Coronavirus

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Chinese were developing a new biological warfare weapon that somehow they lost control over such as a worker that was lax and let the virus out. Along with developing a new weapon they probably have a anti viral fix for this virus but won't expose it as this would be proof that they are responsible for developing this weapon.
I think there's merit to this view and it's too facile to dismiss it as a "conspiracy" theroy etc. About two weeks ago I saw a spectral analysis of the virus that indicates human-engineering was likely involved. I don't think the Chinese deliberately unleashed it but was more likely a procedural failure. They certainly have bio-weapons under development. The US, by treaty, is prohibited from doing that.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The Chi-Coms operate two biological weapons labs in the area where it broke out. They allege meat from a local illegal wild game market was the source. They even eat bats along with cats and dogs over there. Anyway, in the past lab workers have been caught by the government stealing and selling, to the tune of over $1.5M US, lab animals and even meat from animals which had been given disease from manufactured viruses. Expert: Chinese Scientists Sell Lab Animals as Meat on the Black Market

Report Suggests That Details Point To Coronavirus Coming From Chinese Lab | The Daily Wire

Mystery surrounds ouster of Chinese researchers from Canadian laboratory | Science | AAAS

I don't trust the official line on what goes on in China.
I respectfully do not buy this, and if true, I am terrified.

First, we are constantly told how great a guy Xi is and how great our relationship is with him and his country.

Secondly, despite our weakened and lack of leadership intelligence agency, I would hope (pray) we would be aware of something amiss.

If so, our government is complicit, if only by ignorance.

The Guardian presented a scenario to support your suspicions, but I, at this point see no validity..see link below.

Xi Jinping has buried the truth about coronavirus | Ma Jian | Opinion | The Guardian

They did have a "whistleblower" in China who, at least prevented it being kept quiet any longer. But in a state where there is such an authority figure surrounded by only those who must agree, anything is possible.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

I don't apply any respect at all to this statement: I don't buy it. Period, full stop.

The source of two of those links is breitbart. There is nothing credible about anything written, posted, streamed, taped, or referenced on that website. It is an alt-right conspiracy website and is equal, in my opinion, to Ed Anger columns in the Weekly World News from the 1980s.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't apply any respect at all to this statement: I don't buy it. Period, full stop.

The source of two of those links is breitbart. There is nothing credible about anything written, posted, streamed, taped, or referenced on that website. It is an alt-right conspiracy website and is equal, in my opinion, to Ed Anger columns in the Weekly World News from the 1980s.
I agree with you, but always and continually being accused of various nefarious activities on here, I have decided to simply prove my points with facts. Some things, as defined by my writings on Mandela affect, are just too far out to even respond. This virus story, and let me say...I sincerely hope it is just a simple flu to be gone soon...this story has the makings of conspiracies galore.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

First, we are constantly told how great a guy Xi is and how great our relationship is with him and his country.

Secondly, despite our weakened and lack of leadership intelligence agency, I would hope (pray) we would be aware of something amiss.

If so, our government is complicit, if only by ignorance.

The Guardian presented a scenario to support your suspicions, but I, at this point see no validity..see link below.

Xi Jinping has buried the truth about coronavirus | Ma Jian | Opinion | The Guardian

They did have a "whistleblower" in China who, at least prevented it being kept quiet any longer. But in a state where there is such an authority figure surrounded by only those who must agree, anything is possible.
Descriptions of Xi as a great guy are done in the context of not needlessly angering the guy you're negotiating with ... not many take it literally nor of validation of his character etc. He's a communist dictator who's quiet but brutal when need be.

We have many great intel sources & capabilities, but China is called a "Hard Target" for a reason. There's also the reality that, if we do have evidence of the bio-weaponinzing , it will be highly classified. One reason would be to protect our sources, while another would be to prevent panic in the populace. It's is very scary to think that weapons like that exist ... the only real protection is to deter them with superior might be it military or otherwise.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:45 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I find it interesting the young, healthy Chinese doctor whistler blower "died of the virus" according to the official Chi-Com party line. Yeah, sure. Retribution anyone?

Li Wenliang: Coronavirus kills Chinese whistleblower doctor - BBC News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-28-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

It sounds to me like the "whistleblower" was not a whistleblower of some grand political conspiracy at all. He tried to warn people that there was a deadly virus going around. The government behaved exactly the same way as what we're seeing in the USA, presently - authorities claiming that it's not a big deal, it's being contained, it's a hoax, etc. etc.

My guess is they didn't know a damned thing, and didn't want the populace to find out something that they themselves knew nothing about yet. It's hard to prevent panic when you aren't prepared with useful information.

That doesn't mean anyone intentionally created a virus to use as a weapon. It just means an ignorant government was ignorant.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It sounds to me like the "whistleblower" was not a whistleblower of some grand political conspiracy at all. He tried to warn people that there was a deadly virus going around. The government behaved exactly the same way as what we're seeing in the USA, presently - authorities claiming that it's not a big deal, it's being contained, it's a hoax, etc. etc.

My guess is they didn't know a damned thing, and didn't want the populace to find out something that they themselves knew nothing about yet. It's hard to prevent panic when you aren't prepared with useful information.

That doesn't mean anyone intentionally created a virus to use as a weapon. It just means an ignorant government was ignorant.
"The government behaved exactly the same way as what we're seeing in the USA" ... IMO, that's a grotesque false equivalency. If our government ever starts shooting or killing whistelblowers, then it might pertain.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't think there was a conspiracy or that the Corona Virus was altered and set loose.

I don't think Breitbart is any different than Mother Jones.

I think we need to stay calm and wash our hands and hope for the best and hope spring comes and makes this virus less prevalent and gives the world scientists more time to find something to oppose it.

We are all gonna die. Most of us a lot sooner than later. If it hits, stay home. Stock up on food and a few jugs of good old bleach.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I think there's merit to this view and it's too facile to dismiss it as a "conspiracy" theroy etc. About two weeks ago I saw a spectral analysis of the virus that indicates human-engineering was likely involved. I don't think the Chinese deliberately unleashed it but was more likely a procedural failure. They certainly have bio-weapons under development. The US, by treaty, is prohibited from doing that.
Really?

And the source of where you supposedly read about this "spectral-analysis"...was what?
Old 02-29-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I still believe American's should be getting updates from a single source, but I strongly believe that source should be from the scientific community who is knowledgeable of the facts as they're found...and NOT from a source with an obvious agenda.

We need the truth and facts about this virus...not 'spin' for personal gain.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 02-29-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:18 AM
TOTV Moderator

Just a reminder...the topic is how to prepare for and respond to any corona virus outbreak here in the US/Villages.

Much of the thread veered off into domestic and geopolitical arguments and conspiracy theories that got political and heated. We have removed a number of posts.

Please stay on topic or the thread will be closed.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Anyone getting to Costco to stock up? Coronavirus panic grips California as anxious shoppers stock up on supplies | Daily Mail Online

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

As far as travelling right now, if you have optionality of not taking the trip in a plane, cruise ship, I would exercise the option to not go on the trip until the situation is more clear and more under control, vaccines and transmission understood and mostly removed.

The most difficult decision will be to have or cancel family gatherings with lots of travel involved, as the decision is counter traditional but increases risk.

sportsguy
Old 03-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
As far as travelling right now, if you have optionality of not taking the trip in a plane, cruise ship, I would exercise the option to not go on the trip until the situation is more clear and more under control, vaccines and transmission understood and mostly removed.

The most difficult decision will be to have or cancel family gatherings with lots of travel involved, as the decision is counter traditional but increases risk.

sportsguy

Currently there are hundreds of thousands of cruise passengers enjoying their trip....without incident. One might give second thought to going to the far east/asia.

Just think for a minute of all we use every day of our lives.....that you will buy TODAY.....that comes from China....

Common sense is a necessary element in the decision making.
And it seems to be a missing ingredient in much of the reporting (and advice).
Closed Thread

Tags
prepare, coronavirus, dangerous, hearing, hurricanes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.