GLENVIEW: horrible. a disastrous night

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Default GLENVIEW: horrible. a disastrous night

Eight of us went to Glenview for dinner before a show at savannah this week. We arrived at 6:15 for dinner before a 8:30 show. We were seated at 6:50. After telling the waitress that we had a time constraint she told us the cook was running behind. At 7:55 we were still waiting for our dinners and asked the manager to check on our orders. He told us they were running behind and turned to leave. Our dinners were delivered at 8:15!!!! We were eating, paying the bill, having desserts to go and not happy. But the worst part is the callousness and inability of the manager to even care what we thought! He told us the waitress never informed him of our dilemma. Lie: we told him directly. Why blame the waitress? The next day we called to speak to the manager. Wait for this! He told us it was not his problem but ours! We should have planned better! I'm sorry but 2-1/4 hours for dinner should be enough time. He then told us that we should not go there unless we were a group of four! Believe that? That advice from the manager! Instead of garnering business he was turning it away! he should've simply said sorry, please come back and we will make it right; he lost eight return customers for life! It would've cost him pennies to at least comp our drinks! We have a choice where we eat here in The Villages! We will never go back to Glenview and wanted all of you to know about our experience.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Wow!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

If all you say is accurate, I would have been livid.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Sage

Try Havana, the food sucks but there faster than Glenview. The price you pay for good food in the Villages. We find Glenview and Lopez are by far the best of the country clubs for quality of food.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,547 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boy Howdy.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
Eight of us went to Glenview for dinner before a show at savannah this week. We arrived at 6:15 for dinner before a 8:30 show. We were seated at 6:50. After telling the waitress that we had a time constraint she told us the cook was running behind. At 7:55 we were still waiting for our dinners and asked the manager to check on our orders. He told us they were running behind and turned to leave. Our dinners were delivered at 8:15!!!! We were eating, paying the bill, having desserts to go and not happy. But the worst part is the callousness and inability of the manager to even care what we thought! He told us the waitress never informed him of our dilemma. Lie: we told him directly. Why blame the waitress? The next day we called to speak to the manager. Wait for this! He told us it was not his problem but ours! We should have planned better! I'm sorry but 2-1/4 hours for dinner should be enough time. He then told us that we should not go there unless we were a group of four! Believe that? That advice from the manager! Instead of garnering business he was turning it away! he should've simply said sorry, please come back and we will make it right; he lost eight return customers for life! It would've cost him pennies to at least comp our drinks! We have a choice where we eat here in The Villages! We will never go back to Glenview and wanted all of you to know about our experience.
HE HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR A LONG TIME, THAT'S WHY OUR GRUOP OF UP TO 40 PEOPLE DO NOT GO TO GLENVEIW FOR SUM YEARS, WE WOULD GO IN FOR LUNCH AND BEERS 15 TO 20 GUYS AT A TIMEAFTER GOLF AND COUPLES AT NITE 20-30 PLUS, NO MORE BECAUSE OF HIS TAKE IT OR DON'T COME BACK, WE HAVE NOT BEEN THERE FOR YEARS AND WERE GLAD!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
You have a lot of patience. I would have got the gang together and walked out before 6:50PM, probably at 6:35PM. No doubt they are losing my business also. Cold day in he** if I ever eat there again.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Try Havana, the food sucks but there faster than Glenview. The price you pay for good food in the Villages. We find Glenview and Lopez are by far the best of the country clubs for quality of food.
Id ike to say the food was good - but who knew? between the gulping, indigestion, frustration and attitude it could've been awesome and still been terrible. There's a lot of good food in The Villages without the 'take it or leave it' attitude. We've lived here five years and I guess I'm a slow learner when I read others have gotten smart much sooner! Lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,332 Times in 553 Posts

A restaurant manager should be a "people" person. According to the reports on this thread, you wonder if he is in the wrong job? This type of service can ruin an entire evening.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glenview Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
A restaurant manager should be a "people" person. According to the reports on this thread, you wonder if he is in the wrong job? This type of service can ruin an entire evening.
He is a terrible Manager. I know, really know, the hotel business and I would not give this guy a job washing dishes. We are regulars there because we know so many people who gather in the lounge and also we know the wait staff and they are not happy with him.

The REAL owners of Glenview have a restaurant outside TV and they are the people who need to know that this guy is killing their business.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
We tried Mallory last night and were pleasantly impressed.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM

He can I find the name of the REAL owner?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Does anyone know how I can contact the REAL owner? You're right. He should read this blog.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 AM

Mallory has great pizza. Coincidentally, the owner of Mallory and Glenview is the same person. He also owns 110th Street Grille in Summerfield. Real good food there; very casual and good service.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage

I cannot believe that any group would arrive at 6:15 and sit around without food until 8:15 if they had an 8:30 show. Was no one keeping tabs on the time or was there just too much pre-dinner imbibing going on? The sentence in the OP's post of " It would've cost him pennies to at least comp our drinks!" leads me to think that might have been the case.

In law practice, it is always asked, "What would a reasonable and prudent person do in a given situation?" The reasonable and prudent person would not sit there until 8PM before asking a manager.

Last edited by buggyone; 10-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.