Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Unhappy Patti

Hi Patti,

Sorry to report but my ditto key was not stuck, nor any other key that I am aware of.

I just have a magnetic personality that allows the computer to do what it wants, when it wants and how it wants to do it.

I am as you can guess, at the hands of my computer.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Vicar of Dibley ... There is an option to edit or delete your posts.

Vicar ... You are a hoot and a crazy woman!! Should I blow your cover and say the name of your previous incarnation?

Love Bare

I agree, Bare... She is a crazy woman!! Let's blow her cover!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Default Barefoot the Teckie Whiz

Hi,

I thought if I hit either button I would lose the post, so I did not hit either one of them.

What do I do after I post a post, then decide to edit it? I know I hit the edit key, but what do I do after that?

Just sign me the Genius of Teckie non Technology.

I must admit I did feel proud of myself that I was able to figure out how to post, much less post it twice.

As for my past, people here know I am a sweet, shy, warm, wallflower person. I think I would like to keep it that way.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICAR OF DIBLEY View Post
Hi,

I thought if I hit either button I would lose the post, so I did not hit either one of them.

What do I do after I post a post, then decide to edit it? I know I hit the edit key, but what do I do after that?

I must admit I did feel proud of myself that I was able to figure out how to post, much less post it twice.

As for my past, people here know I am a sweet, shy, warm, wallflower person. I think I would like to keep it that way.

Hit the save button>

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 PM

I have visited the same salon for 20 years. My hair stylist is the best and I have always gotten compliments on my hair. Total strangers have stopped to ask who does my hair. The salon often does makeovers on television and does hair and makeup for several television shows. My hair stylist says I can't move because nobody in Florida can do hair.
How do you find a really good hair stylist? Other than flying back every 5 weeks, I don't know of a solution to this problem.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginmato View Post
I have visited the same salon for 20 years. My hair stylist is the best and I have always gotten compliments on my hair. Total strangers have stopped to ask who does my hair. The salon often does makeovers on television and does hair and makeup for several television shows. My hair stylist says I can't move because nobody in Florida can do hair.
How do you find a really good hair stylist? Other than flying back every 5 weeks, I don't know of a solution to this problem.
You are so lucky to have had such good luck with the same salon for 20 years. I think your hair stylist is correct, you can't move to Florida. Or you can move for the great lifestyle and buy a cute wig. When I see someone with great hair, I always ask where they have it cut. If you look back in this thread, there have been a lot of different stylists suggested.

I've used many different stylists in Florida. Just when I think I've found a crackerjack colorist, and take a picture to show exactly what I want, I end up looking like Molly Carrot Top, and the search resumes. I've used Urban Hair, Root 66 (several different stylists), Color Me, Victoria Hair, and many others. I even tried The Beauty College once where they mistakenly died my hair jet black and then said they didn't know how to fix it. I haven't tried Cal's Barber Shops yet, some people have really good luck there. I'm sure it depends on the stylist.

It's kind of like picking a husband. You date a lot of different types, and finally you finally find the man who is perfect for you. Or perhaps he is perfect for a while and then things change. It's such a personal thing. I think we all have to just keep experimenting until we find perfection!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Sage

This is for women who think that their husbands never really listen to them.

It's Not About the Nail on Vimeo
Old 06-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Read this thread for the first time this morning - and without a doubt it is the best "stuff" on this chat line. I recently pm'd the female Chairman of the Board and told her I was done with this chat line due to the argumentative and just plain nasty turn this chat line has taken in very recent months. This thread gives me new hope that there are some really decent, unantagonistic and non-argumentative people still hanging around!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICAR OF DIBLEY View Post
Hi,

Love your "handle". I have the whole boxed set and still get to see reruns of her shows on Saturday night - she is the funniest and nicest comedienne on TV, just wish we had more of her "stuff" over here. I recently saw Trevor Peacock in the movie "Quartet" (which I saw three times), I had no idea he had written and been involved with the musical theater - we live and learn if we use the computer to it's fullest extent.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post

And I have a question too. Up north, urologists did operations to repair bladders, not ob-gyns. I've been told down here (Florida) that gynecologists do the surgery, not urologists.
I'm confused. Any ideas which way to go?
I'm real late finding this great site so you may have already had loads of information on the bladder lift. Unfortunately I know far too much about that subject, but what you need now in Florida, and maybe elsewhere, is a Uro-Gyno. I have one at Mayo in Jacksonville, but there are two women here now who are both Uro-Gynos. If you need this info let me know, I have it somewhere.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Default Redken Chromatics

Find a salon that uses the new Redken product, Chromatics. Great coverage!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Default Aveda

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmanp View Post
The only hair color that does not bring my hair brassy (red) is Aveda. I need to travel to Ocala or Mt. Dora. Yes, it is expensive but beats the alternative. When will Aveda put a salon in TV?
I also love Aveda and wish they would build here!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Sage

A girlfriend sent me this in an email, and I just wanted to share it with my TOTV friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIRLFRIENDS

In an evening class at Stanford University the last lecture was on the mind-body connection - the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker (head of psychiatry at Stanford) said, among other things, that one of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman. Whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health was to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends. At first everyone laughed, but he was serious.

Women connect with each other differently and provide support systems that help each other to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Physically this quality “girlfriend time" helps is to create more serotonin - a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and can create a general feeling of well-being. Women share feelings whereas men often form relationships around activities. We share from our souls with our sisters/mothers, and evidently that is very GOOD for our health.

He said that spending time with a friend is just as important to our general health as jogging or working out at a gym. There's a tendency to think that when we are "exercising" we are doing something good for our bodies, but when we are hanging out with friends, we are wasting our time and should be more productively engaged—not true. In fact, he said that failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking!

So every time you hang out to schmooze with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health! We are indeed very, very lucky. Let's toast to our friendship with our girlfriends. Evidently it's very good for our health.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Sage

Well I guess I should make sure I get over to Mahjong tonight!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Well I guess I should make sure I get over to Mahjong tonight!
I remember when I first started learning Mahjong, we played every Tuesday afternoon. For the first year I always got a Mahjong headache every Tuesday because I had to concentrate so hard. Now I just relax and play a lousy game, and occasionally win by pure luck and lots of jokers.

I'm not sure that Mahjong is quite as satisfying as a gabfest with wine!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.