Any interest in new European cafe?

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2012, 04:26 PM

If you plan on opening a biz on TV developer owned / controlled land .... THOROUGHLY investigate the lease agreement!! The CAM (Common Area Maintenance) fees they charge are substantially above market rate and they actually want a considerable % of your sales $$$ volume for the privilege of doing biz!!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Fantastic, thank you. I will look in to that and make contact with them. Not sure if they will be willing/able to help us as we are not US citizens, but obviously TV (or surrounding area) is where we would like to re-locate to. Fingers crossed they will be able to offer us some advice or point us in the right direction!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:46 PM

A cafe would be wonderful. A place to go for coffee, teas and scrumptious desserts. I like Starbucks, Panera Bread and Too Jays, however these are not places to visit when you want to sit and relax and have a great cappuccino and dessert. So often after dinner we wish there was a place to go similar to what you are suggesting. I can't comment on the business end of it, but it sure sounds like a good idea. I'm dreaming here, but it would be nice if the cafe had soft lights and good music!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member
Default European cafe

There was a British Tea Room & florist in Sumter Landing that was here for a year or so.
I was told it closed because of high rent and commissions to The Villages:
Tea Plantation & Floral Boutique - The Villages, FL

There is a Tea Room
in Mt. Dora you might want to visit:

Windsor Rose Tea Room and Restaurant | A relaxing escape to British tradition in beautiful downtown Mount Dora, Florida

Good luck to you. It sounds delightful.
SCORE is a wonderful source for you. I welcome any Mom and Pop - many, many chains here -
the welcomed exception being Bonefish-IMO

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:05 PM

What we really need is a good bakery here in the Villages. If your cafe can supply delicious coffee with an assortment of pastries and cakes, I think you would do very well.

Brooklyn, NY, Queens, NY, Jericho, L.I., Mineola, L.I., Roslyn Hts., L.I., Danbury, CT., Tucson, AZ, Pewuakee, WI., The Villages, FL.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Sage

Hi SerpentQ

Welcome to TOTV! I love mom and pop shops and wish I could offer encouragement. To be honest though, I agree with many of the posters about the challenges you would face.

Commercial rents and fees within TV are high and while there are full-service restaurants outside of TV, such as Cotillion, that are popular with Villagers, I'm skeptical about whether a specialty cafe without cart access, where people go to relax and socialize, would be.

All that said, I'm not a good test subject as we are not full time in TV.

Besides contacting Score and the Villages commercial office, see if you can talk to some of the local merchants within TV for advice and guidance.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you every success and happiness!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM

Sounds wonderful. My answer is yes!!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Default Tea

Hi,

I just wondered if you have thought about serving high
tea? I know it is sometimes a chick thing but there sure
are a lot of women in TV.

If it is well done, it can be so much fun for a light meal
and great conversation.

Just a thought!

WCS
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.