Cody's

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We were at Cody's last night and had an excellent meal. So far we have not had any problems.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Gold member

We had a problem at Cody's a couple of years ago when we were there with guests. We guessed we were there on a bad day. No big deal, we just never went back. We have so many choices here it's not something to get worked up about.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Veteran member

is very close to all the "action"
Old 12-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
is very close to all the "action"
What action? Isn't all their food, "dead"?

I like the joke, "when a man was asked how he wanted his steak cooked".

He replied, "after you throw the steak on, when you hear a mooooo, Take it off".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Sage

We were at Cody's last night, table of seven. They seated us on the patio which has a great view and is a good place to listen to the entertainment. The tables are sheltered from the breeze by glass, and they turn on heaters if it gets chilly. Drinks are two-for-one until 7 PM, accompanied by lots of peanuts. Good entertainment, no problems, attentive waiter. A great time was had by all.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
Cody's is one place that I know will try to fix any problem you had while dining.The manager consistently will respond to his customers in a positive manner.It happened to us once and the manager's response was enough to keep me coming back.If you ever have a problem do what Bogie Shooter always tells us "see the manager" In Cody's case it works.Bonny will back me up on this also.
A few years ago we needed to be out by 8:00pm, arrived at 6:30 pm. at 7:15 the food was not out. Told the server about the deadline. At 7:40 pm the food was not out. Asked for takeout. At exactly 8:00 the manager came out with the takeouts and said he heard we had an issue with the timing. Told him the story and he said, "tell you what I'm going to do...." at this point I'm thinking he will comp the meals which would have been about the only thing that would have eased my tension, he said, "... come back in again some time and we'll see if we can get you out quicker". Haha, I almost fell off the chair. Needless to say, I don't go to Codys unless I'm with a group and they have picked the restaurant. Maybe twice in the last 2 years.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We were at Cody's last night, table of seven. They seated us on the patio which has a great view and is a good place to listen to the entertainment. The tables are sheltered from the breeze by glass, and they turn on heaters if it gets chilly. Drinks are two-for-one until 7 PM, accompanied by lots of peanuts. Good entertainment, no problems, attentive waiter. A great time was had by all.
What time did you arrive, Bare? Looking for a place our kids would like.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
A few years ago we needed to be out by 8:00pm, arrived at 6:30 pm. at 7:15 the food was not out. Told the server about the deadline. At 7:40 pm the food was not out. Asked for takeout. At exactly 8:00 the manager came out with the takeouts and said he heard we had an issue with the timing. Told him the story and he said, "tell you what I'm going to do...." at this point I'm thinking he will comp the meals which would have been about the only thing that would have eased my tension, he said, "... come back in again some time and we'll see if we can get you out quicker". Haha, I almost fell off the chair. Needless to say, I don't go to Codys unless I'm with a group and they have picked the restaurant. Maybe twice in the last 2 years.
You expected your entire meals to be comped? I can see a little something being offered, not the entire meals. I would have probably said next time I come back you can buy me a drink or a dessert.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

We were just there this week and had another great meal.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What time did you arrive, Bare? Looking for a place our kids would like.
We arrived after golfing, about 5:45 PM, and had a ten minute wait for a table. We usually wait longer at Cody's to be seated. I think a lot of people have already gone north for Christmas. The food is OK ... I think the food at Bonefish is better. But who can beat a view of Lake Sumter! The ambiance at Cody's is casual with peanut shells on the floors, a bit noisy. I think your kids would enjoy Cody's.

We found it very, very pleasant sitting on the deck, listening to the music, looking at Lake Sumter, eating peanuts, drinking wine, having a leisurely dinner, and talking to good friends.

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-20-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We arrived after golfing, about 5:45 PM, and had a ten minute wait for a table. We usually wait longer at Cody's to be seated. I think a lot of people have already gone north for Christmas. The food is OK ... I think the food at Bonefish is better. But who can beat a view of Lake Sumter! The ambiance at Cody's is casual with peanut shells on the floors, a bit noisy, but I think Cody's would appeal more to a younger crowd.

We found it very, very pleasant sitting on the deck, listening to the music, looking at Lake Sumter, eating peanuts, drinking wine, having a leisurely dinner, and talking to good friends.
Thanks. We're already going to Bone Fish on Christmas Eve. Maybe we'll try Cody's on the 27th. I was also considering World of Beers as our son likes unusual draft beers. Hmm...
Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
You expected your entire meals to be comped? I can see a little something being offered, not the entire meals. I would have probably said next time I come back you can buy me a drink or a dessert.
I didn't expect the meals to be comped, but when he started out with what he said I figured he was going to try and make me happy. He failed miserably.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum member

Cody's $6.08 for house wine. Not going back
Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Default Cody's-good food

I am very particular about food and they have good food, great vegetables and reasonable prices. In fact, I just bought a $100 gift card and with the Christmas deal and was given a companion $20 gift card. Super!
Merry Christmas
Old 12-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Cody's $6.08 for house wine. Not going back
From 11am until 7pm, that is for two glasses of wine filled to the brim of the glass. Pretty good deal anywhere.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.