Sonny’s BBQ

Old 05-17-2024, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,409 Times in 5,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
There is another option for BBQ in LSL. This is an unpopular opinion but ......... I LOVE Cody's. They have the best Baby Back Ribs in the area. Yes, I have tried Oakwood ribs and Cody's is on parr if not better than Oakwood. Pass by Cody's and you will get the same aroma of BBQ as Sony's. I never thought Sonny's was all that great. Will not miss Sonny's.
A large group went to Codys about 6 months ago.

Took forever for waitress to take order and than 45 minutes later nothing came out, Asked waitress and she pretty much said not my problem. Found a manager and 15 or so minutes got our food. Ordered unlimited soup and salad, food was good but still waiting for the unlimited part.

Than could not find waitress for checks. We all paid in cash as we did not trust waitress with our cards. She took money never did come back with any change.

Looked around for a manager could not find one and finally we just left all of us deciding never again.

Have seen quite a few of these stories on here and other places.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post

Took forever for waitress to take order and than 45 minutes later nothing came out, Asked waitress and she pretty much said not my problem. Found a manager and 15 or so minutes got our food. Ordered unlimited soup and salad, food was good but still waiting for the unlimited part.

Than could not find waitress for checks. We all paid in cash as we did not trust waitress with our cards. She took money never did come back with any change.

Looked around for a manager could not find one and finally we just left all of us deciding never again.

Yup....post pandemic customer service. The new norm!
Old 05-17-2024, 04:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Yup....post pandemic customer service. The new norm!
We go out to restaurants numerous times a week and have never seen anything remotely like this in the 4 years living here
Old 05-17-2024, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
We go out to restaurants numerous times a week and have never seen anything remotely like this in the 4 years living here
Yours sounds like the perfect scenario for a future Undercover Boss episode!
Old 05-17-2024, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,418 Times in 4,389 Posts

Quote:
Sadly, once @ Cody's, we had a similar experience. We sat for 40 minutes, waiting for a waitress to take our order, then another 40 minutes, waiting for our food.

Yes, they were severely understaffed, and yes, when she finally arrived, the waitress was extremely apologetic.

The burgers were good, the weather and music were nice, so it wasn't a total loss.

The other 2-3 times we've been there, there were ZERO problems...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-17-2024, 07:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Sadly, once @ Cody's, we had a similar experience. We sat for 40 minutes, waiting for a waitress to take our order, then another 40 minutes, waiting for our food.

Yes, they were severely understaffed, and yes, when she finally arrived, the waitress was extremely apologetic.

The burgers were good, the weather and music were nice, so it wasn't a total loss.

The other 2-3 times we've been there, there were ZERO problems...
At least you had an apologetic waitress, given what we had with a nasty useless one turned us off from ever going back
Old 05-17-2024, 08:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
At least you had an apologetic waitress, given what we had with a nasty useless one turned us off from ever going back
If you ever have that issue again...you should keep a bag of coins....preferably pennies in your car (Kramer inspired) and go back in and drop them on the table.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
If you ever have that issue again...you should keep a bag of coins....preferably pennies in your car (Kramer inspired) and go back in and drop them on the table.
Would rather leave some monopoly money
Old 05-19-2024, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:

Which Cody's?
Old 05-19-2024, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Which Cody's?
Lake Sumter
Old 05-23-2024, 12:08 PM
Gold member

I'm not surprised!!! Never was exceptionally busy. Mallory has a full rack of ribs for their specialty, while Sonny's onle had half
Old 05-23-2024, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Went to Sonny’s, admittedly a while back, and the chicken was severely undercooked and the ribs were just baked with sauce poured on. Yuck. Not surprised it’s out of business.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:

In your place, I would have sent dear wife home with friends and gone back to the front desk to introduce myself? Me, "HI! MY NAME IS KAREN, AND I NEED THE MANAGER. NOW! AND HAVE HIM BRING OUR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A WAITRESS! NO, I PREFER TO STAND RIGHT HERE AND TALK TO THESE FOLKS WHO ARE WAITING, ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE TODAY. THIS IS MY INSIDE VOICE! -----". 😠😡🤬👹
Old 05-23-2024, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Lake Sumter
Thanks! Off my list, now.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
In your place, I would have sent dear wife home with friends and gone back to the front desk to introduce myself? Me, "HI! MY NAME IS KAREN, AND I NEED THE MANAGER. NOW! AND HAVE HIM BRING OUR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A WAITRESS! NO, I PREFER TO STAND RIGHT HERE AND TALK TO THESE FOLKS WHO ARE WAITING, ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE TODAY. THIS IS MY INSIDE VOICE! -----". 😠😡🤬👹
Been to a lot of restaurants in our life and do think that was the worst experience we have ever had.'

Perhaps should have gone to a Cody website and told them.

Tags
sonny’s, closing, restaurant, waitress, telling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.