Potential Single Resident

Old 04-11-2024, 11:18 AM

Before you settle on a location check the location and the ease of access to shopping ie grocery, gas, health, restaurants and such. We're glad we chose easy and short distance access to these and amenities as well. Especially for golf if you golf. The southern villages pretty much lacks all of this but they do have more varied aminities.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I hope you like older women because I don't think you will find many women in your age group. There are lots of widows in their late 60's and 70's, but very few unattached women who are under 60. I would suggest you attend a few singles group activities.
Not true. My daughter is in his age group and has met many others through pickleball and the gym and just walking her dog.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

I have heard that taking out a billfold with lots of dollars will attract a certain type of female/

Old 04-15-2024, 07:07 AM

I am a single 60-year-old female, but I’m told I look more like 50. I’ve been in The villages for two years now and I live in the original Orange Blossom area. Not sure what the facts are, but here is my opinion: I would guess the people in my area are average age of near 80 years old. as you move further south, the people get younger. My hobby is real estate so I enjoy doing the research. I have bought a lot and am building a house in the new Eastport area. I’ve met With my new neighbors once and they are around 55 years old. I think we’re all old people, but I would prefer to live with the younger old people in the south. From what I’ve seen over the last two years 80% of the people in the villages are married or living together. There’s not a lot of singles, especially in the late 50s age group. There are definitely more single women than men. You probably have a ratio of one to 10, which is good for you. God sent me wonderful man who is 68 yrs old and we’re getting married late summer and living in Moultrie Creek. My advice is to move to the new Eastport area where the younger people are.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,389 Times in 2,523 Posts

I would stay single, but available, and let all the widows feed me.

Tags
potential, dive, recommendation, see/do, immersion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.