Best Tacos

Best Tacos

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I like tongue okay. Do they ever have goat?
I tried goat once in Jamaica. As I recall, it was bony as hell. But I’d try it again.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Who can recommend a good place to order tacos? I like tacos that you can hold in your hand and put on as much taco sauce as you want. I ordered the signature tacos at RJ Gators and asked for taco sauce. They don't have any taco sauce and I have found that to be true at a lot of so called Mexican restaurants. In northern Virginia, they had Tippy's Taco House. So far, the best tacos I have found in The Villages are at Taco Bell. Seriously!
Take your own
Taco Bell Taco Sauce Recipe - Genius Kitchen
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

When I go to Taco Bell for a drive by snack, my favorite is a fresco taco. It's light and flavorful. Usually a soft chicken or beef fresco taco.
Taco Bell: Fresco Chicken Soft Taco
Taco Bell’s “fresco” menu is one of the more impressive developments by a fast-food chain. Instead of loading its tacos and burritos with cheese, mayo-based sauces, and reduced-fat sour cream, Taco Bell will substitute a scoopful of its freshly prepared pico de gallo. This swap brings the fresco chicken soft taco to a modest 150 calories with 3.5 grams of fat and less than a gram of sodium.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
I like tongue okay. Do they ever have goat?
I didn't see goat. But they have a buche taco which is pork stomach.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

If you want the best authentic Mexican food in the Villages (or just about anywhere), look no further than AL Jalisco in Spanish Springs. Top notch food at a very reasonable price. Taco Bell versus Al Jalisco is like comparing my golf game to Tiger Woods in his prime. Of all the restaurants in the Villages, this place is always the most consistent quality, reasonably priced, and rarely crowded. I can't figure out why it's not always packed, when much inferior restaurants have long waiting lines. My best guess is because Mexican food is just not that popular and that it is located somewhat off the town square.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you want the best authentic Mexican food in the Villages (or just about anywhere), look no further than AL Jalisco in Spanish Springs. Top notch food at a very reasonable price. Taco Bell versus Al Jalisco is like comparing my golf game to Tiger Woods in his prime. Of all the restaurants in the Villages, this place is always the most consistent quality, reasonably priced, and rarely crowded. I can't figure out why it's not always packed, when much inferior restaurants have long waiting lines. My best guess is because Mexican food is just not that popular and that it is located somewhat off the town square.
Maybe I need to try it again. Went to Ay Jalisco when it opened and never went back it was so bad. Lived in the state of Jalisco for 10 years and never tasted anything as bad as I got the one visit. Will try again for sure.

If you are near new construction look for the taco truck. Kind of like a roach coach. That's some good food!
Old 12-16-2018, 02:05 AM
Sage

Best Taco's in The Villages, my house. You all should come over when my wife cooks Tacos for about 30 people. It is a sight to see. Even little holders for the shells.

You all are invited. Most of the people we usually have won't be back. They are to fat for wall climbing. 'Ole!
Old 12-16-2018, 05:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Best Taco's in The Villages, my house. You all should come over when my wife cooks Tacos for about 30 people. It is a sight to see. Even little holders for the shells.

You all are invited. Most of the people we usually have won't be back. They are to fat for wall climbing. 'Ole!

Trying to scale Nucky's wall to get at those Tacos.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ISlWN217EYQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Ole.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Platinum member

Although I suppose it's not strictly Mexican, I love the tacos at Moe's Southwest Grill, either crispy or soft. They mostly sell burritos but can make tacos also. You choose which toppings you want. My downfall is that I can't pass up asking for sloppy pinto beans on the taco with the meat, so by the time it is fully loaded with onions, cheeses, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo or salsa, cilantro etc., etc., the shell collapses. Oh well, it still tastes good eaten with a fork.

There is also a sauce bar that has the most imaginative sauces. Thinking about it has whetted my appetite, so I think we'll go there today!
Old 12-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Maybe I need to try it again. Went to Ay Jalisco when it opened and never went back it was so bad. Lived in the state of Jalisco for 10 years and never tasted anything as bad as I got the one visit. Will try again for sure.

If you are near new construction look for the taco truck. Kind of like a roach coach. That's some good food!
I agree. I my opinion Ay Jalisco is hit or miss. Mostly miss.

Tags
taco, tacos, sauce, found, bell