Some organic foods grown in the world's worst environmental cesspool

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
» The shocking truth about ‘organic’ foods grown in the world’s worst environmental cesspool Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Not sure if this link will work now. It was just sent to me by a friend who is into health foods, organically grown produce, etc.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Is it false? Or, is it true?
Same article as in the first posting, just on a new website. I'm not sure you want to use anything on Alex Jones's website as a reference. Here is what his own website proudly proclaims:

A 2011 Rolling Stone article described Jones as “a giant in America’s conspiracy subculture,” with a subsequent in-depth profile adding that he made Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, “sound like tea-sipping NPR hosts on Zoloft.”
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Great that you actually go and check for real data from reliable sources. Again all the CDC articles that I read dealt with food borne illness from bacteria, viruses, and other organisms. None dealt with the issues raised by the author of the article in the OP of poisons and toxins and heavy metals. Those are real issues deserving real thought but I didn't see any data on the CDC, or frankly the FDA's website on those concerns. It is a bit of a stretch when the head of the Australian Garlic growers association tells Australians that they should only buy Australian garlic because Chinese garlic isn't good, and you (the author) use that as proof. Again I agree with the thrust of the thread.. Third world farming practices are more likely to present a potential risk. I would suggest that if you are concerned you be selective in your shopping.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Great that you actually go and check for real data from reliable sources. Again all the CDC articles that I read dealt with food borne illness from bacteria, viruses, and other organisms. None dealt with the issues raised by the author of the article in the OP of poisons and toxins and heavy metals. Those are real issues deserving real thought but I didn't see any data on the CDC, or frankly the FDA's website on those concerns. It is a bit of a stretch when the head of the Australian Garlic growers association tells Australians that they should only buy Australian garlic because Chinese garlic isn't good, and you (the author) use that as proof. Again I agree with the thrust of the thread.. Third world farming practices are more likely to present a potential risk. I would suggest that if you are concerned you be selective in your shopping.
Maybe....just maybe....the Australian garlic growers' head KNOWS more than the average Australian (or American) about what are safe and unsafe food growing, packing, shipping and storage practices and how they compare between their country's and China's!! Not every corporate producer strategy is rooted in money mongering!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Sage
Smile

I seldom by anything that's organically grown unless the price is competitive with the regular-grown counterpart. I just don't see much of an advantage to it. And I certainly wouldn't buy any food that is imported from China. Aldi's sells garlic that comes from China; I won't buy it.

I believe the worst thing from China might be fish. I once read that the waters around China have a high concentration of mercury.

How about Mexico? Is all this talk about China making Mexican imports look better by comparison?
Old 06-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

As I understand it people are paying a whole lot more for something that is not appreciable different from all grown vegetables ????????????????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.