Amelia's at the Waterfront Inn

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Default Amelia's at the Waterfront Inn

Check for double billing on your charge card, Ladies Group went to luncheon there early June and so far three had double charges on there statements. Amelias said it was card company but all three had different companies. They were not willing to help and said call card company.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab04 View Post
Check for double billing on your charge card, Ladies Group went to luncheon there early June and so far three had double charges on there statements. Amelias said it was card company but all three had different companies. They were not willing to help and said call card company.
When this happens, it is often an authorization charge, then the subsequent final charge. After the tip is added, the card is run again and the next charge is the "real" one.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
When this happens, it is often an authorization charge, then the subsequent final charge. After the tip is added, the card is run again and the next charge is the "real" one.
The "authorization charge" would not show up on the statement.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
The "authorization charge" would not show up on the statement.
It does show up online.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:42 PM

no this was over a month ago and is on the current statement twice, two separate reference numbers, card company said Amelias billed my card twice and canceled second billing challenging Amelias
Old 06-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
no this was over a month ago and is on the current statement twice, two separate reference numbers, card company said Amelias billed my card twice and canceled second billing challenging Amelias
I would bet that it was not intentional. Too easy to catch.

Blips like this happen all of the time. Earlier tonight, I was placing an online order when something similar happened. I clicked "add to cart" and the screen came up with an error and said that the action had not occurred. So I went back and tried again after which my shopping cart showed that the first addition to the cart had gone through after all.

Good Luck!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:

Blips like this happen all of the time. Earlier tonight, I was placing an online order when something similar happened. I clicked "add to cart" and the screen came up with an error and said that the action had not occurred. So I went back and tried again after which my shopping cart showed that the first addition to the cart had gone through after all.

Good Luck!
I agree. Not intentional.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Nice way to run a business
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I agree. Not intentional.
Intentional or not -- should not happen and an apology is in order from the management
Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Also at the waterfront no more petrina on thursday night. Guests said the lobby was to noisy which it was and several times she cancelled for whatever reason.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Nice way to run a business

Intentional or not -- should not happen and an apology is in order from the management
The restaurant is correct.
There is nothing they can do from their end.
Each person would have to work it out with their credit card company.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
The restaurant is correct.
There is nothing they can do from their end.
Each person would have to work it out with their credit card company.
I think the OP said three different companies - so they all make the same mistake ?????
Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:

Good Luck!
Yes, and that is exactly how I ended up with 60 lbs of Nature's Logic Lamb & Rice instead of 30 from wag.com. Haven't had to order dog food for over two months!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.