Cody's @ Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Default Cody's @ Lake Sumter

On Friday some of our friends gathered at Cody's to sit outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and the music. We were excited because some of our northern friends were back in town and it was one of their birthdays. We got a spot, but it was quickly damper by the present of a loud man, slamming dishes and yelling at the waitresses/waiters. Concerned I thought maybe it was he wanted our table but eventually found out he is the owner. Many of the patrons notice this individual frowning, yelling at the help which made for a very uncomfortable atmosphere. I attempted to explain to him how he was ruining our evening by his actions but he then started to yell at me. He stated that he didn’t care what I thought and that he would run his restaurant the way he wanted. I walked away knowing that there are too many other great restaurants in The Villages. Owner or not, it was a classic example of how not to treat customers. We won’t return!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Similar situation

We went to Cody's for dinner last month and sat outside. At the end of the deck a man was screaming at a waitress. I went inside to get a manager to stop the verbal abuse and was told it was the manager screaming at the waitress. We have never returned.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Not surprised.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Unfortunately not a nice way to treat his employees either. I hope he will reconsider his actions and consequences, and correct his behavior in the future. Bad day or not, it's not a good way to treat anyone!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

Cody's is a franchise operation. Maybe the corp office would like to hear from you. Cody's Roadhouse
Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM

A true shame in many counts
Cody's has a prime location, near the lake and the music...
I wonder if some sort of harrassment ( not sexual, obviously) , or ruling could be filed by these poor servers....
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Gold member

Maybe someone should take up a petition..let him know that inspite of the fact that he obviously doesn't care about his business...he will care when he has to lock the door for the final time after people quit coming.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Below is a link to Cody's website. Not just the one in Lake Sumter but I believe corporate. Under where it says "Just Plain Good Food" there is a section which says, "Tell Us What You Think". If would assume if everyone who has had the same experience tell them about it, thinks could change.
Cody's Roadhouse
Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Below is a link to Cody's website. Not just the one in Lake Sumter but I believe corporate. Under where it says "Just Plain Good Food" there is a section which says, "Tell Us What You Think". If would assume if everyone who has had the same experience tell them about it, thinks could change.
Cody's Roadhouse

great idea!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Sage

No one deserves to be verbally abused. This sounds like a manager from he** and he is not using his head. Sadly, this man needs some anger management classes.

I like the idea of a petition or he needs to hear from corporate to mend his ways. I'm sure he doesn't talk to a superior in this manner.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 10-22-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: additional comment
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM

Be sure to watch the clock when at Cody's ... Drink prices DOUBLE at 7pm !!! ... You'll not have a problem getting a seat at the bar after 7 ... Everyplace else sells beer for about 2 bucks, but at Cody's the price is $4 ... Makes no sense to me, but hey, I've never owned a bar - just paid for a few.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgrimes View Post
On Friday some of our friends gathered at Cody's to sit outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and the music. We were excited because some of our northern friends were back in town and it was one of their birthdays. We got a spot, but it was quickly damper by the present of a loud man, slamming dishes and yelling at the waitresses/waiters. Concerned I thought maybe it was he wanted our table but eventually found out he is the owner. Many of the patrons notice this individual frowning, yelling at the help which made for a very uncomfortable atmosphere. I attempted to explain to him how he was ruining our evening by his actions but he then started to yell at me. He stated that he didn’t care what I thought and that he would run his restaurant the way he wanted. I walked away knowing that there are too many other great restaurants in The Villages. Owner or not, it was a classic example of how not to treat customers. We won’t return!
Some suggest when you have a complaint: ask to see the manager; Not a good idea! Maybe he needs some friendly cat!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback!!!! I will be contacting Cody's Corp office plus whoever manages The Villages Commerical Property.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgrimes View Post
Thanks for the feedback!!!! I will be contacting Cody's Corp office plus whoever manages The Villages Commerical Property.
Attitude here has been this way for a long time. Same goes for neighbor, R.J.Gators. Maybe it's contagious.

CPM is only interested in that they pay their rent on time.

Vote with your feet.

Skip
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I've never been there and I won't be going. I refuse to patronize any establishment where the hired help are abused.

Some friends of mine play music there and I have wanted to go so them, but I'll see them somewhere else now. The only way that this kind of thing will stop is if people stop going there. so posts like this are important if we want to effect change.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.