Pergula

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Magellan did my neighbors pergola

According to the neighbor the pergola must be able to withstand hurricane force winds. He had to have an architetural application approved. It does need to attach to the house to pass their inspection. They also had a wall erected on our side for privacy. HMMMMM. Guess I talk too much. It is beautiful but the only regret I have is that it seriously blocks my view and I like to see the other folks in the back.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:55 PM

It is 11x14, white aluminum attached to the house with supra-gutter. $3000 includng permits, arch design paperwork and approval.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
It is 11x14, white aluminum attached to the house with supra-gutter. $3000 includng permits, arch design paperwork and approval.
Thanks Hoppy, still using The Pergola Guys?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Yes and was very happy with their work. Villages Palms Landscape coming by tomorrow to design and complete project and measure for pavers and walkway to lanai. Talked to neighbor tonight and theirs is going in a few days away. I would never have begun to do myself what they did. Their method of attaching to house and workmanship were superior, in my estimation. To avoid a neighborhood traffic jam, pm me and when it is finished I'll send you my address.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

It would be great to post some pictures of the project when completed....

Frank
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM

It's going to be a few weeks as we are going out of town a couple times in next few weeks, but I certainly will.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
We would like to put one on the east side of our our CYV, basing it on the existing patio. Jusluvit, is that a strong enough base? Not sure how thick that is, but once back in TV, could dig down and find out.

Up north, of course, you have to worry about the frost depth - footings needed to be 4 feet deep in WI if I'm remembering correctly, but less in central Ohio. In Florida, probably just need to make sure the base is strong (thick) enough to support the weight?

I'd be interested in getting a contractor to either do the kit for us, or do something similar, depending on cost.
There isn't usually any room to put any structure on the side of a CYV unlsee you have a corner lot. Check your setbacks on your siteplan.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum member

we just ordered one built by T & D. They were the only ones to build what we wanted. Real wood.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Sage
Default Golly gee whizz!

Can't we all see it??? Pllllleeeeeeaaase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
We have a beautiful, free standing 10x12'x8' high pergola, totally maintenance free, powder-coated aluminum, sitting on a concrete pad. It cost $700 as a kit from a discount retailer (BJs). I was able to assemble it with a socket wrench, a step ladder and my wife steadying the legs as I connected the first roof pieces. Nothing heavy or strenuous. Completed in less than four hours. The 12x12 concrete pad was under a hot tub the previous owner had in a private side yard of our CYV. I finished it with ceramic tile.

The pergola is a perfect addition, and still looks new four years later. I searched the internet extensively. Vinyl and cedar pergolas are more expensive. If you'd like to see a photo, send me a PM with your email address.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I would love one of those as well! What are the estimated costs of one?? I haven't yet pursued it but would love one in the front (if the "powers that be" would allow it).
Pergola's are not allowed to be built in the front in The Villages
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 PM

My lanai faces north so one side of the lanai faces west. So sun comes into the lanai in the late afternoon/early evening. Will a pergola on the western side of the lanai (which would be attached to the back of the house) do a good job at minimizing the sun into the lanai? Is there a particular design that keeps out the sun more than others?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 AM

I would love to see a pic of your pergola. My email is rhondasherrer@gmail.com
Thanks.!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Platinum member

If you Google "vinyl pergolas" you'll come up with hundreds of kits, sellers and ideas for pergolas. They have pergola kits rated for 140 mph winds, and up to 4' of snow loads. I had no idea that there's a whole pergola industry out there!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Default Pergola

We had one installed about a month ago by Magellan. Beautiful work, completed in 2 days. We had ceiling fans, and several electrical outlets installed at the same time. These guys are local, and I recommend them highly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.