Getting Pork Chops tender?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Gold member
Talking Getting Pork Chops tender?

What do you marinate pork chops in, to make them nice and tender/
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage

I brine them overnight in 4 cups water, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup sugar. It doesn't exactly make them tender (the days of tender pork with some fat are gone) but it does make them a bit tastier.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage

Buy the pork chops at Sam's Club. Tender and juicy from the start, and grille them on medium heat after searing them a bit on high to seal the juices in.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Overcooking pork over high heat tends to make it tough. Short and sweet for chops, low and slow for pork roast.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Coke or Pepsi. Works great for steaks too. Plenty of recipes if you Google Coke Pork Chop Marinade...better yet, let me google it for you
Old 06-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Here is a recipe that makes the most flavorful and tender pork chops you will ever eat. Follow the recipe exactly (do not add a second can of mushroom soup to add more gravy, it will change the browning). There will be plenty gravy. Serve it with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Baked pork chops

Ingredients
6 pork chops
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 egg, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup white wine
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

There used to be a steakhouse in Stevensville, Mi and their "secret" marinade was soy sauce and apple juice 50/50. Can't say I ever tried it, but their food was outstanding.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Sage

Gluten-free soy sauce...marinade them for several hours then grill them. Oh.so.good!!

Another way...brown them in a stick of butter, place in a covered baking pan with the butter drippings and place in oven at 325* for an hour. They should be tender and tasty.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Here is a recipe that makes the most flavorful and tender pork chops you will ever eat. Follow the recipe exactly (do not add a second can of mushroom soup to add more gravy, it will change the browning). There will be plenty gravy. Serve it with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Baked pork chops

Ingredients
6 pork chops
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 egg, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup white wine
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
Tried your chop recipe. Great
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,907 Times in 3,713 Posts

Quote:
Mine is simple.............Italian Dressing over night.

If you are grilling, and they are "bone in", stand them on the bone for cooking.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
There used to be a steakhouse in Stevensville, Mi and their "secret" marinade was soy sauce and apple juice 50/50. Can't say I ever tried it, but their food was outstanding.
Was that Win Schuler's?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Due to the "fat free" mania, Pork is being bred to be the new white meat and the new pigs have far less fat. Whether we like it or not, fat is a tenderizer - you are never going to get really good pork again until the breeders go back to raising pork the old fashioned way, and while we all want fat free everything that is not going to happen.

Pork in Europe is still raised in the old way. The chops have a thick edging of fat with rind which becomes crackling ...................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-25-2014, 03:52 PM

I think the biggest problem is overcooking, leaves them dry and tough. They are done long before the turn a nice caramel color.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 PM

I buy pork chops at The Fresh Market, and they come out juicy without marinating or brining. Quick sear then slow, covered, in the oven. Though I love Publix, their pork chops just become too dry no matter what I do.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Gold member

I have the best luck with pork chops from Winn Dixie and personally the key to tender chops is when buying, touch each chop lightly and if the chops feel soft versus firm then the chops should be tender. We just grilled some the other day they were excellent. Also, a good rule of thumb is to remove from grill ( don't overcook) and let set for about 3 or 4 minutes to set the juices.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.