Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2020, 06:47 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,859 Times in 3,693 Posts
Default Ruth Bader Ginsburg

R i p
Old 09-18-2020, 06:54 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
R i p
Wow. No warning.
May she rest in peace.
I'm not thinking we'll see a replacement before Jan. 20. 2021.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Rbg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Wow. No warning.
May she rest in peace.
I'm not thinking we'll see a replacement before Jan. 20. 2021.
No warning? She was fighting a losing battle with cancer for years. Will not be surprised if the president nominates someone by Monday. It was reported last week, he was already reviewing potential nominees, which might mean insiders knew she was dying.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:13 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Monday would be good with me.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
No warning? She was fighting a losing battle with cancer for years. Will not be surprised if the president nominates someone by Monday. It was reported last week, he was already reviewing potential nominees, which might mean insiders knew she was dying.
I knew she had a lot of issues but she certainly rallied through them all. I didn't hear her situation was grave (which was my point).
Trust me... Trump can nominate anyone. It's never going to happen. After what Kavanaugh went through.... never going to happen. Trump could nominate Mother Theresa and it wouldn't happen.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,480 Times in 550 Posts

I was hoping she would hang on until November. If you read her bio, you would know how she met all challenges.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I knew she had a lot of issues but she certainly rallied through them all. I didn't hear her situation was grave (which was my point).
Trust me... Trump can nominate anyone. It's never going to happen. After what Kavanaugh went through.... never going to happen. Trump could nominate Mother Theresa and it wouldn't happen.
Regardless, it is going to be very ugly, just when we thought it could not get more contentious ! In less than an hour and her dying words to her grand daughter are already made public.... "My greatest wish is NOT to be replaced by this president". Such an accomplished woman, honest to HER beliefs no matter if you lean liberal or conservative, she was seemingly honest and no one can deny what she has done for equal opportunities for women while obviously a devoted spouse and mother. Who in this day admits when they made a mistake in a vote like she has said publicly on some issues. No one ! But, as sharp a mind as she had to the end, she certainly knew what her dying words would bring about, no doubt of that. This is going to be ugly, our poor country, our poor people, we all suffer no matter which way you lean !

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 09-18-2020 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-18-2020, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Regardless, it is going to be very ugly, just when we thought it could not get more contentious ! In less than an hour and her dying words to her grand daughter are already made public.... "My greatest wish is NOT to be replaced by this president". Such an accomplished woman, honest to HER beliefs no matter if you lean liberal or conservative, she was seemingly honest and no one can deny what she has done for equal opportunities for women while obviously a devoted spouse and mother. Who in this day admits when they made a mistake in a vote like she has said publicly on some issues. No one ! But, as sharp a mind as she had to the end, she certainly knew what her dying words would bring about, no doubt of that. This is going to be ugly, our poor country, our poor people, we all suffer no matter which way you lean !
May she Rest In Peace.

I was not a huge fan, and McConnel and Garland is all I can think of right now because of my embarrassment at the time, besides these quotes from Justice Ginsberg which I ran across.

"I'm a very strong believer in listening and learning from others."

Plus her advice, all good, on marriage...

"In the course of a marriage, one accommodates the other"

"In every good marriage, it helps sometimes to be a little deaf."

RIP

And do. not be concerned by her words...."he" will not be issuing a cannonization speech....she represented the blue guys who make us look bad
Old 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Well... she will get her wish if the current person in office isn't elected for a 2nd term. There is 0 chance it will happen in his current term. Just like it didn't happen in the last administration. Too close to an election.
now... if the current guy gets back in. Ruth isn't going to be happy.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,354 Times in 2,075 Posts

She was a great lady. May she R.I.P. and/or visit with the likes of Mark Twain, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr; Socrates; Jesus; Martin Luther King, Jr.; JFK., and the like. Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. - Wikipedia.

Heaven forbid she hooks up with Ronald Reagan!
Old 09-18-2020, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Well... she will get her wish if the current person in office isn't elected for a 2nd term. There is 0 chance it will happen in his current term. Just like it didn't happen in the last administration. Too close to an election.
now... if the current guy gets back in. Ruth isn't going to be happy.
"Senate Republicans have promised to try to fill the vacancy even in the waning days of his first term. The confirmation battle, in the middle of a pandemic and a presidential election, is sure to be titanic."

"In 2016, Senate Republicans refused to consider President Barack Obama’s nomination of Judge Merrick B. Garland, saying that holding hearings in the last year of a president’s term would deprive voters of a role in the process."

----------------------

"With the election less than two month away, McConnell said the Senate would act to fill the vacancy, even though he spent most of 2016 denying a confirmation hearing to President Barack Obama’s pick to fill a vacancy on the high court."

McConnell Vows Quick Vote on Trump Pick to Fill Ginsburg Seat
Old 09-18-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,271 Times in 5,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
"Senate Republicans have promised to try to fill the vacancy even in the waning days of his first term. The confirmation battle, in the middle of a pandemic and a presidential election, is sure to be titanic."

"In 2016, Senate Republicans refused to consider President Barack Obama’s nomination of Judge Merrick B. Garland, saying that holding hearings in the last year of a president’s term would deprive voters of a role in the process."

----------------------

"With the election less than two month away, McConnell said the Senate would act to fill the vacancy, even though he spent most of 2016 denying a confirmation hearing to President Barack Obama’s pick to fill a vacancy on the high court."

McConnell Vows Quick Vote on Trump Pick to Fill Ginsburg Seat
Be interesting to see how this plays out. She was a fighter that is for sure.

Her body was falling apart but she was still sharp.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,769 Posts

I have no words right now. It just hurts.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,241 Times in 2,820 Posts

Just when you thought things couldn't get uglier! When the hell is 2020 going to be over?
Old 09-18-2020, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Isn't this the time to say RIP if you wish? Isn't it also the time to say NOTHING if you don't have something nice to say? The woman just died hours ago. Respect the timing a little. Nobody will ever know how I fell about her. I'm sorry she suffered and I'm sorry she passed. Some posts are just shameful. Pick 'Em!
Closed Thread

Tags
ruth, ginsburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.