Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2022, 06:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night

My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.
Dined there Tuesday late afternoon/eve. Crowded, very busy - did not feel like off-season. Waited a reasonable amount of time - about 15 minutes. Seated on the porch near banner mercantile. Food was delicious, drinks were not watery. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Responded quickly to every request and checked in regularly. Staff was excellent at a nearby table as well, using a code system so every one delivering food or drinks to the table knew exactly which drink and plate belonged to whom. Seamlessly handled - very professional.

Coup de grace was the waiter (Damon, per the receipt) did what so few do (at least at other places) and actually boxed your leftovers. Not only boxed it for you, but did it right there instead of going back to the kitchen so you knew nothing happened to yours in transit or out of sight.

Experience at Prima was A+, Gold-star. Maybe not Michelin Star, but def AAA 4-star!

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 08-01-2022 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Discovered waiter's name. Added to text.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts

Prima, Havana and Legacy definitely top shelf. Glenview and Red Sauce not so much.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Prima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Dined there Tuesday late afternoon/eve. Crowded, very busy - did not feel like off-season. Waited a reasonable amount of time - about 15 minutes. Seated on the porch near banner mercantile. Food was delicious, drinks were not watery. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Responded quickly to every request and checked in regularly. Staff was excellent at a nearby table as well, using a code system so every one delivering food or drinks to the table knew exactly which drink and plate belonged to whom. Seamlessly handled - very professional.

Coup de grace was the waiter did what so few do (at least at other places) and actually boxed your leftovers. Not only boxed it for you, but did it right there instead of going back to the kitchen so you knew nothing happened to yours in transit or out of sight.

Experience at Prima was A+, Gold-star. Maybe not Michelin Star, but def AAA 4-star!
It has become one of our favorites for all the reasons others have stated. I still don't understand why their MVP loyalty card isn't honored at the other Sule-owned restaurants. I would frequent those more often if it was honored at their other locations.

Oh, was the waiter's named really Coup de grace? Has to be a spellchecker error. If not, a really cool name.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

At least it wasn’t soup du jour
Old 07-30-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage

They also continue to recognize the Peroni Club - refills for $1.00.

Quote:

Old 07-30-2022, 11:01 AM

The Suleiman Family Restaurants - Prima, Havana and Lopez Legacy are definitely the best run restaurants in the Villages. We have never had a bad experience at any. I like them so much that I have a VIP Card at each. I do wish I could carry just one VIP card but I am OK with all three. Family members are involved and committed to satisfying the customer. Looking forward to them taking on more properties! The two restaurants, Redsauce and Glenview, mentioned earlier I do not believe are owned by the Suleiman Family Restaurants. Not sure what, if any, tie there is between the two restaurant groups other than the last name of the owners. (Suleiman)
Old 07-30-2022, 11:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:

Agree they run great restaurants
Old 07-30-2022, 11:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
The Suleiman Family Restaurants - Prima, Havana and Lopez Legacy are definitely the best run restaurants in the Villages. We have never had a bad experience at any. I like them so much that I have a VIP Card at each. I do wish I could carry just one VIP card but I am OK with all three. Family members are involved and committed to satisfying the customer. Looking forward to them taking on more properties! The two restaurants, Redsauce and Glenview, mentioned earlier I do not believe are owned by the Suleiman Family Restaurants. Not sure what, if any, tie there is between the two restaurant groups other than the last name of the owners. (Suleiman)
Same family but owned but different family members. Prima, Havana and Legacy is by Joseph. The others are not owned by him.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Prima, Havana and Legacy definitely top shelf. Glenview and Red Sauce not so much.
We like Milano Ristorante Italiano too.
BTW, the owner is David Suleiman.

Skip
Old 07-31-2022, 05:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,156 Times in 890 Posts

Thanks for the positive vibes. I agree it's rare, and very much welcomed!
Old 07-31-2022, 06:05 AM

Positive vibes all around!

We've discovered the same great service and food. Our first choice when wanting a fine meal and good experience. We've got the VIP cards from Prima and Havana, too. August is my birthday month, too, and we were told the free dinner item is not limited to the actual day.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 07-31-2022, 06:06 AM

Dup deleted.

Last edited by M2inOR; 07-31-2022 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Dup deleted.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

You echo my opinion also, all their restaurants are really good, we are close to Lopez Legacy and go there often ,
Old 07-31-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Dined at Red Sauce this Tuesday and a family was allowed to bring into the indoor dining area their dog on a leash. Energetic dog without a vest - obviously not a service dog..Waiter was not knowledgeable about special request of the kitchen. Food was good though..
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, food, night, staff, suleiman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.