The CDC, Believe Them Or Not?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2020, 04:47 AM
Default The CDC, Believe Them Or Not?

The CDC silently updated their numbers this week to show that only 6% of all coronavirus deaths were completely due to the coronavirus alone. The rest of the deaths pinned to the coronavirus are attributed to individuals who had other serious issues going on.

See here, page 2 of 2, bottom right of the Microsoft Power BI generated chart.

Or, read this article.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,431 Posts

I read this elsewhere over the weekend and not sure what to believe.

Seems to me that when people have a weakened immune system due to other factors and than catch the virus and pass away the virus is responsible for their death.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:19 AM

CDC has a new report that calls into question the whole basis for the COVID pandemic/panic strategies and control mechanisms that have been implemented. It's time to consider if the "experts" really knew enough to tell us what to do and also, was this illness more of a question of power politics than public health? Have we been conned by those who seek greater control, not greater safety?

The CDC report lists 8 serious health problems/conditions that make COVID more lethal, especially if you have 2 or more of them:
Cancer
Chronic Kidney Disease
COPD
Immunocompromised state from organ transplant
Obesity (BMI 30 or higher)
Serious heart condition
Sickle cell disease
Type 2 diabetes
Patients with these conditions account for 94% of deaths. Was Covid a factor: most likely, I would think. Did it kill them? Not on its own, it didn't.
So questions arise from this: are lockdowns of people who do not have these conditions justified?

Should the young, the healthy (of any age) who are not suffering from these conditions be kept from schools, restaurants, sporting events, cruises, airline flights, dancing in the squares, taking bus trips together, assembling in church, etc? If they should kept away, why? After all, if they contract the illness, they are very, very unlikely to die from it and may have only a mild case.

Now there are those who have a political interest in keeping everything locked down and forcing everyone to vote by mail. For everyone else, consider these two events:

Memorial Day weekend. Lake of the Ozarks. Hundreds of thousands of people came to the Ozarks. Lots of young folks at the lakes, in pools, unmasked, partying. Camden county at center of it. Fauci warned of danger. Predictions of thousands of infections and spreaders taking them back to the states they came from. Media and "experts" outraged, wringing hands, predicting death and misery. Result: perhaps one or two cases. No thousands of infections. No spreading of disease. Why? Outdoors for a lot of it, folks were young and healthy and it is was a bust for the doomsayers.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...covid-19-cases

Second case. Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota. Over 460,000 motorcyclists came through town August 7-16. Once again, the "experts" warned of massive infections, spread throughout the upper Midwest afterwards. Should have been cancelled, they said. It's extremely reckless to bring that many people together, especially since that is a group that will not take kindly to mask Nazi's haranguing them about not wearing protective gear.
Result? A couple of dozen cases.

COVID cases linked to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally traced to three states

So I think we need less fear and more confidence. Enjoy life!!!
Old 08-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,794 Times in 1,388 Posts

After 6 months (or more) all the smartest people/organizations that affect or influence our daily lives have not agreed upon how to measure the virus.

I believe we are witnessing the effect of political and special interest agendas effects on America.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,333 Times in 873 Posts

We believe, and search for internet experts, that meet our beliefs and agendas. If you believe it's political than nothing will change your mind, if you believe the CDC then nothing will change your minds. You are responsible for you and if you wear a mask, then you are taking some responsibility for your family, friends and neighbors and that is appreciated.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-31-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,063 Times in 1,767 Posts

Since it was impossible to sell the idea that we test too much to most people, the new “discovery” is that the Covid tests are too sensitive:

“On Thursday, the United States recorded 45,604 new coronavirus cases, according to a database maintained by The Times. If the rates of contagiousness in Massachusetts and New York were to apply nationwide, then perhaps only 4,500 of those people may actually need to isolate and submit to contact tracing.

One solution would be to adjust the cycle threshold used to decide that a patient is infected. Most tests set the limit at 40, a few at 37. This means that you are positive for the coronavirus if the test process required up to 40 cycles, or 37, to detect the virus.” Honolulu Star Advertiser

So that 17,000 cases we had in Florida a little while ago was probably only 1,700 if we look at it this new way.

I’m betting by October we should be approaching 0 by definition, whether or not we have a vaccine.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We believe, and search for internet experts, that meet our beliefs and agendas. If you believe it's political than nothing will change your mind, if you believe the CDC then nothing will change your minds. You are responsible for you and if you wear a mask, then you are taking some responsibility for your family, friends and neighbors and that is appreciated.
Used to be you could simply trust the United States Government.

How time flies
Old 08-31-2020, 08:34 PM
Sage

Don’t trust CDC, WHO......totally lost credibility. It’s a political Chess game now and we are the pawns.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:05 PM

I read the CDC report, 180,000 deaths shut down the economy, but actually it was 9,000 deaths. Someone has a lot of explaining to do. A side note here, Dr. Deborah Brix, the scarf lady said “if you die with COVID 19 it is counted as a COVID 19 death”.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,647 Times in 3,164 Posts

I trust that the CDC is trying to convey facts to the country. I also trust that sometimes the CDC is wrong. I also trust that sometimes the CDC finds new updated information that supersedes previously-reported information. I also trust that sometimes, the CDC will leave out information that they know to be true, but that they will not intentionally "make up" information that is categorically untrue.

In short, I "trust" the CDC, but I also compare with the statements by doctors they claim to be using for their sources of data, to make sure there aren't any contradictions.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,477 Times in 2,556 Posts

From the beginning it was stated that over 95% of people who had Covid would recover, or would not even know they had it.
The elderly and those with underlying conditions were the ones most at risk.
Whatever the criteria for recording 'death from Covid' the total numbers of deaths of people in USA with, or from Covid, is still over 180,000.
So using the argument from the latest method of massaging the figures, that under 10% of deaths were from the actual virus, the 90% who died with Covid, as apposed to from it, would still be alive if they had not caught the virus.
So whichever way you try to 'cook the books' they are Covid victims, and should count as deaths due to the virus, 180,000+
Old 09-01-2020, 05:45 AM

So whichever way you try to 'cook the books' they are Covid victims, and should count as deaths due to the virus, 180,000+

I'm not trying to cook the books; rather, I posted a CDC reference to illustrate that the actual deaths due to Covid may be reported inaccurately.

If so, why?
Old 09-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,134 Times in 1,357 Posts

It is hard to believe anybody.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,477 Times in 2,556 Posts

I'm not trying to cook the books; rather, I posted a CDC reference to illustrate that the actual deaths due to Covid may be reported inaccurately.

If so, why?
________

I was not suggesting you personaly were cooking the books.

I think the answer is, it's election year, and each side of the political divide is trying to make the numbers come out to suit an agenda.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,647 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post

If so, why?
________

I was not suggesting you personaly were cooking the books.

I think the answer is, it's election year, and each side of the political divide is trying to make the numbers come out to suit an agenda.
The CDC is not a political organization. It is not supposed to have a side. If you read reports ABOUT the CDC's reports and data, then sure - you'll absolutely see bias, information cherry-picked to suit an agenda.

But if you go to the CDC website and look at the actual data itself, there should be zero bias. It should represent facts. As many as possible and wherever an estimate or interpretation is made, it should be clearly stated as such.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, cdc, deaths, power, article

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.