Scottie Scheffler arrested.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:50 AM
Default Golfer

Don't understand why you felt the need to post this. It was all over the TV non stop yesterday!! Guess you like controversy.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,204 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etpjay960 View Post
As a retired first responder who worked in Highway Incident Management along side State Police, If we have the roadway shut down for investigation of a fatal accident then it's shut down period. If you go around the barricades or don't listen to LEO on scene then you deserve whatever happens to you !!! I've seen this happen where first responders, law enforcement , fireman have been hit or killed, I was hit 3 times in 20 years because people feel entitled ..."I don't have time for this I have to get to work !! do you know who I am" or I just wanted to get a picture, The best is I didn't see the lights !!!
Perhaps consider reading the facts, before opining on what may or may not have happened?

Sheffler was driving a properly marked and identified PGA Tour Contestant Courtesy Car (with door and windshield placards), which authorized passage through the area.

& Scottie Scheffler doesn't need to "act entitled" ... he is entitled. Without the players, there is no PGA Tournament. HE is #1 among the 155 stars of the show.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Perhaps consider reading the facts, before opining on what may or may not have happened?

Sheffler was driving a properly marked and identified PGA Tour Contestant Courtesy Car (with door and windshield placards), which authorized passage through the area.

& Scottie Scheffler doesn't need to "act entitled" ... he is entitled. Without the players, there is no PGA Tournament. HE is #1 among the 155 stars of the show.
I betcha he didn't act entitled. I betcha he didn't resist. I betcha he didn't understand and tried to go around. My belief is in that fine young man.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsouthworth47@yahoo.com View Post
Don't understand why you felt the need to post this. It was all over the TV non stop yesterday!! Guess you like controversy.
The thread started 24 hours ago......not all over the networks.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
This is how Texans are.......when push comes to shove......it's all about me!!!!!

Fame and fortune may get him off............as we have learned in our society that it does.

A kid stealing a Twinkie there would have never made his tee time.........

Life as we know it!!!!!!!!!!
Oh buddy. Now you've done it. Apparently you don't know the Texans I know. Scottie Schefflers fame and fortune are not all there is to know about him. He is a nice man with a nice family and has a lot of good stuff that almost everyone who follows golf knows about him. It is my experience that both golfers and police officers are to be looked up to. Someone misinterpreted something here and the truth will out. and remember this. There is a sign in my husbands office; Golf is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that. I believe in the Good of Scottie Scheffler. I believe in his parents. His dad was a stay at home dad and his mom was and IS the CEO of a law firm. Scott and his wife gave birth their first child a little boy ten days ago. That in itself would give folks the jitters but he went on to shoot a 66. Wow. Just Wow. All About Scottie Scheffler’s Parents, Scott and Diane Scheffler
Old 05-18-2024, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
My "favorite" charge is "third degree criminal mischief".

Pretty serious stuff!

Key word “charged” don’t mean it will stick.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

All these people claiming the golfer should be let off all charges should be ashamed of themselves and should read the facts before opening mouth. I don’t care who somebody is, if they disobey the law, hurt a police officer when they are working on a fatal accident themselves, they should be prosecuted. No sports person is above the law. This guy should have gotten out of his car and walked around the accident like other golfers did.
If it was me, and I knew he injured a police officer by breaking the law, he would have been put in jail and would have sat there until he was arraigned.
Old 05-18-2024, 11:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
All these people claiming the golfer should be let off all charges should be ashamed of themselves and should read the facts before opening mouth. I don’t care who somebody is, if they disobey the law, hurt a police officer when they are working on a fatal accident themselves, they should be prosecuted. No sports person is above the law. This guy should have gotten out of his car and walked around the accident like other golfers did.
If it was me, and I knew he injured a police officer by breaking the law, he would have been put in jail and would have sat there until he was arraigned.
Anyone who assesses blame, without any knowledge of the facts, should be ashamed of themselves.

From all accounts, the "injury" the officer supposedly sustained, was a "scrape". Secondly, there's not a whit of evidence that Scheffler knew anyone was injured. Thirdly, the Police Dept has admitted that Scheffler's vehicle was authorized to enter and there's no reason he "should have gotten out of his car and walked".

If it wasn't for Scheffler and his fellow competitors, there would be no PGA Championship and the officer would have been home having coffee, not working extra shifts in support of the tournament.
Old 05-18-2024, 01:17 PM

Even Nice, very nice people can do something stupid............the law is the law, unless you are above the law.........and as we are seeing there are people above the law..........sad, very sad.........who you are is not written into the laws..what you do is...........but thats not our reality......
Old 05-18-2024, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Latest update.

Officer involved in incident that led to Scottie Scheffler’s arrest ‘did not have body cam footage turned on’ - Yahoo Sports

Note the "alleged" injuries to the officer.

Pants teared beyond repair and he allegedly suffered pain to his left wrist and knee and was taken to the hospital.

Little kids sustain injuries like this falling off bikes and don't get taken to the hospital. But when a millionaire golfer is allegedly at fault the quick cash ideas come into play.

Next comes inability to work, wage loss, permanent disability and PTSD followed by a 500K demand.

Seen it many times before.
Old 05-18-2024, 01:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

... in violation of Louisville Police Department regulations.
Old 05-18-2024, 01:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,148 Times in 574 Posts
Default Poor Choices

And Scheffler is doing very badly today with his last double bogey. It likely is a result of poor club choices. Just like yesterday, he should have used his Driver.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-18-2024, 04:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
And Scheffler is doing very badly today with his last double bogey. It likely is a result of poor club choices. Just like yesterday, he should have used his Driver.
Yeah, but Shane Lowry is proving once again, going to a gym and refraining from drinking, isn't what it's cracked up to be.

(Scottie has a "stand in" caddie today. His regular caddie (Ted Scott) is probably the best caddie in the world, but he's at his son's high school graduation today.)
Old 05-18-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
My Opin.....................Scottie should not of, Cop was overzealous.

Work out a deal.
It’ll get dismissed as a misunderstanding and die a quiet death
Old 05-18-2024, 05:18 PM
Gold member

What we have here.....is a failure to communicate!

Tags
scheffler, arrested, charged, louisville, officer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.