Frankfurters and other named tube steaks..

Old 03-13-2024, 10:07 AM

Try Grillers--Pretty good,
Old 03-13-2024, 10:07 AM
Default Finally mentioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miboater View Post
Nothing better than Lafayette Coney Island and American Coney Island which are side by side on West Lafayette Street in downtown Detroit. Natural casing dogs, fantastic coney sauce, fresh chopped onions and yellow mustard. Delicious!
Bout time! Was waiting to see Detroit make the list. Worked downtown for years, always a regular stop. Bigwigs from all over the country would visit Detroit and the Coneys on West Lafayette Blvd would be their first stop. Anyone remember the rivalry between the two diners?
Old 03-13-2024, 10:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I hope that brownie has walnuts in it!
......and it's warm
Old 03-13-2024, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Serious discussion…if you would like to discuss,please comment about hot dogs in boston..that would be intersting.
Do they put baked beans on hot dogs there?
Chili dogs. Franks-n-beans. I'm really hungry now. Maybe I'll open a can of beanie-beanie. Gourmet dining for sure. 😋😋😋
Old 03-13-2024, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
No baked beans are allowed on hotdogs in Boston. My two cents says Hebrew National are better than Nathan’s which taste like smoke and grease
But, are the dogs allowed to simmer in a bowl of baked beans? Of course they are.
Slice the dog into thin circles. Fry until brown. Mix eggs and green chillies and pour over sliced dogs. Cook till done. Season with Tabasco and catsup.
Old 03-13-2024, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
But, are the dogs allowed to simmer in a bowl of baked beans? Of course they are.
Slice the dog into thin circles. Fry until brown. Mix eggs and green chillies and pour over sliced dogs. Cook till done. Season with Tabasco and catsup.
CATSUP ?? Oh No ....... !!
I thought the Ketchup post was done.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:05 PM
Default Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Fancy hotdogs have their place but the sawdust kind have a place in my heart as well.

Think back to sitting in the hot sun of Riverfront Stadium watching the Big Red Machine stomping the Dodgers while drinking a quart of Hudepohl Gold and eating those cheap dogs smothered in mustard and kraut. Good times.
Guess I was never old enough to buy a beer at Crosley Field.

Have yet to hear of a dog in this thread that I wouldn't love - at least as long as vegetable matter is left off it. BTW, the Sam's dogs seem identical to the Costco dogs to me. I do not have discerning tastes.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
lol we have the hotdog religious wars now.. one guy wants Islamic halal dogs and the others want the kosher version.. and Nathan’s is absolutely the worst hot dogs anyone has ever had in my opinion..
Can I have two agnostic dogs, with jerk sauce, in a flour tortilla and a glass of cold darjeling tea? Please
Old 03-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Default Tasty proteins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsteve View Post
Yes, hot dogs are AWFUL (Get it?)
Ain't offal just another source of those 20 amino acids?? Hot dogs merely package them with near perfect efficiency, no? Mmmmm. . .
Old 03-13-2024, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
CATSUP ?? Oh No ....... !!
I thought the Ketchup post was done.
Oh Yea! There are two reasons it's called "ketchup. 1: they know they are not the best and they are trying to catch up. 2. They can't even spell catch up correctly.
JmmHo. You're welcome.
😉😉😉
Old 03-13-2024, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post

Have yet to hear of a dog in this thread that I wouldn't love - at least as long as vegetable matter is left off it. BTW, the Sam's dogs seem identical to the Costco dogs to me. I do not have discerning tastes.
No vegetable matter? Mustard, catsup(ketchup if you prefer), onions, sour kraut, peppers, broccoli (just wanna see who's paying attention), all from plants. (aka : vegetable matter)
Old 03-13-2024, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,
Frankly my dear--------I don't give a mustard soaked DAMN !
Old 03-13-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,
Whatever hot dogs you eat, please make it a rarity. Hot dogs and other processed meats are among the worst foods for your health.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,689 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I have no problem when people talk about their favorites. It’s the BS statements that something is the absolute best and nothing else is worth it that bothers me.

With that said, there is never any reason to eat anything but vanilla ice cream on top of a brownie and then covered with Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Syrup. Don’t even think about using that lesser chocolate syrup that is also made by Hershey’s. Only Dark will do.
I've never had it. Didn't even know they made more than one kind of chocolate syrup. But I wouldn't put it on vanilla ice cream with a brownie. I'm not a fan of vanilla ice cream, OR of brownies.

I like Hershey's syrup in milk, and sometimes on coffee ice cream. But when I really want to sauce up ice cream it's got to be Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge sauce.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,689 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post

Sam's hotdogs are really terrific. I don't have a membership there anymore, only got it for one year until BJ's opened up.

Tags
hot, coney, dog, nathans, island

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.