The Thread About NOTHING

Old 10-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
The time change means NOTHING to me anymore. It used to be the thing that would depress me the most in the fall and the thing I counted the days to in the spring. Now I don't care anymore since I no longer have to face darkness at 4:30 in the afternoon.
Yeah, Sun up at 8:00 and sundown at 4:30 is no fun. Can't imagine living in Alaska this time of year. Makes for NOTHING but good sleeping weather though..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We get NOTHING but an extra hour of sleep this weekend..
Thanks for the reminder. NOTHING but here as well. I especially like it when it falls on a work weekend.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:22 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Yeah, Sun up at 8:00 and sundown at 4:30 is no fun. Can't imagine living in Alaska this time of year. Makes for NOTHING but good sleeping weather though..
I couldn't live in Alaska, I would be NOTHING but suicidal. I didn't even like New England except for 4 months a year. I love Florida and feel it is where I belong.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
I couldn't live in Alaska, I would be NOTHING but suicidal. I didn't even like New England except for 4 months a year. I love Florida and feel it is where I belong.
Been in Florida for 22 1/3 years or so. Since June of 1996. Moved from a place about 30 miles east of Bodega Bay and 15 miles south of Santa Rosa, CA. Used to be movie production trailers 300 feet out our backdoor as what was then the Red Lion Inn had some kind of deal with Hollywood producers or some such people for movie trailer parking rates and hotel rates. And the townsfolk were sort of discrete about Hollywood's presence. https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...-DT/index.html

I did have some surreal talks when out walking our pooch around the Mountain Shadows Golf Course or whatever they called it from 1986-1996. Foxtail Golf Club - Rohnert Park, CA

Except for the flying cockroaches and other loathsome critters on various legs, life has been NOTHING but good. And only some trips to Texas and/or Washington DC have broken that up.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:11 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Been in Florida for 22 1/3 years or so. Since June of 1996. Moved from a place about 30 miles east of Bodega Bay and 15 miles south of Santa Rosa, CA. Used to be movie production trailers 300 feet out our backdoor as what was then the Red Lion Inn had some kind of deal with Hollywood producers or some such people for movie trailer parking rates and hotel rates. And the townsfolk were sort of discrete about Hollywood's presence. https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...-DT/index.html

I did have some surreal talks when out walking our pooch around the Mountain Shadows Golf Course or whatever they called it from 1986-1996. Foxtail Golf Club - Rohnert Park, CA

Except for the flying cockroaches and other loathsome critters on various legs, life has been NOTHING but good. And only some trips to Texas and/or Washington DC have broken that up.
I am wanting to take a trip up to Washington. I love the Building Museum Home of the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. and have not been there for decades. Sometime next year I am NOTHING but going to plan a trip.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am wanting to take a trip up to Washington. I love the Building Museum Home of the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. and have not been there for decades. Sometime next year I am NOTHING but going to plan a trip.
We took the train from Seattle to DC. Stopped in Chicago for 3 days including St. Patrick's day. Then spent a week in DC seeing the sights, then flew home. It was NOTHING short of a spectacular trip.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Sage

It's about time you slackers posted something today.

Funny thing about DC, I was just looking at some info yesterday and thinking hubby and I should NOTHING but make a trip down again while we're still up here. Last time I went was about 5 years ago when our friends from France were here to visit. So much to do and see there.......
Old 10-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
It's about time you slackers posted something today.

Funny thing about DC, I was just looking at some info yesterday and thinking hubby and I should NOTHING but make a trip down again while we're still up here. Last time I went was about 5 years ago when our friends from France were here to visit. So much to do and see there.......
I didn't see you breaking any posting records here on NOTHING, Missy. .

Old 10-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
I didn't see you breaking any posting records here on NOTHING, Missy. .
I'm just getting out of work and you can see the first thing I'm doing - NOTHING. So don't go shaking your finger at me - lol
Old 10-29-2018, 06:02 PM
fw102807

Quote:
We took the train from Seattle to DC. Stopped in Chicago for 3 days including St. Patrick's day. Then spent a week in DC seeing the sights, then flew home. It was NOTHING short of a spectacular trip.
That sounds NOTHING but amazing. I would love to do something like that.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
I could have spent a month on the various Smithsonian museums in DC and not for NOTHING.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:21 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I could have spent a month on the various Smithsonian museums in DC and not for NOTHING.
Yes the Smithsonians are NOTHING but fabulous also. My husband loved the Air and Space Museum.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
We planned the trip way in advance. We got in touch with our Congress critter and secured tickets for the White House and the Capital. We went to our Senators office where an intern took us on the underground Capital subway. Then he gave us a private tour of the Capital building. It was NOTHING short awe inspiring.. And I'm sure Tal will appreciate this. The most beautiful building I've ever been in is probably the Library of Congress. Truly stunning.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
We planned the trip way in advance. We got in touch with our Congress critter and secured tickets for the White House and the Capital. We went to our Senators office where an intern took us on the underground Capital subway. Then he gave us a private tour of the Capital building. It was NOTHING short awe inspiring.. And I'm sure Tal will appreciate this. The most beautiful building I've ever been in is probably the Library of Congress. Truly stunning.
You and Mrs K have really gone on some amazing trips. It is NOTHING but fun to hear about them.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes the Smithsonians are NOTHING but fabulous also. My husband loved the Air and Space Museum.
We actually made it to nine of the Smithsonian museums.

We went to the Holocaust museum and Arlington National Cemetery in the same day. That was tough.

We did a guided walking tour of the Mall stopping at each memorial. Plus the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

Also went to the Supreme Court, National Archives, Library of Congress, The Capital, The White house and the Spy Museum.

I'm sure there were others. It was NOTHING but a full trip. I'd love to do it again.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.