New england cheaters

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I have said from the beginning that a quarterback knows more about the football he is throwing than anyone else . so in my mind even the slightest difference would be something a professional quarterback, even the worse of them, would readily recognize. a receiver would also recognize any variation.

Sports is such big business that every sport has now been sullied with every form of cheating envisioned. From shrinking basketball nets to steroids

The days of Bobby Jones integrity have vanished. I guess it is now the best cheaters win
  #92  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 0
Thanked 826 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
For me there is nothing more fun than watching the game with others is the food and drink, yelling, screaming, and pounding on tables like chimpanezes really bring out the neanderthal in most of us.
I agree 10000%. I really look forward to watching the games at Gator's Dockside every Sunday.

And why should what players make even be brought into a conversation like this. The fact is that these guys make what they do because there are very few people in the world that can what they do. They are the best of the best and they are able to entertain millions of people who enjoy watching them.

A group of them gets hired by a team that represents your home town. Why is it so wrong to want to cheer for you home town team?
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #93  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 0
Thanked 826 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have said from the beginning that a quarterback knows more about the football he is throwing than anyone else . so in my mind even the slightest difference would be something a professional quarterback, even the worse of them, would readily recognize. a receiver would also recognize any variation.

Sports is such big business that every sport has now been sullied with every form of cheating envisioned. From shrinking basketball nets to steroids

The days of Bobby Jones integrity have vanished. I guess it is now the best cheaters win
D'Qwell Jackson, who made an interception against Tom Brady in the first half said that he didn't notice that the ball was under inflated. If what you say is true, should a defensive back who handles the ball quite a bit also notice the difference.

This whole thing was a set up starting with Jim Harbaugh telling the Colts to look for under inflated balls. The only way this even came to anyone's attention was that some on the Colts bench took out a gauge and measured the ball of Jackson intercepted it. Jackson never said a word about it. He simply asked someone on the sideline to keep it as a souvenir of him intercepting Tim Brady.

Tom Brady says that the perfect ball for him is exactly 12.5 psi and asks that his footballs be at that pressure. If Andrew Luck likes his football a bit firmer or doesn't pay attention, it's probable that the Patriots balls were at exactly 12.5 and the Colts balls were at 13.5. If they both lost some pressure because of the cold. It's possible that some all of the balls lost some pressure, as many former NFL quarterbacks have stated is quite common. The Patriots balls could have lost a bit more and would have been under 12.5 immediately. Where the Colts footballs could have lost up to a pound and still be legal. We also don't know if there was a temperature difference in the rooms where the balls were tested. We also don't know if the same equipment was used to test both sets of footballs leaving open the possible that someone had a faulty gauge.

The NFL released a statement today that said that the investigation in ongoing. The balls were under inflated but they have yet to determine how they got that way. They have also hired a lawyer and an investigator who has, so far, conducted over 40 interviews and will be conducting many more over the next few weeks. In order for them to discipline the Patriots in any way, they will have to have absolute proof that someone on the team deflated the balls deliberately. They also said that The Patriots have been cooperating fully in the investigation.

Bottom line is that there are a lot of questions still to be answered so all of this, talk of cheating should stop until all of the facts are known.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #94  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 146
Thanked 581 Times in 241 Posts
Default New england cheaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
The NFL has adopted the WWF philosophy. You will get peoples attention with a really good argument, the only bad publicity is no publicity. They now have everyone's attention all of the media is talking even the government wants to get involved, and it isn't costing anyone a dime.

Yeah...and we all know nobody would be watching the Super Bowl if it wasn't for deflategate.
  #95  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:56 PM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,099
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 28 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yeah...and we all know nobody would be watching the Super Bowl if it wasn't for deflategate.
Sure we would -- can't miss those commercials!
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
  #96  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:59 PM
DonH57's Avatar
DonH57 DonH57 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 3,300
Thanks: 0
Thanked 172 Times in 79 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

Unfortunately I think the commercials have gotten worse these past 2 years. I'm hoping they are better this year.
  #97  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Paul & Elaine Paul & Elaine is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
Maybe it wasn't a close game but the momentum of the game has a lot to do with how it is played. Who's to say if the balls were not Deflated that the Pats would have played any better than the Colts.
The balls were all inflated at half and the Pats scored 28 points in the second half. So the weight of the balls did not make any difference in the outcome of this game.
  #98  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Bosoxfan's Avatar
Bosoxfan Bosoxfan is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Village of McClure
Posts: 2,112
Thanks: 4
Thanked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Bosoxfan Send a message via Skype™ to Bosoxfan
Default

facebook_1422047846927-jpg
__________________
We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
  #99  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
DonH57's Avatar
DonH57 DonH57 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 3,300
Thanks: 0
Thanked 172 Times in 79 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I agree 10000%. I really look forward to watching the games at Gator's Dockside every Sunday.

And why should what players make even be brought into a conversation like this. The fact is that these guys make what they do because there are very few people in the world that can what they do. They are the best of the best and they are able to entertain millions of people who enjoy watching them.

A group of them gets hired by a team that represents your home town. Why is it so wrong to want to cheer for you home town team?
Football is a collision sport and these players can only play for so long. it's their chosen profession they desire to play.
  #100  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,740
Thanks: 55
Thanked 499 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I just heard a report on ESPN2 at halftime of the Wake Forest/North Carolina game that said that the refs noted the inflation problem at half time and had the Patriots supply 12 backup balls that apparently were properly inflated. I believe the Patriots did most of the damage in the second half. So maybe not as bad as it appears.
You are exactly right. The Patriots did much better the second half---this is all about nothing IMHO. Some receivers and some Quarterbacks actually want more air in the football rather than less. It's obvious that some don't like New England and that is your right but to call them "liars and cheaters" is over the top and smells of jealousy .
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #101  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,689
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul & Elaine View Post
The balls were all inflated at half and the Pats scored 28 points in the second half. So the weight of the balls did not make any difference in the outcome of this game.
Tom wasn't talking about weight of the balls, but pressure which he said he preferred 12.5 because it gave him a better grip on the ball. A ball too hard would be hard to grasp with smaller hands.
__________________
Les
  #102  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Bosoxfan's Avatar
Bosoxfan Bosoxfan is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Village of McClure
Posts: 2,112
Thanks: 4
Thanked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Bosoxfan Send a message via Skype™ to Bosoxfan
Default

facebook_1422050403149-jpg
__________________
We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
  #103  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:14 PM
mtdjed mtdjed is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 807
Thanks: 1
Thanked 435 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Do you think the CHEATERS should get bounced out of the super bowl?
Then there are no teams eligible to play. All teams cheat, whether it is holding, stealing signals etc. This is not church where everybody does everything right. Well, maybe that is not a good example. Perhaps politics, well again not a good example.

In answer to your question, yes they should be booted out of the Superbowl, right after all the other cheaters are booted out of their spots.
  #104  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 0
Thanked 826 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You are exactly right. The Patriots did much better the second half---this is all about nothing IMHO. Some receivers and some Quarterbacks actually want more air in the football rather than less. It's obvious that some don't like New England and that is your right but to call them "liars and cheaters" is over the top and smells of jealousy .
1000% correct. This has gone way over the top. A big part of it is jealousy. People love to hate winners and the patriots have won more games, by a wide margin, in the past 14 years than any other team.

It's also true that if they were to take away all of the points that the Patriots scored with the illegal balls, they would have won the game by 21 points and beat the spread by 15.5 points.

I just saw a report, by the way, that said that the NFL is going to report that although the balls were under inflated, they could not find the cause of the under inflation and no punishment was going to be handed out. They may be covering up the fact that a faulty gauge was used or the referee didn't do his job.

I have heard no details about what the ref did when he checked the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game. Did he check all of the balls? Did he use a proper gauge? Or did he maybe pick up a few, squeeze them and say, "Yeah, these seem OK"? If that were the case, the NFL would have to come out and try to cover it up.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #105  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Mikeod's Avatar
Mikeod Mikeod is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 5,021
Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

I have heard no details about what the ref did when he checked the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game. Did he check all of the balls? Did he use a proper gauge? Or did he maybe pick up a few, squeeze them and say, "Yeah, these seem OK"? If that were the case, the NFL would have to come out and try to cover it up.
Or worse, they could say the investigation failed to determine why the balls were underinflated. That would just continue the litany of speculation without facts.
__________________
"the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.