Gators Dockside

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Eternal Member

I have been there twice. Good food and good service both times. The back is a little louder that the front section but not that bad compared to some of the high class restaurants in the area.

I am into the charcoal flavored chicken wings and a side of the different sauces. The wife likes the Philly Cheese steak. Of course it is not a true Philly Chese steak because of (insert your reason here) but it is the way my wife likes it. There are no msushrooms. So I like it.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Default Gator Dockside

We ate at Gators Dockside weekend of Craft Show.
BAD Service & Food. We will never go back...So sad.

Hubby had a burger platter and I had the chef salad with grilled chicken.Waitress was rude and it took us over 2 hours to get out of the place. It was busy due to the craft show.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Location: Village of St. Charles,Binghamton, Conklin, Syracuse, and Tully, NY
Default What?

Just gotta jump in here. My husband and I went with my sister and her husband to Gators on the Sunday of the craft show. The food was GOOD-We had the Philly Cheesesteak and the Monte Cristo, which my sister described as "delicious". We remarked about how good the waiter was, friendly, efficient, and especially nice to one old couple next to us where he helped the man up from his seat. By the way, we split our meals, and they did it in the kitchen and and were told that they will always do that. It was great. Hate to see them get a bad name.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Eternal Member

I agree with the Monte Cristo. It's delicious. I've never had it fried before. Also the Santa Fe Rolls are really good. They come with a salsa ranch on a bed of lettuce. There's enough sauce to even have a little salad.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,414 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jullie View Post
We ate at Gators Dockside weekend of Craft Show.
BAD Service & Food. We will never go back...So sad.

Hubby had a burger platter and I had the chef salad with grilled chicken.Waitress was rude and it took us over 2 hours to get out of the place. It was busy due to the craft show.
What was the manager's response??
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,414 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgolfer View Post
Tried it last week whilst we were there for a week and it was by far the worst food we had all week.......dont think we will go there again!
What was the manager's response???
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

I like the place.

Have been there with visitors and they liked it
Have been there with wife & mom - we liked it
Have been there alone and liked it.

Have had the Monti Cristo, fish, shrimp, wings & wingetts, spinich dip, ribs, Philly and a couple others. Never was I disappointed.

I will probably go back many more times.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
I had lunch there yesterday sitting outside. I found the food pretty good. They have a long way to go in the area of personal service. There just wasn't any. Apparently your "server" is your "order taker" and whoever happens to be in the kitchen when your food is ready becomes your "deliverer". After that it you want something flag down a passing "server" with hands full of dirty dishes.

The only thing "personal" I found was when some twit called me dear. I won't tolerate some unknown individual using Elder-speak - - - dear, honey, sweety. It's not only rude, it's offensive. Previous threads have questioned why there is an apparently large turnover in restaurants here in TV. Well, wake up managers and owners. If your staff is going to treat us disrespectfully you'll quickly lose the scent of our $$$.
In my opinion you are over reacting. I'm sure the "twit" meant nothing by it when calling you "dear". That is not disrespectful to most people, nor is it meant to be rude or offensive. I personally use the term "dear" and I'm surely not a "twit".
Old 11-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Default Caribbean Jerk deep fried wings

These are the wings that won the competition in Florida for the best wings.
At least that is what the waitress told us, and they were fantastic !!!!
A little pricey, but on Monday , it is all teh wings you want for 11.99 after 6 PM
Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 PM

I have to say the wings may be wonderful but I do not believe in paying extra for blue cheese dressing to go with the wings. That's myu line ion the sand!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Ate at Gators today and the food was very good, we'll be going back....GN
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Gold member

Has anyone eaten here lately? We tried to eat at Gators last Saturday evening. When we arrived there were a large number of tables empty and figured that there would be no wait. However, when we went to the hostess she said that there would be about a 15 minute wait. When questioned about the open tables she said that they didn't have enough servers to handle all of the tables. It seemed like a poor management issue, but we decided that 15 minutes wasn't too bad and decided to wait.

After 15 or 20 minutes we went back to check how close we were to being seated (all during this time, many tables which had been used remained un-bussed). We were then told that the manager had instructed her to not seat any additional people until the kitchen had a chance to catch up with the orders. We waited for another 15 minutes or so and checked again. She said they were still on hold and were not seating anyone. At this point we gave up and went to another restaurant.

We like the atmosphere of sitting outside and listening to the music from the square, but before we invest another frustrating night of waiting for what appeared to us to be a very poorly managed restaurant (not enough servers, not enough kitchen help), it would be good to know from others whether what we experienced was an anomally or if it has become the norm.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.