Roofing contractors.

Old 01-26-2024, 11:50 AM

DO NOT USE MCHALE ! They were sold and did a terrible job!
Old 01-26-2024, 11:13 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,787 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albina View Post
We need a new roof for our home. Can someone suggest a good and reliable contractor?
Be VERY careful first of all. Read what the village tinkerer wrote on this thread, and lastly, talk to a retired professional (old timer) roofer IF you don't know the lingo. Both our sons did roofing through college and grad school. If you find someone with a good reputation, they may very well have a completely different "crew" of roofers, many of whom may not even speak your language so communication during the job is impossible. There are MANY ways to cut corners, the number of nails per strip is important, many people don't even inquire about the nail strips a company uses. There are MANY ways to do the "peak and valley" work, the "cheap and fast", and the "tried and true", many short cuts YOU pay for down the line when you can't find the contractor or, your one year "warrentee" is expired. Again, find an "old timer", who did roofing for 30 years or more, and ask him EXACTLY what to ask about METHODS used... you knowing those methods, and the differences in them, should put the contractors (or the door to door sales people) on their toes, you might frighten them a bit, you are an old retired senior and should not KNOW much about how to roof ! LOL ! Have any the of the door to door "free" inspectors told you yet, with a VERY long and concerned face, that you have "creasing"... OMG. If they do, smile and let them know that is a perfectly normal condition as roofs age, not a tragedy.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,787 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Roofers can do a roof in one day because the county does not require as many inspections as there are in other counties. In Palm Beach County inspector has to come out after base layer(tar paper) is installed in order to make sure it was installed per code. Good or bad, this does not appear to be done in Sumter County, unless the inspector can and does inspect it with minimal notice.
You are correct, right on ! Both of our sons worked their way through college and grad school by roofing. They can NOT believe how they roof here, the materials they use, the methods, the nail strips with fewer nails to the strip, and that inspections are NOT done at each step. They watched a roof go on across the street two days before Christmas on a house that was probably 2300, 2400 Sq. ft. and could not believe the speed and no inspection had to be done after the underlay !
Old 01-27-2024, 07:53 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Skylight Roofing Villages - Voted Villages Favorite Roofer 2023

Listen to your Neighbors here in The Villages:

“We had Sky Light Roofing put a new roof on our home 1/17/2024, it was a painless process they delivered on every promise without being reminded. They handled all county permitting and ARC approval. My son owns a large roofing distribution company up north so I had him review all of my quotes and he told me that Sky Light was a very fair quote and they do all the little things that define a Platinum installer. New drip caps on entire house, new stacks, vent covers, and new ridge vents. They installed on the schedule date and cleaned up as promised. Brent is a village resident and extremely easy to work with always returning calls and text. I don't know about the other company's in the area but l'm glad that I selected Sky Light.
Last edited by ankeny; Today at 06:56 AM” - William Coe

Quote:
We need a new roof for our home. Can someone suggest a good and reliable contractor?
Old 02-11-2024, 04:21 PM
Default Roofing Contractor

Quote:
I had Roofing Pros USA do an inspection on my roof last week. They found many loose shingles and almost no grit was left on the existing shingles.

They use TAMKO Heritage shingles a name I am not familiar with. Corning has been my "go to" on my home in PA.

Roofing Pros indicated they will handle ALL correspondence with the insurance company and my only expense will be the deductable on my policy plus any sheeting or fascia wood that might need repaired.

I have a list of questions regarding their contract language and I'm waiting for a reply,

Anyone reading this who can shed some light on Roofing Pros will be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2024, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,424 Posts

Assignment of benefits?
Old 02-12-2024, 07:28 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Skylight Roofing Rated Favorite Villagers Roofer 2023

Quote:

Skylight Roofing Villages - Villages Trusted Roofer for over 18 years

It’s very difficult to trust service folks these days on follow-through (I speak to my Wife often about this). That’s where YOU come in …. neighbors will listen to your experiences, and we humbly hope it was or will be an outstanding one.

We understand that the most important question that stands between you and that decision:

“Who do I (we) trust, and will they give me (us) the best possible roofing quality installation to go along with the best price…with everything included?”..

For those of you who previously did their homework and decided to make a wise decision to RoofWithUs!®, we thank you for all your kind comments on Google, NextDoor, Talk of the Villages, BBB, and Trust Pilot!

For those of you currently pondering the inevitable, we look forward to providing a “Hassle-Free” roofing review - Always courteously treating you as a Villages Neighbor and Extended Family. Seriously, we really consider our neighbors family!

Once again, Thank you very much for the opportunity to provide you with best possible estimate - Leave a review or just FAVE us as one of your roofers of choice in The Villages please:

1) Transparent, Open, Honest
2) Fully FL Licensed and Insured; OSHA-10
3) Best Possible Roofing Price Estimates
4) Trusted FL Platinum Roofing Installers
5) Always Available to Communicate Openly and Clearly with all our Neighbors and Customers

352-552-4766 / 888-520-0363

FL State Licensing Skylight Roofing
CGC1529262 / CCC1332541

Roofer in The Villages - Skylight Roofing Inc.

Skylight Roofing

Sky Light Roofing, Inc. - Lady Lake, FL - Nextdoor

Google Maps

Sky Light Roofing Inc. Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of skylightroofing.com

Sky Light Roofing, Inc. - Nextdoor https://nextdoor.com/pages/sky-light...urce=org_pages
Old 02-12-2024, 09:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,218 Times in 769 Posts

Ok, Skylight Roofing, we see your daily adds, and your 4 or 5 posts here on this thread.... please stop already !
Old 02-12-2024, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,365 Times in 4,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Ok, Skylight Roofing, we see your daily adds, and your 4 or 5 posts here on this thread.... please stop already !
They pay to put those ads here. It helps pay for the FREE site you are using...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 08:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yporter View Post
Another recommendation for McGinnis at 352-266-9403; insurance company required us to replace the roof when we bought and they were great. Quick, very good job, cleaned up after themselves, good price - and since we were paying, it did matter!
I had the same experience with McGinnis, and I highly recommend at least getting a quote from them!
I personally know of five people that have used them, and all were very pleased with their work and pricing!
Old 02-13-2024, 09:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,218 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
They pay to put those ads here. It helps pay for the FREE site you are using...
That's nice, but not every other post !
Old 02-13-2024, 09:23 PM
Default Certainteed shingle claims

Hello,

Has anyone filed a warranty claim via Certainteed? Neighbor said it was very easy, they cover up to the first two owners and cover about half the replacement cost. Its to my understanding the majority of the shingles installed 2008-2018 are Certainteed?
Old 02-13-2024, 09:59 PM

////

Last edited by RPDaly; 03-16-2024 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:49 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Roofing Pros LLC out of Ocala?
They are doing a lot of seminars at CODY's in Sumter Landing.

Tags
roofing, reliable, good, suggest, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.