The 7 Stages of Covid

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Let me be the first to tell you that I had Covid and I’m still glad that I didn’t get the shot.

My stages were:
1: Dry cough for a couple of days
2: Then a little lethargic for a three days. Two of those days I had muscle/joint aches
3: Temporary loss of smell

My doctor offered a Steroids, I opted not to.
Since my cough lasted three weeks. That classified me as a Covid long hauler. (Any symptoms lasting more than two weeks is classified as long haul)
It’s been seven weeks since my initial symptoms. I have antibodies, I feel normal and I haven’t received a vaccine that has no long term studies regarding side it’s effects.

My experience was similar, except my sense of smell was heightened. Weird. But no long-term effects. I feel great.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
I hope this makes you feel a little bit better. There are, as of 2020 count, 332,000,000 people in the US. As of Sept 20, 2021 there are 676,076 deaths. That comes out to just over 2/10th of one percent. That is .002. Three percent would be .03. Had 3% of the pop[ulation died it would be just under 10 million deaths
Over 600,000 people dead is supposed to make us feel better????
Old 09-21-2021, 11:46 AM

Since obesity causes far, FAR more deaths and illness than covid, how would people feel if the government mandated diets & exercise for these fat slobs overloading the US healthcare system?

Why not?

Notice all the finger-wagging fat nurses (aka "heroes") loving the attention.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:55 AM

I agree, great piece of propaganda...convincing argument designed to support a believed "Truth"... One's "Truth" is what you believe " IS TRUTH"... Must remember Education and Intelligence are not the same commodity...both often mascarade as the other...some are educated beyond their intelligence... Few have both in proper proportion to dicect passionate but fraudulent stories. Human nature leads people to be bias to popular "Truths" so to part of the majority...safety in numbers...600 years ago Settled Science held the Earth was flat with the Sun in orbit... Safe belief as contract position could be fatal...fast forward to Modern Science... Today we are being "Educated" that mandatory MASK Requirements will PROTECT the previously vaccinated from Covid..( VP Harris)... Question???? Where is the Intelligence..? Make up your own mind... PS .If you believe YOU need a Booster to protect me...I prefer you isolate in your home and call Doordash to deliver your food.....Peace
Old 09-21-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,582 Times in 3,135 Posts

Quote:
Let me be the first to tell you that I had Covid and I’m still glad that I didn’t get the shot.

My stages were:
2: Then a little lethargic for a three days. Two of those days I had muscle/joint aches

Since my cough lasted three weeks. That classified me as a Covid long hauler. (Any symptoms lasting more than two weeks is classified as long haul)
It’s been seven weeks since my initial symptoms. I have antibodies, I feel normal and I haven’t received a vaccine that has no long term studies regarding side it’s effects.
Awesome, good for you!

Meanwhile, my sister ended up sick as a dog for three months, because of someone JUST LIKE YOU.

The downside is, she -can't- vaccinate because of a bloodclotting disorder. So people JUST LIKE YOU will continue roaming freely, coughing their way through life.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,582 Times in 3,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodyssey View Post
Since obesity causes far, FAR more deaths and illness than covid, how would people feel if the government mandated diets & exercise for these fat slobs overloading the US healthcare system?

Why not?

Obesity isn't contagious. You being fat is no threat to my health.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
My point was that’s it’s an individual decision. You may think it’s a cut-and-dry choice but some don’t feel the same as you.
That is why there is a need for vaccine mandates.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Obesity isn't contagious. You being fat is no threat to my health.
Of course you avoided answering THE QUESTION, so I'll ask again:

"How would people feel if the government mandated diets & exercise for these fat slobs overloading the US healthcare system?"

And, I'm not fat. You?

I'm not contagious.

The issue is obese Americans taking up space (pun) and $Billions in the healthcare system that could be directed elsewhere. Yes, obese people do impose a huge (pun) cost on everyone else, including health costs.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodyssey View Post

Why not?

Where did you get the "FAR more deaths and illness" information? The numbers I can find indicate about 300,000 deaths per year from obesity which is about 1/2 the number of deaths attributed to COVID.

When the "fat slobs" fill the hospital beds and cause a problem for me and my family I will worry about it.

When the "fat slobs" infect me and my family and cause us to be fat slobs too then I will worry about it.

And in answer to your other question, when the "fat slobs" impact the health care system and society in general in the same way the unvaccinated are today, THEN it might make sense for the Govt. to issue mandates. For obesity, that is not the case today and it hasn't been the case in the past. For the unvaccinated it most certainly is.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-21-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Most unvaccinated people who get Covid do not go to the hospital and recover just fine. No one wants to hear that though
Most people who drive their cars and do not wear a seat belt arrive home just fine. It is those uneducated fake news watchers that think they will never get into a car accident, or get terminally ill from a virus because of low risk. Ask the families of those 650,000 dead americans, who made that gamble and lost. Keep watching those propaganda disinformation networks to keep hearing what you want to hear, instead of actual facts.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have never done a cut-and-paste from a published article, but that's the only way I could do this. Unlike other cut-and-pastes I have seen that often do not cite the source, I will do so. . .

This is what is known to research as a primary source. Primary sources are defined as first-hand accounts of a topic by people who had a connection with it.

The following article was published in the Op-Ed section of the LA Times, August 26, 2021. The writer is Karen Gallardo, a respiratory therapist at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura.

(In spite of the disagreements we Villagers can have sometimes on TOTV, I think most of us have sense enough to have been vaccinated. We duly vaccinated, older and (sometimes) wiser, people do not seem to be the age-group that welcomed Covid back to another rampant run.

I have boomer friends who cannot get their adult children to be vaccinated -- not to protect their own children, not to protect themselves, and not to protect their "old" parents. Family dynamics for some are getting downright weird. . .but. . .I digress.)

Here's the article. Read it and weep.

Boomer

Op-Ed: On the front lines, here’s what the seven stages of severe COVID-19 look like

I’m a respiratory therapist. With the fourth wave of the pandemic in full swing, fueled by the highly contagious Delta variant, the trajectory of the patients I see, from admission to critical care, is all too familiar. When they’re vaccinated, their COVID-19 infections most likely end after Stage 1. If only that were the case for everyone.

Get vaccinated. If you choose not to, here’s what to expect if you are hospitalized for a serious case of COVID-19.

Stage 1. You’ve had debilitating symptoms for a few days, but now it is so hard to breathe that you come to the emergency room. Your oxygen saturation level tells us you need help, a supplemental flow of 1 to 4 liters of oxygen per minute. We admit you and start you on antivirals, steroids, anticoagulants or monoclonal antibodies. You’ll spend several days in the hospital feeling run-down, but if we can wean you off the oxygen, you’ll get discharged. You survive.

Stage 2. It becomes harder and harder for you to breathe. “Like drowning,” many patients describe the feeling. The bronchodilator treatments we give you provide little relief. Your oxygen requirements increase significantly, from 4 liters to 15 liters to 40 liters per minute. Little things, like relieving yourself or sitting up in bed, become too difficult for you to do on your own. Your oxygen saturation rapidly declines when you move about. We transfer you to the intensive care unit.

Stage 3. You’re exhausted from hyperventilating to satisfy your body’s demand for air. We put you on noninvasive, “positive pressure” ventilation — a big, bulky face mask that must be Velcro’d tightly around your face so the machine can efficiently push pressure into your lungs to pop them open so you get enough of the oxygen it delivers.

Stage 4. Your breathing becomes even more labored. We can tell you’re severely fatigued. An arterial blood draw confirms that the oxygen content in your blood is critically low. We prepare to intubate you. If you’re able to and if there’s time, we will suggest that you call your loved ones. This might be the last time they’ll hear your voice.
We connect you to a ventilator. You are sedated and paralyzed, fed through a feeding tube, hooked to a Foley catheter and a rectal tube. We turn your limp body regularly, so you don’t develop pressure ulcers — bed sores. We bathe you and keep you clean. We flip you onto your stomach to allow for better oxygenation. We will try experimental therapeutics.

Stage 5. Some patients survive Stage 4. Unfortunately, your oxygen levels and overall condition have not improved after several days on the ventilator. Your COVID-infested lungs need assistance and time to heal, something that an ECMO machine, which bypasses your lungs and oxygenates your blood, can provide. But alas, our community hospital doesn’t have that capability.

If you’re stable enough, you will get transferred to another hospital for that therapy. Otherwise, we’ll continue treating you as best we can. We’re understaffed and overwhelmed, but we’ll always give you the best care we can.

Stage 6. The pressure required to open your lungs is so high that air can leak into your chest cavity, so we insert tubes to clear it out. Your kidneys fail to filter the byproducts from the drugs we continuously give you. Despite diuretics, your entire body swells from fluid retention, and you require dialysis to help with your renal function.

The long hospital stay and your depressed immune system make you susceptible to infections. A chest X-ray shows fluid accumulating in your lung sacs. A blood clot may show up, too. We can’t prevent these complications at this point; we treat them as they present.

If your blood pressure drops critically, we will administer vasopressors to bring it up, but your heart may stop anyway. After several rounds of CPR, we’ll get your pulse and circulation back. But soon, your family will need to make a difficult decision.

Stage 7: After several meetings with the palliative care team, your family decides to withdraw care. We extubate you, turning off the breathing machinery. We set up a final FaceTime call with your loved ones. As we work in your room, we hear crying and loving goodbyes. We cry, too, and we hold your hand until your last natural breath.

I’ve been at this for 17 months now. It doesn’t get easier. My pandemic stories rarely end well.

Karen Gallardo is a respiratory therapist at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura.
Wonderful article ssssooooo moving and sssssoooo sad. My eyes are watering. What a WASTE! What an IGNOBLE way to leave the earth. And I wonder how many people each UNvaccinated person took with them or caused them permanent, long-term damage? And what about long-term damage to America???????
That poor RT lady. No wonder hospitals are running out of staff. And what happens IF a super-DELTA variant develops?
Old 09-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
The fallacy of this list is that "Stage 1" is in the hospital. This is because Fauci and friends (NIH, CDC, FDA, fakebook, google, twitter, youtube) suppress and censor any and all treatment options. I had COVID. I beat it back in 48 hours with a treatment classified as "misinformation" by the pundits. The real list should begin something like:

Stage 1: you don't feel well and you think might have COVID. Go get tested.

Stage 2: Ignore Fauci and begin early treatment options that are working. America's Frontline Doctors have much to offer including early treatment options. This is from many doctors who are actually treating COVID patients. Fauci has not treated anyone for COVID.

Stage 3: End of COVID infection whether vaccinated or not.

Failure to do the above and just waiting at home with no treatment to see what your body will do on its own (other than a coerced vax, this is the only recommended action by Fauci, and all the 3-letter agencies) and then you have a good chance of a hospital visit.

Not getting vaccinated is not the problem. Suppression of valid, effective treatment options in order to coerce vaccination is the problem. Think for yourselves. Don't let anyone do it for you.

I (not vaccinated and staying that way) was infected along with my friend Rich (Pfizer vax) on Aug 18 at a local pub. We both got mildly sick (fever, headache, etc) at the same time and we both tested positive for the Delta variant. I took immediate action (already had "prohibited" meds on hand and ready to go from Frontline Doctors). I had enough for Rich and offered them to him. He refused preferring to rely on his Pfizer promise. A week later he was not improving and went in for the monoclonal crap. It will be 5 weeks tomorrow and he is still too weak to go out for a beer. My recovery was so fast (48 hours) that I didn't even infect my wife who shares a bed with me. No, Rich is not dead. Pfizer may have kept him from getting deathly ill. But, he is still a mess 5 weeks later.

I went and got the anti-body test and I now have robust natural immunity.

I know many of you will just file this under "misinformation". Do so at your own peril or that of your relatives who like me will never bow to Saint Anthony (fauci).

P. S. I am 64 and Rich is 67
Dr. Fauci is a proponent of the Regeneron treatment. Why do you think he tries to suppress the use of the treatment? Dr. Fauci said early on that the Regeneron cocktail probably helped President Trump recover. Dr. Fauci recommends the Regeneron treatment in the early stages of Covid.

Dr. Fauci supports monoclonal antibody treatments. Does it stop severe COVID? - Deseret News

As an aside....... why are there still so many un-vaccinated people dying of Covid if this Regeneron treatment is a proven life saver? Are these people not seeking the treatment early enough in their illness?

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-21-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Pfizer dopes not have FDA approval...only emergency use. The BioNTech has full approval under its label....can't take Pfizer to court if anything goes wrong.....BioNTech is not protected from being liable...only under that one label which can be found no where.
I am aware of all this. Fact remains, the exact formula that makes up the Pfizer vaccine, under another name, has full FDA approval.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:

My stages were:

I'm happy for you that you fared very well after having Covid. Having said that, there are many reports of un-vaccinated people pleading for the vaccine just before they are intubated. Things didn't work out so well for them.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte1 View Post
only problem at this time is the side effects. You will be protected against all viruses, but the vaccine causes bald head, heavy beard, warts on nose, man boobs and sagging butt. But, you will never have to worry about ever catching a virus.
Women may or may not find an issue with the side effects......
lol.

Tags
stage, oxygen, hospital, vaccinated, blood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.