Do you think pro sports are dead?

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Pro basketball teams refuse to play in protest of a racial event. Right now, it's both basketball and baseball. Not sure what will happen when football season starts.

So, are you tired of the activism in pro sports? Have you stopped watching?

You have to admit... golf continues to "fly underneath the radar." I haven't seen anyone on the pro circuit wear a "BLM" shirt. In fact, none of the pro golf players are jumping into this controversy.

I love this. They are just playing the sport they love and we just get to watch it. Sigh...
They should be dead. Millions of people have lost their jobs. And these idiots get paid millions to play sports! Seriously!! Look what the nurses and doctors and now our police officers do. They all put their lives on the line and get paid squat! That is ridiculous! Priorities in this country suck more and more everyday. That is why we are where we are. And then these “athletes “ are kneeling to the flag and people still want to support that! Everyone has “survived” not watching sports, think people can survive longer.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:01 AM

TV NBA ratings are way down this year. Some of it has to do with the daytime games, but even the prime time ones have less than 4 million viewers. Many people just don't care anymore. The same is true for baseball. It will be interesting to see what happens when college and pro football start up.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:03 AM
Default Through With Sports !!!!!

These "Big Shot" multi-millionaires think they can do as they want without fear of being fired and accept the fines levied. If I protested Viet Nam, Attica or Kent University during my working days and didn't show up for work, I would have been fired.

In July there were Three White females and four White males killed by black males and you didn't read about or see about about these tragedies in the so-called National News. NO-ONE took a knee for these souls or burned down their neighborhoods in protest.

Well my Friends, if you see a golf cart around The Villages with signs on a cart with these names, it's me

Through with sports!
Old 08-28-2020, 07:04 AM

There is more to life than you watching sports.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:06 AM

Try surviving seven bullets in your back.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:15 AM
Default No Longer Interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
👎👎👎👎 no longer watch pro sports. I’m tired of hearing the thug millionaires talk about “oppression”.
We have not supported the NFL for a few years...College sports are more interesting and exciting to enjoy due to less "hotdogs" on the field. Now college sports are on hold due to COVID19 fears.
We do enjoy the comeback of televised golf tournaments each weekend.
No longer supporting MLB or NBA...The Kapernick influence killed it for us!
Old 08-28-2020, 07:19 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
Wow. This series of posts just brings the point that old white people don't have a clue. You are ok with a reality show host being President but black sports players can't peacefully protest against racial injustice?
au contraire, mon cher,,, no has posted players, etc, cannot protest &, as employees who belong to a labor union, they're well within their right to protest,,, no responder has mentioned race as a basis for ignoring these carjackers in shorts' future performances. responders who base arguments on race exhibit personal racism or perhaps self-imposed guilt but maybe that's just me

Last edited by stadry; 08-28-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

...in keeping with their "Cancel Culture" - I would suggest that ANY Pro Sports that honors postponement / cancellation / protesting of their games.... BE CANCELLED OUT. period. I would not even click on a channel that is showing these sports - thus inhancing the number of viewers supporting the advertisers and the mega $$$$$ these leagues receive in order to pay these primidonas their millions++++$$$$$$.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:37 AM

They suspended NHL hockey playoffs until Saturday bc of this BLM 👎🏻 so hockey was also affected.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:42 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

Who would want to watch any of the games now?
Old 08-28-2020, 07:47 AM
Default Activisim & pro sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Pro basketball teams refuse to play in protest of a racial event. Right now, it's both basketball and baseball. Not sure what will happen when football season starts.

So, are you tired of the activism in pro sports? Have you stopped watching?

You have to admit... golf continues to "fly underneath the radar." I haven't seen anyone on the pro circuit wear a "BLM" shirt. In fact, none of the pro golf players are jumping into this controversy.

I love this. They are just playing the sport they love and we just get to watch it. Sigh...

I stopped watching pro-football when the players would not stand for the national anthem. Where else can they make that kind of money for playing a game. Now I just think what would happen at my "regular job" had I refused to work because I was upset with something. I'm sick of the protests - do something constructive.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:54 AM

No more professional sports for me!!!
Old 08-28-2020, 07:54 AM

Not me!
Old 08-28-2020, 08:11 AM

If you “turn off” sports to protest the protestors you are exercising your first amendment right just like the players and other protestors.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:39 AM

Hope they go bankrupt. I will boycott for life the NBA, NFL and MLB.
Closed Thread

Tags
pro, love, golf, basketball, sports

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.