What is the craziest thing you remember doing as a kid...................

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Default Re: What is the craziest thing you remember doing as a kid...................

A bunch of us teens were squashed into a car and we decided to start tickling everyone in the car including the driver. He (the teen driver) lost control of the car. We ran off the road over a fence and into a field near a creek. We missed hitting a tree, and didn't flip over. We were very lucky no one was hurt, and we were able to get the car back on the road. There were no seat belts back then. But there were lots of crazy daredevils weren't there!! We didn't really think about consequences!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Gold member
Default Re: What is the craziest thing you remember doing as a kid...................

Nonie, I'm crushed! Of course I posted; look back through the thread!!! (And we'll be seeing you in a few days and looking forward!)
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Sage

Sidney,

omg, omg, omg, another senior moment :redface:

Yes you did, and it was quite an exciting one at that, we really laughed at that one and I remember engr guy saying wooooooow! That was dangerous!

Wow! We will have to make it up to you this weekend, do you like surf & turf?

LOL Yea right! I can hardly boil water!! LOL LOL LOL Sorry Sid :bow: :bow: :bow:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Taltarzac

The men posting on this thread seemed to like climbing various things.

I have a scar on my right thumb from another crazy thing I did.

There is a steep hill near a golf course in Reno, Nevada. There's a barb wired fence that seperates the golf course from the steep hill. The barb wire fence is at the bottom of this 20 feet hill.

My friends got the bright idea of riding our bikes down the steep hill and turning so that we would miss the barbed wire fence. Well, I did not turn in time and wound up in the barbed wire fence.

Think I did this when I was around 12 or 13.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage

OH Tal,

We are so happy it was just your thumb!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
OH Tal,

We are so happy it was just your thumb!!!!
Me too. :bigthumbsup: ;D

Had a friend who found a pistol out my Rattlesnake Mountain in Reno, Nevada. He loaded it and fired it. The result was a backfire. Fortunately for him, he only got various sharpnel fragments in his hand. This is more an incredibly stupid thing to do than crazy.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Dancing Thyme

Nonie, this is not the craziest but certainly the most stupid:

I was always teased by my Italian family, that I was the most Irish looking kid in our family. Auburn hair and millions of freckles. So one day, I decided to try to count my freckles but it was too easy to lose count. So what did I do??? Idiot, decided to put tincture merthiolate on each freckle as I counted it. If anybody knows that stuff, its like iodine and is impossible to get the stain off your skin. It was okay on my arms, but when I did it on my face, that was absolutely stupid! Scrubbed and scrubbed and couldn't get it off, hundreds of red dots everywhere on my face. I should be embarrassed to have admitted this story.

Not too bright, Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM

After coming in from outside I was really dirty. My mother sent me to clean up and when I finished, she wasn't satisfied that I was clean enough. She sent me back to the bathroom and said, "this time use some elbow grease". I went through every drawer and cabinet in that bathroom and finally told my mother, "I can't find any elbow grease".
Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Sage

Wet my finger and stuck it in an electric socket to see if everything the "grownups" were telling me was true! They were right, :yikes: always listen to your elders. :

Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkstop
When I was a little kid there were some interesting things that I did. One of the things that I remember the best was that I would go trick or treating, but you would think I would ask for candy right? Wrong...I would ask if i could use their vacuum cleaner.
Walkstop, funny post. I definitely want to know why you would ask to use their vacuum cleaner.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Gold member

Forget the surf & turf, Nonie! Looking forward to good company and sharing crazy moments....
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Sage

Bare, Kathie,

I must confess, Walkstop is my teenage grandson who I bribed to post under my crazy topic. When he was a tot he had an insatiable curiosity about vacuum cleaners and wanted to examine and try out everyones!

He is normally not allowed in this forum but my topic was dragging a little. Hey it worked, got everyones curiosity up! :bigthumbsup:

Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

:bigthumbsup: Nonie

Your grandson got my brain churning...kept thinking and thinking what on earth he meant by the vacuum cleaner...lol

As you can imagine, my imagination went wild! 1rnfl
Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
mcelheny

Nomie,
Your grandson is welcome at my house. Not only can he see it-he can use it. :-* ;D
Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Sage

Unforunately he is putting his energy into other things these days. His vacuume cleaner days are over. :

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.