damaged vinyl siding

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Sage

Hi Tom60,
My first priority would be to get it repaired before you have a more serious and costly problem such as water damage. Has the lawn service not been back to your neighbor's property? I wonder if your neighbor would be willing to drop his service if he doesn't pay you.

I'd call the lawn guy and tell him if he's not there by Friday you will have it fixed and charge him for it. I would follow up with a letter. Also state and write to him that if you have it repaired and he has not reimbursed you by a week from Friday, you will report him to Crimes Against Seniors.

Good luck, and let us know if he ever comes through.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Why don't you report his company to The Villages? Or at least threaten him that you are going to do that. You might be surprised at what a quick response you just might get. I would also inform the neighbor of the situation - just as an FYI. Don't think they would be responsible for something someone else did to your home - but it certainly wouldn't hurt to at least let them know "what kind of people are working for them". Just suggestions!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM

I have solved this problem with my rental property here in Illinois, yard guy destroyed a sprinkler head by running over it with his trailer. He gave me the run-a-round you are getting ("HE WOULD FIX IT"). He had installed the system 2 years ealier, so I knew he was qualified, just not being prompt in repairs. I was very patient, finally just contacted him, informend him that I would be getting a bid to get it repaired and have the bill sent to him.. I had waited long enough, NEXT day he had a guy out and was repaired by noon the next day. Just my 2 cents I hope it helps
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM

they have to get the right to work in the Villages from tv so way dont you tell them that you are going to send tv a complant about them mybe you are not the omly one with the same problem from the same man
Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Default vinyl

Suggest you call seniors vs. crime at the Sumter Cty sheriffs office. Make a complaint.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Are you kidding? A private contractor and a resident need the permission of who?? to work in TV. They need a special permit or license to work in TV? I don't think so.. I sure hope TV does not have that much power.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,009 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Are you kidding? A private contractor and a resident need the permission of who?? to work in TV. They need a special permit or license to work in TV? I don't think so.. I sure hope TV does not have that much power.
No permission, no permit, no license required.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
I asked him when he was going to fix it and he said he was going to get a new peice of siding and match the color and be back and he gave me a day. Cant remember when it was now since the day has come and gone. I guess this guy doesnt mind telling little lies either.Im about ready to just call someone reputable to fix it and pay for it myself. It wont cost that much but its just the principal of the thing.
If you and your neighbor get along , have him do you a favor and tell his lawn service to fix his neighbors siding or he,ll cancell his services......
Old 02-01-2011, 04:01 PM

I decided to send the contractor a fairly nice letter. Did not threaten him. Today i got a call from him telling me he got my letter and he would be here next friday to do the repairs. I guess sometime its better to just try and be nice. Thanks to all of you for the good suggestions.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
I decided to send the contractor a fairly nice letter. Did not threaten him. Today i got a call from him telling me he got my letter and he would be here next friday to do the repairs. I guess sometime its better to just try and be nice. Thanks to all of you for the good suggestions.
tom - Good to hear back from you and to know the path you're taking. Hold his feet to the fire on next Friday!!! Hope it all turns out well.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.