New restaurant coming to Brownwood

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:48 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,078
Thanks: 3
Thanked 557 Times in 236 Posts
Default New restaurant coming to Brownwood

From Daily Sun Facebook page:
"Future dining option in Brownwood! A new restaurant concept called Harvest is planned for this fall. Fred Karimipour, president and CEO of FMK Restaurant Group, leased the restaurant space across the street from FMK's Bluefin Grill & Bar. Harvest will feature a wine bar and fresh, healthy American cuisine menu, featuring produce from The Villages Grown, he said."
  #2  
Old 05-04-2021, 08:32 AM
JerryLBell JerryLBell is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 264 Times in 77 Posts
Default

I remember reading months ago that P.F. Change had optioned that location but then months went by with no action. I wonder if that deal fell through or if it was just and unfounded rumor in the first place. Either way, it'll be good to expand the dining options in Brownwood. And anywhere on S.R. 44 or into the new southern portions of The Villages, for that matter.
  #3  
Old 05-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,055 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
From Daily Sun Facebook page:
"Future dining option in Brownwood! A new restaurant concept called Harvest is planned for this fall. Fred Karimipour, president and CEO of FMK Restaurant Group, leased the restaurant space across the street from FMK's Bluefin Grill & Bar. Harvest will feature a wine bar and fresh, healthy American cuisine menu, featuring produce from The Villages Grown, he said."
Yay! A chemical grown food restaurant!
  #4  
Old 05-04-2021, 09:21 AM
Garywt Garywt is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 629
Thanks: 0
Thanked 480 Times in 182 Posts
Default

So that spot that has been empty since built is going to be used. PF Chang’s backed out awhile ago.
  #5  
Old 05-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Ben Franklin's Avatar
Ben Franklin Ben Franklin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 343
Thanks: 213
Thanked 271 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Darn! I was hoping a good restaurant would have come to TV land. So disappointed.
__________________
Avalon, NJ, Captiva Island, FL, TV Land.
  #6  
Old 05-05-2021, 10:05 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,065
Thanks: 467
Thanked 924 Times in 321 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Darn! I was hoping a good restaurant would have come to TV land. So disappointed.
It is going to be a very nice upscale restaurant.
  #7  
Old 05-05-2021, 10:16 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,684
Thanks: 3,499
Thanked 4,695 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Yay! A chemical grown food restaurant!
You should do a little learning about hydroponics. It's pretty fascinating. Also you might want to brush up on your understanding of chemicals. Here's a mini lesson:

Every single living thing in existence on this and every other planet in the universe is made up of chemicals.

Your average organic banana = chemicals.
The 100% pure pine oil that you rub on your wooden furniture = chemicals.
The all-natural horse manure you get from a horse farm to fertilize your flower beds = chemicals.

What hydroponics does, is isolates those chemicals necessary for plants to grow and thrive, and introduces them into the pods where the plants are growing.

The plants, if planted in an organic garden, would be getting ALL those chemicals anyway through the soil, sunlight, bug and insect excretion, dead bug and insect bits, feces of whatever tracks through the soil that causes proper fertilization and nitrogen content, etc. etc.

So instead of it being haphazard and "let's see if this thing will grow," they create the optimum amount of everything, providing the plants with exactly the same things they would get otherwise, but in a strictly controlled environment where they also get zero of the things that might cause harm to them, or that provides no benefit at all to them.

Same chemicals. Only difference: one is controlled, one is not.
  #8  
Old 05-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,055 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You should do a little learning about hydroponics. It's pretty fascinating. Also you might want to brush up on your understanding of chemicals. Here's a mini lesson:

Every single living thing in existence on this and every other planet in the universe is made up of chemicals.

Your average organic banana = chemicals.
The 100% pure pine oil that you rub on your wooden furniture = chemicals.
The all-natural horse manure you get from a horse farm to fertilize your flower beds = chemicals.

What hydroponics does, is isolates those chemicals necessary for plants to grow and thrive, and introduces them into the pods where the plants are growing.

The plants, if planted in an organic garden, would be getting ALL those chemicals anyway through the soil, sunlight, bug and insect excretion, dead bug and insect bits, feces of whatever tracks through the soil that causes proper fertilization and nitrogen content, etc. etc.

So instead of it being haphazard and "let's see if this thing will grow," they create the optimum amount of everything, providing the plants with exactly the same things they would get otherwise, but in a strictly controlled environment where they also get zero of the things that might cause harm to them, or that provides no benefit at all to them.

Same chemicals. Only difference: one is controlled, one is not.

Been growing things for years, and quite aware of what a manufactured chemical is, as apposed to an organic chemical.
It's the 'controlled' ones that are destroying the soil, not the natural ones.
On many agricultural farms today the soil is dead thanks to the 'controlled' chemicals!
The few left that use organic fertilisers still have soil with life in.
Hydroponics have just got rid of the soil from the equation, and grow in straight chemicals.
I eat it like everyone else, got no choice in many cases, and as fascinating as it may be, I wish I didn't have too.
Thats why I grow as much of my own the non-fascinating way.
  #9  
Old 05-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Ben Franklin's Avatar
Ben Franklin Ben Franklin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 343
Thanks: 213
Thanked 271 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is going to be a very nice upscale restaurant.
I'm not impressed with any of the restaurants this guy has opened. I have nothing against him - don't even know him, but I have been spoiled in the past, and I know what I like. I'll give it a try. I have no expectations though. Maybe I'll be surprised.
__________________
Avalon, NJ, Captiva Island, FL, TV Land.
  #10  
Old 05-05-2021, 11:45 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,065
Thanks: 467
Thanked 924 Times in 321 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
I'm not impressed with any of the restaurants this guy has opened. I have nothing against him - don't even know him, but I have been spoiled in the past, and I know what I like. I'll give it a try. I have no expectations though. Maybe I'll be surprised.
Have you tried BlueFin and ChopHouse?
  #11  
Old 05-06-2021, 07:22 AM
Road-Runner's Avatar
Road-Runner Road-Runner is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Village of Bradford
Posts: 89
Thanks: 128
Thanked 67 Times in 37 Posts
Default

PF Changs would have been an awesome addition, but we'll give the new restaurant a try when it opens, sounds nice.
  #12  
Old 05-06-2021, 08:27 AM
charlieo1126@gmail.com charlieo1126@gmail.com is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,242
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1,348 Times in 514 Posts
Default Don’t bother,He’s probably one of those guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Have you tried BlueFin and ChopHouse?
that eats in buffet restaurants and tries to sneak food out and then bad mouths every restaurant that cost more then $10 to eat
  #13  
Old 05-06-2021, 01:02 PM
Ben Franklin's Avatar
Ben Franklin Ben Franklin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 343
Thanks: 213
Thanked 271 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Have you tried BlueFin and ChopHouse?
Yes, twice, and I was not impressed with either. At Blue Fin I asked for my fish to be cooked a certain way and both tines they cooked it the only way they knew how. It's hard to find a restaurant that has a good chef, especially for cooking fish. The Chop House's cut of filet was nothing to write home about. I can order better cuts from Omaha Steaks.

When I go to a restaurant it isn't a social event for me, but rather a celebration for my palate.
__________________
Avalon, NJ, Captiva Island, FL, TV Land.
  #14  
Old 05-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,272
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,958 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Yes, twice, and I was not impressed with either. At Blue Fin I asked for my fish to be cooked a certain way and both tines they cooked it the only way they knew how. It's hard to find a restaurant that has a good chef, especially for cooking fish. The Chop House's cut of filet was nothing to write home about. I can order better cuts from Omaha Steaks.

When I go to a restaurant it isn't a social event for me, but rather a celebration for my palate.
Did you have that in Captiva Island?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #15  
Old 05-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Ben Franklin's Avatar
Ben Franklin Ben Franklin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 343
Thanks: 213
Thanked 271 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Did you have that in Captiva Island?
Yes. There were some very good restaurants on Sanibel & Captiva. Sunshine Cafe, Moonlight Cafe (before they were sold to someone who was more in love with making money, than with being in love with cooking), Captiva Inn had a 7 course price fix with only two seatings per night (until the same money person bought it and turned it into a mediocre tourist attraction). The Tween Waters Inn had an extremely lovely décor, the walls were all French doors and they had a piano player playing softly. It was very romantic, especially on nights around the full moon.

I believe those days are gone now, gone for a long while, ever since the investment firms and money people have been buying them.
__________________
Avalon, NJ, Captiva Island, FL, TV Land.
Reply

Tags
restaurant, harvest, bar, brownwood, grown

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.