Please No Pet sign

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Many, many Villagers love dogs. And most pet owners are extremely respectful of other's property. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Well we must have a whole bushel here in chatham.
Fumar, your posts are never disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have never really understood how people could place animals above people but I'll bet I am going to hear why shortly.
The two reasons I love animals ... they are able to give unconditional love and live in the moment. We can learn a lot from them. That doesn't mean that pet owners place their animals above people!! Without exception, pet owners should always be respectful of the rights and sensibilities of others.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM

I am a dog owner and lover who lives on a corner piece of property in TV. I walk MY dog on MY property to do her business but I find it amazing that others seem to have no problem leaving their property and allowing their dogs to go all over my property. My home backs up to a street with a sidewalk and I have been on the lanai while people have walked their dog on my lawn while they walk on the sidewalk - its amazing that these people don't even think this is wrong to do even while knowing I'm right there! Its just so inconsiderate of others property. I know to some here it doesn't seem to be a big deal and in the grand scheme of things its probably not, but if I'm considerate of your property and don't walk my dog there, whats your problem? So many wonderful people live in the villages and alot are dog owners, maybe this thread will help with more consideration....lets hope!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Default Here's the thing angel

My dog doesn't get it is YOUR lawn, he thinks it's our lawn. The grass feels better than the cement of the sidewalk or street, and there are many good
smells in the grass. My dog and I need exercise, if perchance he steps on your grass, I apologize and try to bring him back to the sidewalk immediately.
If he poops, I pick it up, if he pee's, I sprinkle water to dilute. My life as
a dog owner would be horrible if Fido had only to stay in my yard.

He is a big, robust, friendly guy who wants his nose to the ground and who is not able to pee or poop on command as hard as I've tried, and routinely he goes in my yard because it's more comfortable. But, he doesn't make
any judgments about you...the color of your house, the plants, your shutters, he just loves everything in his world. I will do my best to have him
tip toe along on the sidewalk, but he doesn't mean any harm I promise you, nor do I. I work hard at helping him to be, "man's best friend". My best friend alerted me to a murder on my street of a woman and her baby on an early, early morning walk, a long time ago. He had to go to court and show people how he does that. If you are in trouble and we happen by, he could tell me you need help and we could get you help...he doesn't want any thanks tho...just a place to doo if he has to on a walk. And I'll do my best to leave your yard exactly as we found it. Promise.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog friendly View Post
no you certainly have not seen me walking my dog in the neighborhood, I take my pet out 3 times a day by car or cart to common areas....... and she uses her back yard, and no yellow spots, so shut your pie hole please......

Duffysmom is someone whose posts I always enjoy reading. I know she has a kind heart and she is always pleasant and always informative.

Diplomacy is a wonderful trait to own. It is the quality of being able to tell someone to go to hell and have them look forward to the trip.

Some people are diplomatic and some aren't.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,174 Times in 441 Posts
Default Hi Doodlegirl

I don't think anyone has a problem with the DOGS, the problem is the OWNER (we are the smart ones, right?), there are many common areas (post office, pet parks, rec centers, etc.) to let your super sniffer dog have fun reading pee-mail BUT NOT private property and I know you are trying. I'm sure you can appreciate all the effort that all the homeowners put into our yards and gardens also...Please be considerate....When your dog pees in the yard, diluted or not, it invites every dog in the neighborhood to add their markings to the SAME spot, which then produces BROWN spots....Please, please help us homeowners keep our yards green....I feel for the homeowners that don't have pets, they must be outraged that a pet owner would leave their GREEN yard and cross over to a neighbors yard and urinate....I've heard comments from dog-owners with small dogs that say "Well, Foofoo, is so small, she could not damage anyone's yard", it is not one dogs markings but every other dog.....Bottom line, let your dog, pee and poo in YOUR yard, problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlegirl View Post
My dog doesn't get it is YOUR lawn, he thinks it's our lawn. The grass feels better than the cement of the sidewalk or street, and there are many good
smells in the grass. My dog and I need exercise, if perchance he steps on your grass, I apologize and try to bring him back to the sidewalk immediately.
If he poops, I pick it up, if he pee's, I sprinkle water to dilute. My life as
a dog owner would be horrible if Fido had only to stay in my yard.

He is a big, robust, friendly guy who wants his nose to the ground and who is not able to pee or poop on command as hard as I've tried, and routinely he goes in my yard because it's more comfortable. But, he doesn't make
any judgments about you...the color of your house, the plants, your shutters, he just loves everything in his world. I will do my best to have him
tip toe along on the sidewalk, but he doesn't mean any harm I promise you, nor do I. I work hard at helping him to be, "man's best friend". My best friend alerted me to a murder on my street of a woman and her baby on an early, early morning walk, a long time ago. He had to go to court and show people how he does that. If you are in trouble and we happen by, he could tell me you need help and we could get you help...he doesn't want any thanks tho...just a place to doo if he has to on a walk. And I'll do my best to leave your yard exactly as we found it. Promise.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

Today, 03:19 PM

graciegirl
Sage
Diplomacy is a wonderful trait to own. It is the quality of being able to tell someone to go to hell and have them look forward to the trip.

Some people are diplomatic and some aren't.
--------------
No competition today.....you are the winner, hands down. I know it's early but.........

You win the SWIMDAWG Post of the Day Award!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,414 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with the DOGS, the problem is the OWNER (we are the smart ones, right?), there are many common areas (post office, pet parks, rec centers, etc.) to let your super sniffer dog have fun reading pee-mail BUT NOT private property and I know you are trying. I'm sure you can appreciate all the effort that all the homeowners put into our yards and gardens also...Please be considerate....When your dog pees in the yard, diluted or not, it invites every dog in the neighborhood to add their markings to the SAME spot, which then produces BROWN spots....Please, please help us homeowners keep our yards green....I feel for the homeowners that don't have pets, they must be outraged that a pet owner would leave their GREEN yard and cross over to a neighbors yard and urinate....I've heard comments from dog-owners with small dogs that say "Well, Foofoo, is so small, she could not damage anyone's yard", it is not one dogs markings but every other dog.....Bottom line, let your dog, pee and poo in YOUR yard, problem solved!
Always enjoy the smell around the post office in late July.............
Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation arrogrance

The arrogrance of anyone who thinks they have a right to tresspass on someones property, with a dog, cat or anything else goes beyone my ability to understand. It is a form of entitlement which most likely carries into the other parts of their life. You have no right to come on my property without my permission and to do so demonstrates a serious behavior problem that needs to be addressed by professionals. To believe it is OK is not normal and is truly abnormal behavior and thought. If someone truly thinks it is OK to violate my wishes for my property then they need help and I hope they are strong enough to go get it. These are people who disrespect boundries and if they do it in one case, rest assured they will do it in other cases.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Always enjoy the smell around the post office in late July.............
....and now I do regret....a little....giving that SPOTD Award....so early!

Is that your normal "Post Office fragrance"????
Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Default Really?

You people have THAT many dogs pooping and peeing in your yards? I would think that maybe your neighbors might just have it in for you! I don't think I've had that many dogs pooping and peeing in my yard that they ruined my lawn in my whole lifetime! Sounds like a conspiracy to me! Maybe it's like Halloween where all the surrounding neighborhoods bring their kids to YOUR house because you have the BEST candy!

Do you think the dogs KNOW something that they all go to YOUR yard?

For those of you who think that when you get older, you need to get rid of your dogs. Let me tell you a little bit about these furry friends. If you lose your eyesight, they can be your eyes. If you lose your hearing, they can be your ears. As you get older and need a watchdog, they can be your protection. (do you know people don't like to break into homes that have dogs?) If you are epileptic, they can get you to a safe place before you have a seizure. Dogs have been known to find and save their owners in a hurricane or tornado. (the one in a neighboring town saved the life of his owner) And they have been known to be great fire alarms. When you get old and can't get around, they can turn off and on lights, get items out of the fridge, and help with the laundry.

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...nefits-of-pets

All of this being said, if I didn't own a dog, I would most likely tell you what I REALLY think. But since I do own a dog, I feel more loving and caring and will just leave it at this.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Is that your normal "Post Office fragrance"????
Mon ami! I theek zat Bogie Shoo-ter was talk'eng about ze dogs's fragraonce and not eez own!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,414 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Mon ami! I theek zat Bogie Shoo-ter was talk'eng about ze dogs's fragraonce and not eez own!

The Villages Florida
Pour sûr que c'était l'intention, je suis un gars Old Spice.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Pour sûr que c'était l'intention, je suis un gars Old Spice.
En tant que Jackie Gleason utilisé à dire ... "Comment il est doux! ".
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What many posters don't understand is that many of the people responding to this thread are dog owners. jbartle wrote the original post and she is a dog owner as well; the difference is that we are responsible dog owners.
I can assure you that my Duffy has never trespassed, urinated or pooped on my neighbors' lawn and he lives a full and happy life. Lecturing about how important dogs are in our lives is preaching to the choir. Dog's get a bad rap in TV because of the few who have a sense of entitlement.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,174 Times in 441 Posts
Default Atta girl!

...Duffy is a lucky dog to have a mom like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
What many posters don't understand is that many of the people responding to this thread are dog owners. jbartle wrote the original post and she is a dog owner as well; the difference is that we are responsible dog owners.
I can assure you that my Duffy has never trespassed, urinated or pooped on my neighbors' lawn and he lives a full and happy life. Lecturing about how important dogs are in our lives is preaching to the choir. Dog's get a bad rap in TV because of the few who have a sense of entitlement.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.