Pet Hospital at Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Glad your fur baby is doing so well. Great news.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Gold member

Open House this Saturday, August 10th, from 1pm to 4pm at Colony Pet Hospital.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Default Brenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D View Post
What is their phone number?

Thanks
633-7327. We have two small dogs and really like Dr Drum and his staff.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Default Colony Animal Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri317 View Post
Has anyone heard when the Colony Plaza pet hospital will open. It looks like it is finished and ready to roll.
I have taken my two dogs there twice. The front staff is very slow and seem to not have their act together. Both times I have been there it has taken them 45 minutes to check me in 45 minutes to check me out. Seems there was only one lady, Judy, that had a personality and knew what she was doing. Unfortunately, I only saw Judy there one time when they initially opened.

The vet seems to be personable and knowledgeable. I can't say the same for the remainder of the staff.

I boarded my dogs for a week while I was out of town. I took all their food/treats & provided the front desk with written instructions as to how to feed my babies. When I picked them up, almost 1/2 of the food was still in the zip lock bag. When I got the dogs home, one of them refused to eat or drink and threw up several times. I finally had to take her to Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic for an after hours visit.

I was very pleased with Jason Sexton, DMV at Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic. He was very caring and thorough. I understand Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic provides grooming and boarding also. After my visit there, I am seriously considering taking my babies there vs Colony.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,939 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgirl View Post
I have taken my two dogs there twice. The front staff is very slow and seem to not have their act together. Both times I have been there it has taken them 45 minutes to check me in 45 minutes to check me out. Seems there was only one lady, Judy, that had a personality and knew what she was doing. Unfortunately, I only saw Judy there one time when they initially opened.

The vet seems to be personable and knowledgeable. I can't say the same for the remainder of the staff.

I boarded my dogs for a week while I was out of town. I took all their food/treats & provided the front desk with written instructions as to how to feed my babies. When I picked them up, almost 1/2 of the food was still in the zip lock bag. When I got the dogs home, one of them refused to eat or drink and threw up several times. I finally had to take her to Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic for an after hours visit.

I was very pleased with Jason Sexton, DMV at Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic. He was very caring and thorough. I understand Buffalo Ridge Pet Clinic provides grooming and boarding also. After my visit there, I am seriously considering taking my babies there vs Colony.
I wonder what you mean by "boarding." There are so many different options now for leaving your pet in good hands while you're away, and putting them with a vet is not high on my list. Are they put in a kennel with a run and left on their own? That's what boarding with a vet used to mean.

I would suggest doing a search on the pet forum for recommendations for pet lodges and/or people who keep dogs in their homes or will come to your home and stay with your dogs. There is a pet place who advertises here on the forum, and many have recommended them. And I can recommend Pet Lodge and Spa in Leesburg, who allows their dogs to be out playing all day and only kenneled at meal times and at night, plus someone on premises 24 hours. 29.50 for an 88-lb fur ball.

Your experience with the checking in and out process sounds like it could be typical start-up problems, but the boarding experience you had is not a good story. Getting half your dog food back and a sick pup is unacceptable.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Sage

I can't speak to Colony for veterinary medicine and care but I do use Buffalo Ridge and have been very happy with their care of both my dogs which have been under more demanding expectations than routine care. The emergency clinic works well and in tandem with the regular clinic and I believe both Dr. Vernon and Dr. Rakes are very qualified vets. Fro the most part, the staff is easy to deal wtih.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 PM

SO SORRY to hear about your kitty...........we had a similar problem with our cat 3 weeks ago and he has no fractures but a "soft tissue" injury. We took him to Emergency in Orlando that day and then to our Vet the next morning. He is on 6 weeks of "low key" activity and acts totally normally except for a limp. Looks to me like shoulder blade but we are waiting 6 weeks to see how he does. I want to take him to UF Gainesville since I heard they have a TOP physician there. PLEASE let me know your opinion/experience with them...Thanks! Maureen
Old 08-15-2013, 01:53 PM

Does anyone know how Dr. Drum prices compare with Paws Animal Hospital which is also on Village property? We found Paws no more expensive than Countryside Vet.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
SO SORRY to hear about your kitty...........we had a similar problem with our cat 3 weeks ago and he has no fractures but a "soft tissue" injury. We took him to Emergency in Orlando that day and then to our Vet the next morning. He is on 6 weeks of "low key" activity and acts totally normally except for a limp. Looks to me like shoulder blade but we are waiting 6 weeks to see how he does. I want to take him to UF Gainesville since I heard they have a TOP physician there. PLEASE let me know your opinion/experience with them...Thanks! Maureen
thanks, Raul's doing very well and has his normal, constant, annoying demands back and I'm happy to see him all out.
i'd compare prices b4 using colony. they did a fine job with our case but seemed to have some charges higher than UF's emergency clinic, which is btw the very best IMO and only an hour away by I75.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Cost of Colony Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn1tv View Post
Does anyone know how Dr. Drum prices compare with Paws Animal Hospital which is also on Village property? We found Paws no more expensive than Countryside Vet.
Back to the original question posed on this thread...who has experience with the new Colony Vet Clinic and their pricing? Thanks...
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Thumbs down miss diagnosis

I took my dog there because it was sneezing all the time. He treated it for an upper respiratory infection to no avail. I ended up going for second opinion to Florida Vet Hospital and the dr diagnosed it as a tooth root abscess where the pus was draining into the nose. They pulled the tooth and it cleared up wonderfully. I don't think he gave a good examination as was needed. I also thought he was overpriced. The wrong diagnosis at any price is overpriced. Try Florida Vet Hospital. They are great.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Thumbs down miss diagnosis

I took my dog there because it was sneezing all the time. He treated it for an upper respiratory infection to no avail. I ended up going for second opinion to Florida Vet Hospital and the dr diagnosed it as a tooth root abscess where the pus was draining into the nose. They pulled the tooth and it cleared up wonderfully. I don't think he gave a good examination as was needed. I also thought he was overpriced. The wrong diagnosis at any price is overpriced. Try Florida Vet Hospital. They are great.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:35 AM

Where is the Florida Vet Hospital please?? ALSO, does anyone know if there is a Vet that graduated from Gainesville in this area?????????? It is one of the best in the Country and would like to find one local here. Thanks!

Last edited by MoeVonB61; 09-01-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Default New Vet cost

$340 is about what I paid for just xrays, diagnosis and emergency visit for our Jack Russell here in Michigan. Doesn't sound like that is out of line. Glad to know they took care of your pet so well. Hoping for the best for your little guy.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Where is the Florida Vet Hospital please?? ALSO, does anyone know if there is a Vet that graduated from Gainesville in this area?????????? It is one of the best in the Country and would like to find one local here. Thanks!
Yes, Dr. Manganaro (sp?) at Park Heights Vet in Fruitland Park is a graduate. She is the one who saved my Sam's life by diagnosing liver cancer in a very early stage and recommended that I take him to Gainesville to Florida Vet Hospital where they performed surgery. Dr. Manganaro worked with me the entire time helping me to understand the process and expected outcome of his illness. She was wonderful and has since kept up with his progress and continues to research improvements for Sam's condition. Thankfully, he is still doing well and the surgery was a few years ago.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.