Warning - direct tv

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I'm sorry you are having problems with DirectTV but, I would have 2nd thoughts about changing to Comcast!!

I'm in Michigan and we have Comcast for cable, internet and phone. For the last month, we have lost both our phone and internet several times a day. I had to hit the reset button on the modem atleast 3 or more times a day to get them to work. I think the 4th tech may have finally solved the problem. At least, our service hasn't gone out for a week! We just got our latest bill. Even though we pay an additional charge every month for any wiring issues, they still charged us $60 for the service calls. That charge doesn't include the last two techs that came out!

A couple of days after the techs last left our house, my aunt called. She has the same service with Comcast that we have! Her internet just went out for the 2nd time in a week. When I talked to the tech for her, they told us it was a wireless issue! You got it! It was an additional $39.95 setup fee and I think it was an additional $5.95 monthly fee for wireless support. She said ok, since she wanted her internet! Then they asked her if she wanted her internet to run faster. If so, that monthly support was another additional charge. I will say the wireless tech was in Stuart, Florida and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

So, needless to say, we are really frustrated with Comcast right now!
So sorry, that's really taking advantage. It reminds me when I was in Virginia and I needed someone to check my pool's automatic cover and the man charged me a gas trip charge on top of the service call charge. A trip gas charge , it's not like I can bring the cover to him. This is his business, this is what he does, he goes to peoples houses to fix the covers and he has the nerve to charge a trip cost...That's like us asking Publix to reimburse us for shopping at there store... Anyway I politely told him what I thought of his gas trip charge and deducted it from the bill.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
C'mon Bill!! You can too speak to them. They just won't speak back.
There's the problem I run into............they DO speak back to me........doo-dee-doo-do.......

Bill
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
There's the problem I run into............they DO speak back to me........doo-dee-doo-do.......

Bill
Uh - OH!!!

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages View Post
Understand about the storms - but - my problem has been going on for several months. Started out going out 1/week - then 2/week - now it's up to 3-4 per day. Sometimes only a minute or 2 - but other times greater than 1/2 hour or more. I'm not getting what I'm paying for.
I'm sure you have checked but is the dish pionted in the correct SW direction to receive a clear signal and make sure there are no bushes, trees light standards, etc blocking the view.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Veteran member

Have Directv and love it. Had Comcast and got rid of them due to Cust Serv and loosing cable when Lighting strikes.
The grass is not greener on the other side. They all have their own issues. kinda like the battle between Ford and Chevy or AT&T and SPrint, or Apple or Dell. Same thing just different name.
Like I said, I would not go back to Comcast just due to my own dealings with them and not due to what someone else has said.

I do know this, my neighbor has been with out his Comcast last 2 days due to lighting strikes. He was told it must have hit his cable. They have to come out and redo his cable. They are suppose to be out their today. So we will see.
Can not do anything about mother nature!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM

I was sold on DirecTV until I moved down here. Up north, the cable companies were Time Warner and Armstrong. Not very good..hence the change first to Dish, then DirecTV. I had them install when I came here, and was promised the NFL Sunday ticket, which I never got. Called last week asking when my contract was up (they didn't want to tell me) and they made MORE promises. To make a long story shorter, they sent a repairman out (waived the $50 charge). He did tests and said everything was ok. However, it's the box that was freezing up, which he did not address. I started checking around for other services, and found out I could get Prism and 10mg internet for the same price I was paying DirecTV. Yes, my contract with DirecTV did expire, so I'm having Prism installed this weekend.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley

Last edited by rhredd1654; 09-05-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Do you have HDTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages View Post
Hi folks - I used to recommend Direct TV but WARNING - my service goes out 3-4 times a day. I called and for them to fix THEIR problem, they want to charge me $49.95 for a service call. Stay with cable. I made a BIG mistake and now need to get my attorney to get me out of their contract.
I have heard that Losing your signal is worse if you have HDTV. I guess there are more good reasons to not spend the extra money.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.