The Sunny Pint Tavern and Eatery newly opened. EXCELLENT

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 02:59 PM

Some good fresh beer and great staff! They're a welcome addition to the area.

Bud and Ultra lovers need not attend...
Old 02-09-2020, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Wow! Never realized how many beer snobs we had. But I'm still amazed people pay to drink Starsucks coffee or spend any amount of time listening to Beatles's music ..... they do call that music.....right? To each his own. Some like vanilla and some like chocolate. I just don't think the new place trying to make it wants to see "Bud and Ultra lovers need not attend..."
Old 02-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Wow! Never realized how many beer snobs we had. But I'm still amazed people pay to drink Starsucks coffee or spend any amount of time listening to Beatles's music ..... they do call that music.....right? To each his own. Some like vanilla and some like chocolate. I just don't think the new place trying to make it wants to see "Bud and Ultra lovers need not attend..."
My favorite beer was Heffenreffer, in the bar bottles with the rebus under the cap. Next was Labatt 50, which was only available for a limited time in Canada. Third was Molson Beer, also only available in Canada at the time (in the States you could get Molson Golden Ale, and I believe Molson dark, at that time). The Molson was served in a glass with a pinch of salt sprinkled on top of the foam.

Those were the only beers I would ever drink. Never really learned to appreciate the taste of it.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

I have been a homebrewer for over 20 years, so my wife and I visit a LOT of breweries/tap houses all over Florida. We wanted to try Sunny Pints, so we headed over yesterday... it was Sunday, and it was Sunny, so it fit right into how they named the restaurant!

First - this is not a brewery - it is a Tap House. They don't brew any beer, but do carry a huge selection of craft beers - many from Florida! The concept is great, but I found that the actual implementation falls a little short.

I agree with a previous poster - the beer prices are far more than any other brewery/tap house in the area. Many beers are $8 or $9 a pint. At those prices I would expect to order at my table, but you need to go the front and order your own.

The menu is very limited right now, but it is a soft opening. We each had a flat bread and they were excellent... however, each flat bread is $12. My wife and I each had a flat bread and a 9 oz beer, and it cost me a little over $38 with tip.

At these prices, I fear for the long term health of this place - we were there at prime time for dinner and there was one other group of 4 folks there.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Was the group of 4 you saw splitting a sandwich 4 ways?
Old 02-10-2020, 11:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
I have been a homebrewer for over 20 years, so my wife and I visit a LOT of breweries/tap houses all over Florida. We wanted to try Sunny Pints, so we headed over yesterday... it was Sunday, and it was Sunny, so it fit right into how they named the restaurant!

First - this is not a brewery - it is a Tap House. They don't brew any beer, but do carry a huge selection of craft beers - many from Florida! The concept is great, but I found that the actual implementation falls a little short.

I agree with a previous poster - the beer prices are far more than any other brewery/tap house in the area. Many beers are $8 or $9 a pint. At those prices I would expect to order at my table, but you need to go the front and order your own.

The menu is very limited right now, but it is a soft opening. We each had a flat bread and they were excellent... however, each flat bread is $12. My wife and I each had a flat bread and a 9 oz beer, and it cost me a little over $38 with tip.

At these prices, I fear for the long term health of this place - we were there at prime time for dinner and there was one other group of 4 folks there.
I was thinking about giving this new Sunny Pint a try for lunch and a "craft" pint but with those prices count me out.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
I don't understand your post. Were you just being snarky, or have you been there and this is your review?
More like uppity or Toplofty
Old 02-10-2020, 02:08 PM
Sage

Never been a beer drinker--volume vs distance to a "head" too much trouble--most DUI's--"only had 2 beers"
Will stick with good vodka & good scotch--this way I know what I'm consuming --alcohol wise
Old 02-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,692 Times in 5,235 Posts

It seems to me that people who drink a lot of beer are always looking for happy hours and low prices. So, if you have high beer prices, you are going to lose your best potential customers.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:27 PM

Went here for lunch today, good food and selection of brews. Will certainly return.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Nice play for some good beers, not fancy atmosphere but a nice change.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems to me that people who drink a lot of beer are always looking for happy hours and low prices. So, if you have high beer prices, you are going to lose your best potential customers.
Craft beer drinkers don't mind spending for great beers but this place is charging a couple more dollars a pint than World of Beer for the exact same beer. I was hoping they would carry beers you don't really find at World of Beer but their selection of beers is rather mundane and ordinary. No waitress service and the bartenders seemed uneducated about beer. They need to hire a craft beer professional (Cicerone) to bartend and do the ordering.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:17 PM

I called the other day to inquire about their menu. No online menu yet. Woman told me they have a "limited menu." No seafood or fish. Flatbread doesn't cut it for me. Will wait till menu expands
Old 02-17-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage

Again-take away the BEER what's to eat--why go out to spend three times - for beer you can buy @ Fresh Market and NO risk of a DUI

It's not $2.00 happy happy hour !!
Old 02-17-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,692 Times in 5,235 Posts

I wish them luck, but it sounds like they may have a flawed business plan. With World of Beer located around the corner and offering everything they offer and more for lower prices, how do they expect to compete?
Closed Thread

Tags
sunny, great, pint, addition, veggies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.