McCalls never again!!

McCalls never again!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Training an employee To abide by the health code laws is probably the most important part of working in the restaurant industry. Reporting him to management is useless, I’m sure posting a negative message on here may impact their business and hopefully it’ll be discussed in their next employee meeting.
I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?

Berks County Pennsylvania

Old 05-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?
And then go stick their hand in the peanuts.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

I agree that it is deplorable, but I bet it happens way more then we realize and we never know it.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Must say, the more years I rack up, the more apprehensive I am about eating out/germs/etc.

Not quite at the 'Howard Hughes' stage, but always in the back of mind. Many times in restaurants I really don't want to use the facilities as they may be grimy and cast mind-issues with overall cleanliness. We do try to use hand sanitizer after handling menus and such. Been very lucky so far - no tummy issues after eating out that we know of.

- we never send food back to the kitchen...you know why.
- do they EVER clean menus.
- dislike how the tables are wiped, and the 'cloth'.
- many more I would rather not discuss

We tend to eat out less often than years ago. And the bonus is we KNOW our ingredients in the meal and care in how it's prepared.

This all said, we are going out for lunch and dinner today, dinner tomorrow, and a few times this week. Time to purchase white gloves...
Old 05-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Maybe he was the dish washer and has his hands in water enough. As the saying goes we are all going to eat a peck of dirt before we die.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage

I really don't spend any time in restrooms watching what people, employees or not, are doing. Makes me kinda wonder.
Further what about the non employee not washing their hands and then touching the door, then what do you do? Oh, I know don't touch the door.
Probably could go on and on...…..
Posting on here hoping your post will hurt their business also makes me kinda wonder.
And by the way had lunch their with 5 friends on Thursday.....are we all going to get sick and die?
Lastly the fried chicken was excellent.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 05-04-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I really don't spend any time in restrooms watching what people, employees or not, are doing. Makes me kinda wonder.
Further what about the non employee not washing their hands and then touching the door, then what do you do? Oh, I know don't touch the door.
Probably could go on and on...…..
Posting on here hoping your post will hurt their business also makes me kinda wonder.
And by the way had lunch their with 5 friends on Thursday.....are we all going to get sick and die?
Excellent points. Sort of like the people using the hand wipes, scrubbing up like they're going into surgery, prior to going in to the grocery stores. They then proceed to touch many surfaces once in the store.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
...These things are taught children in the first five years and now little ones are with caregivers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.
Gracie, dear! First five years? I was potty-trained at 2-1/2 years old. When I was three I started training my friends.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 AM

My husband, retired military, used to work the C and NCO clubs on bases thru-out his career and after retiring. He has always said "never look in the kitchen of ANY restaurant or you will never eat there again". My sister has worked 3 different 5 star restaurants in Pittsburgh over 25 years and she agrees..... don't look at the kitchen. Folks, we have lived long enough to be here at this age after eating in many restaurants in our lives..... we have all lived through it. I don't think it's gonna' get us now!!!
Old 05-04-2019, 11:53 AM

By far, my biggest concern is going into the physician's office, signing in with the pen that every other patient has signed in with...... what brought them to the office???? Then you sit down and pick up a magazine that every other person has been touching..... NO, not me. I carry my own pen and I don't pick up anything any other patient may have touched. Just my old operating room nurse background at work..... Sometime just sit and think what you touch every day of your life and the potential consequences..... then sit back and realize that you have survived it all, lol

Tags
back, week, regularly, 4-5, times