Fibromyalgia: The Diet Connection

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
I think U mean "ticks" not mosquito's
Thank you. Yes, you are right......I meant to say ticks.
It was very early in the a.m.

Mosquitos are the culprit for West Nile Virus, also prevalent by the seacoast of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts..........etc.

Deer ticks for Lyme Disease.....
  #17  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:34 PM
gamby gamby is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default reply

Here are a few posts from a lyme forum




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, my first "diagnosis" was fibro, and I went 25 years looking for what it was.

Then I found out I actually got Lyme disease, from a known tick bite. I can date every symptom, which makes it very clear for me - 18 months later, I had full-blown fibro.

When I found out it was Lyme, I tried to contact as many folks as I could from my fibro days, and by then, in the mid 2000s, they had found out it was Lyme, and some had co-infections.

Also, if you watch the Lyme film, "Under Our Skin," which you can do for free at Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu, you will see many Lyme patients saying they were first diagnosed with fibro.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3

Yes, I had fibromyalgia and when I was done with Lyme treatment it was gone, too. Lyme definitely caused the fibro.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#4

Posts: 12229 | From Ohio

Initially, I was diagnosed with FM and CFIDS. The fibro pain has improved greatly since being on the correct treatment
-------------------------------------------------------
post

From EAPennsylvania


Fibro usually IS Lyme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#6

Posts: 1236 | From NJ |

I think lyme and fibro is the same thing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post

An LLND came and spoke at a support group meeting. She stated that 95% of all people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia test positive for Lyme (IGeneX criteria). And where there is a positive Lyme test, there is likely also coinfection issues.
  #18  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Here are a few posts from a lyme forum




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, my first "diagnosis" was fibro, and I went 25 years looking for what it was.

Then I found out I actually got Lyme disease, from a known tick bite. I can date every symptom, which makes it very clear for me - 18 months later, I had full-blown fibro.

When I found out it was Lyme, I tried to contact as many folks as I could from my fibro days, and by then, in the mid 2000s, they had found out it was Lyme, and some had co-infections.

Also, if you watch the Lyme film, "Under Our Skin," which you can do for free at Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu, you will see many Lyme patients saying they were first diagnosed with fibro.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3

Yes, I had fibromyalgia and when I was done with Lyme treatment it was gone, too. Lyme definitely caused the fibro.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#4

Posts: 12229 | From Ohio

Initially, I was diagnosed with FM and CFIDS. The fibro pain has improved greatly since being on the correct treatment
-------------------------------------------------------
post

From EAPennsylvania


Fibro usually IS Lyme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#6

Posts: 1236 | From NJ |

I think lyme and fibro is the same thing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post

An LLND came and spoke at a support group meeting. She stated that 95% of all people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia test positive for Lyme (IGeneX criteria). And where there is a positive Lyme test, there is likely also coinfection issues.
What is the exact treatment for Lyme Disease........antibiotics?
Which brand name? Thanks in advance.
  #19  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
gamby gamby is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My first line treatment was DOXY followed by Rocephen.

Here is a good lyme forum, some are confused but most are informative.

LymeNet Flash: Medical Questions


Had wrong site sorry

Last edited by gamby; 03-23-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: wrong site given
  #20  
Old 03-24-2013, 06:11 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
My first line treatment was DOXY followed by Rocephen.

Here is a good lyme forum, some are confused but most are informative.

LymeNet Flash: Medical Questions


Had wrong site sorry
To your knowledge, where would someone pick up the babesis parasites?
Someone thought they had that rather than Lyme Disease.
  #21  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,788
Thanks: 3,611
Thanked 3,553 Times in 1,235 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Trudy



My post was misunderstood ,

Fibromyalgia, IS a real disease, it was not recognized by doctors at that time; It's still not known what causes it. There are several doctors/researchers that found Spirochetes (Lyme complex disease) in many of these patients. When treatment for this was tried some got well. It's still controversial .

The illness was not invented , The name "fibromyalgia" was.
It's a syndrome, meaning a group of symptoms so it is not a disease but a condition.
I never said it was funny , I don't know where you got that from.




I have chronic lyme disease and co/infections since 2003; Many ER trips, Black outs, in a coma for months followed be a year in the Hospital, 2 years of rehab just to learn how to walk again and Lost my sight for weeks. I finally got out of my wheelchair and can function somewhat again with a walker. I do still have many of the symptoms but not as bad since years of treatment.
Excellent post Gamby, and you have my sympathy and respect.

I am put off by simplistic explanations such as diet curing complex maladies.

Keeping our bodies healthy and sustaining ourselves with good food based on the nutritious rules we know is bound to help. But availing ourselves of the medicines and procedures and advice of the traditional medical community is not a bad thing.

Mankind has used the wealth of information that we have garnered over years to lengthen our lives and to live more comfortably but we haven't solved all the the problems of disease and pain.

We need to turn to the experts trained in treating diseases such as fibromyalgia, while we still can afford to do so.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #22  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Excellent post Gamby, and you have my sympathy and respect.

I am put off by simplistic explanations such as diet curing complex maladies.

Keeping our bodies healthy and sustaining ourselves with good food based on the nutritious rules we know is bound to help. But availing ourselves of the medicines and procedures and advice of the traditional medical community is not a bad thing.

Mankind has used the wealth of information that we have garnered over years to lengthen our lives and to live more comfortably but we haven't solved all the the problems of disease and pain.

We need to turn to the experts trained in treating diseases such as fibromyalgia, while we still can afford to do so.

Yes, in agreement, however, we know people alive now and have known others (now deceased) who were fit, active, vegetarians/vegans......who did everything right; didn't smoke and still got cancer. Most died from it at a younger age......30's, 40's, 50's, early 60's........

To a larger extent, it could be simply genetics or environmental such as where they lived (if they lived for a time in smokestack industry type regions, with pollution, etc)........

Again, the deceased "did everything right" and were health conscious to a fault..........I truly believe that what we will die from is not just about the food we consume......although that does contribute to a lot of modern man's maladies.

P.S. Let's not forget the brain tumors which are so prevalent nowadays.......we know a few of those folks too........supposedly "perhaps" caused by cell phone use.
Remember when it was thought to be microwave ovens? We still use them. What about computer screens? T.V. sets? Cops who use radar in their patrol cars?
How about all the radiation one gets during medical testing?????????
  #23  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 AM
gamby gamby is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default reply

The same tick bite can transmit several diseases all at once,
Lyme, Babesia, Bartonellosis, Mycoplasma, and more.
This is why it is called Lyme/complex disease.

Here is a great site, Lotts of information.
WildCondor's World
  #24  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

.....

Last edited by senior citizen; 03-25-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: message did not show properly
  #25  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Gamby:

One of my best friends had this condition so I am aware of the fact that often people are sent on a medical merry go round from specialist to specialist, as she was.

Or......medicated with incorrect pharmaceuticals based on a faulty diagnosis.

Thankfully, she did find a physician who figured it out, much as she had tried to figure it out herself..........

Very, very interesting website.
  #26  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 PM
gamby gamby is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default reply

Grave stone


I quit smoking, lost 20 lbs, exercised every day ate a very healthy diet,



And still died !



P.S. " We live to short and die to long "
  #27  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 AM
TrudyM's Avatar
TrudyM TrudyM is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Sorry if I missunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Trudy



My post was misunderstood ,

Fibromyalgia, IS a real disease, it was not recognized by doctors at that time; It's still not known what causes it. There are several doctors/researchers that found Spirochetes (Lyme complex disease) in many of these patients. When treatment for this was tried some got well. It's still controversial .

The illness was not invented , The name "fibromyalgia" was.
It's a syndrome, meaning a group of symptoms so it is not a disease but a condition.
I never said it was funny , I don't know where you got that from.




I have chronic lyme disease and co/infections since 2003; Many ER trips, Black outs, in a coma for months followed be a year in the Hospital, 2 years of rehab just to learn how to walk again and Lost my sight for weeks. I finally got out of my wheelchair and can function somewhat again with a walker. I do still have many of the symptoms but not as bad since years of treatment.
I am sorry for your pain. I am glad you have gotten some improvement.

I just get frustrated when just because the doctors don't know what causes something people think it is made up. I thought that is what you were saying. It is called the practice of medicine I think because they still don't know what causes a lot of what people suffer from. When my mother had fibromyalgia at first her insurance wouldn't pay for her treatments as they said it was a mental illness. As you can tell it still makes me angry and now I have the same symptoms she had just not as severe. Thanks for the suggestion about getting tested for lyme. I don't know if I was tested for lyme disease I will check but they ran me through a full blood panel so I would assume so.
  #28  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Dreamer61 Dreamer61 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia, Santo Domingo
Posts: 190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I read an article that fibro patients were linked to vitamin D deficiency?!
  #29  
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM
gamby gamby is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There still is no accurate test for lyme disease;

There is one lab in CA. that has the most accurate testing available'
Here is their site,

Welcome to IGeneX, Inc.
  #30  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:55 PM
ginamarie ginamarie is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am new to the area and I was wondering if there is a social group with this condition that meets please and thank you?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.