XFinity

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2021, 06:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeCurmudgeon View Post
Would you be upset if someone referred to a guy as a dude? It's just slang and I doubt the poster meant any disrespect. I guess if you said that chick, Pelosi, and that dude, Biden, are at it again, might be inappropriate depending on the situation . . .
Dude
Old 11-06-2021, 06:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Would you be upset if someone referred to a guy as a dude? It's just slang and I doubt the poster meant any disrespect. I guess if you said that chick, Pelosi, and that dude, Biden, are at it again, might be inappropriate depending on the situation . . .
I think you spelled Dud wrong
Old 11-06-2021, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

It doesn't matter which company you sign up with, at the end they will either find a way to increase your bill or manage to reduce your service.

Cutting the cable is not perfect, but you have less interaction with these companies and streaming is getting better every day,
Old 11-06-2021, 06:16 AM
Default Horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebollaros View Post
Has anyone else had problems with xFinity and their billing practices?
We were told we would be informed if there was going to be a charge for a new hookup. Tech came, connected wires, and, left. Next bill...$100 charge. Try calling and get a former telemarketer on the line. They talk and don't listen. This chick must have been a parrot in a former life. All she does is constantly repeat herself. Changing to Spectrum. Poor customer service.
They are the worst
PERIOD
Old 11-06-2021, 06:39 AM

We were told that the new install would be $100—no surprise here
Old 11-06-2021, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,681 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebollaros View Post
Has anyone else had problems with xFinity and their billing practices?
We were told we would be informed if there was going to be a charge for a new hookup. Tech came, connected wires, and, left. Next bill...$100 charge. Try calling and get a former telemarketer on the line. They talk and don't listen. This chick must have been a parrot in a former life. All she does is constantly repeat herself. Changing to Spectrum. Poor customer service.
My experience with xFinity has been good here, so far. We signed up at a one-year introductory rate of $75 per month, the total including all the charges, taxes, etc. which were specified to us ahead of time. We were aware that it was going up after one year and it did, to $102 or so a month. Installation was free. We did have one issue about four months into the contract; some problem or other on the wiring leading up to the house and there was a $100 dollar charge for that service call, but as far as I know that would be the case for any company. To their credit the tech spent at least four hours here getting things sorted out, and noticed that I didn't have the most current router so he supplied a new one that is a lot quicker than the old one, free--and he helped me set it up.

We did have one problem. I received a past-due notice for my bill about last April after I had sent the check about two weeks before the due date, and had the same experience trying to call them. But after striking out with their call-center person (English probably as a third language and was progressively harder to understand as the call went on) I used a technique pretty much guaranteed to work. I sent a letter (paper, not Email) to their main office with a copy to the local office. The address for both is online though you may have to hunt a bit for the main office address: Pennsylvania or some place near there. About three days later I received a call from someone at their main office. I pointed out that my check had cleared my bank the same day I had gotten the past-due notice, and he had no problem removing the past-due charge.

So far, I like xFinity. No nasty surprises and excellent service. Customer Service leaves something to be desired (those call centers located it seems in downtown BFE are beyond annoying) but there are always ways around that.

Last edited by ThirdOfFive; 11-06-2021 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-06-2021, 08:15 AM
Sage

Not exactly true. For example, I use CenturyLink for internet only via fiber optic cable to the house. I have their "one price for life" deal. The price, $45/month including all taxes and fees, won't change unless I change the service for greater upload/download bandwidth. Will I do this at some point in the future? Probably. Until that time, my cost doesn't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
It doesn't matter which company you sign up with, at the end they will either find a way to increase your bill or manage to reduce your service.

Cutting the cable is not perfect, but you have less interaction with these companies and streaming is getting better every day,

Last edited by biker1; 11-06-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Default Cutting the cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
PM me and I'll show you how to cut the cable.
Interested in learning more
Old 11-06-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Good luck with Spectrum. Got rid of them and never going back. What is with all the recent new posters with complaints?
We signed with Spectrum soon after we moved in in Late May. We did not like it and called to end it on June 27, a day before the new pay period. We had Century link come in and disconnect the equipment which I returned to the Spectrum store. They set us up so we had no Spectrum signal on and after June 27.

Since then I have been hounded by Spectrum to pay for the period starting on June 28. I keep calling and going through the scenario and they say they will look into it. Then I got a bill for August!

The final straw: they have now sicced a credit agency on me for the $127 bill for service I did not and could not get.

Stay away from Spectrum.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Default Hate comcast

In short... after 30 years of Comcast/Xfinity in MD and here in TV, I cringe and my blood pressure escalates every time anything happens with the cable/internet service.
In MD, the problem was service and very few alternatives. Dish was out due to location.
Here in TV, since we moved here, we took out service with Comcast as a matter of convenience and timing. When our contract runs out this next April, we will be switching to CenturyLink for fiber internet (we are here on the north side and it's available). Wide range of options to TV. All will be less expensive than Xfinity, none of the headaches of 30 years.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Quote:
If you don’t know the female personally, “chick” is a pejorative term, and believe me “dude” would not be the equivalent male term I would use.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The disrespectful part, I’m guessing.
Interesting. I thought that using "chick" was similar to my using "kiddo" as a form of flattery or familiarity, suggesting that the person is young. I have never considered the term "chick" as being demeaning in any way. I guess some folks are sensitive and we should know that permission to speak is always advisable.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEETHOVENMIKEY View Post
In short... after 30 years of Comcast/Xfinity in MD and here in TV, I cringe and my blood pressure escalates every time anything happens with the cable/internet service.
In MD, the problem was service and very few alternatives. Dish was out due to location.
Here in TV, since we moved here, we took out service with Comcast as a matter of convenience and timing. When our contract runs out this next April, we will be switching to CenturyLink for fiber internet (we are here on the north side and it's available). Wide range of options to TV. All will be less expensive than Xfinity, none of the headaches of 30 years.
Centurylink fiber is great and set at a permanent price.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If you don’t know the female personally, “chick” is a pejorative term, and believe me “dude” would not be the equivalent male term I would use.
So, I guess starting or ending a comment with "sweetheart" is out of the question?
Old 11-06-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Interesting. I thought that using "chick" was similar to my using "kiddo" as a form of flattery or familiarity, suggesting that the person is young. I have never considered the term "chick" as being demeaning in any way. I guess some folks are sensitive and we should know that permission to speak is always advisable.
You are right, IF you know the person, then the term can be endearing. If you don’t know them then it is considered demeaning.

By the way, I wonder if you have noticed that people who like to insult and then call the insulted person “sensitive” are similar to those who say “they have no sense of humor”. The very same people seem to take offense when you turn the situation on them.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, charge, repeat, customer, telemarketer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.