What's for dinner?

Old 03-15-2024, 04:53 AM

Twinkies and Beer
Old 03-15-2024, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,479 Times in 2,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm going to make a seven-layer salad (from the original Three Rivers Cookbook) but would like to substitute something for the layer of peas. It's lettuce, spinach, bacon, peas, red onion, mayo, Swiss cheese. Any suggestions?
Wife and I like grated Celeriac with salad, and beetroot
t
Old 03-15-2024, 06:42 AM
Location: Baton Rouge Louisiana now the Village of Chitty Chatty
Default Rice cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Baked salmon with coarse black pepper and salt, on lemon slices, steamed broccoli and brown rice. Simple and fast, rice is made in rice cooker - total preparation time is less than 5 minutes. Cooking time; salmon and broccoli 12 minutes at the same time. Brown rice takes 2 hours at gaba setting (reason for slow cooking is to preserve the taste and rice cooker holds it warm all, day so you can start the rice at breakfast) and I order only the best tasting Nishiki rice from Amazon as you don’t have to add any condiments, gravy, or anything to this rice.

Oh, and the wine is Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (Napa). Both the rice and the wine are from California.
That sounds delicious! Which rice cooker do you have ? I am looking for a smaller one for two people and don’t know which one to get ! Thank you
Old 03-15-2024, 06:43 AM
Default jacksonla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
Another forum I was on had this same thread and it turned out to be kinda fun and informative.... looking for ideas for the weekly menu.

Share recipe if you'd like please!

Tonight I think it will just be homemade hummus on rice cracker.

What's cookin' at YOUR house?
Chicken Parmesan. My husband made a nice sauce with a 4 oz. can of tomato sauce, onions, garlic, dried Italian herbs, and a dash of red pepper flakes. I thin sliced one large chicken breast, dipped in egg wash and then breadcrumbs. Sauté the breasts in olive oil. Put a bit of shredded mozzarella on the bottom (so the chicken won't stick to dish) of a glass baking dish. Lay the lightly cooked chicken on top, pour the sauce all over. Top with more mozzarella and some grated parmesan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes till lightly browned and bubbly. These huge breasts make four servings senior sized.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:04 AM
Default What’s For Dinner

We eat out a few times a week but this week we made (he’s a great sous chef) a Cobb Salad, two varieties of chicken wings; one was teriyaki and the other was a ginger/orange/garlic glaze and a shrimp pizza c zucchini, roasted garlic, greens and cheeses. Planning on baked chicken thighs accompanied by corn on the cob and sauteed brussel sprouts for tonight. Happy Friday everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	103327   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	103328   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	103329   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	103330  
Old 03-15-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Peanut butter and bologna sammiches with ruffles on the side (when I'm feeling frisky I put a few ruffles on the samich too).
I like grape jelly instead of peanut butter. But ruffles is a must and I always put the chips on the sandwich! Yum!
Old 03-15-2024, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolson View Post
I like grape jelly instead of peanut butter. But ruffles is a must and I always put the chips on the sandwich! Yum!
You should try grape jelly on a McDonalds sausage McMuffin (I think they sell for about $7.50 each these days)
Old 03-15-2024, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB56 View Post
We eat out a few times a week but this week we made (he’s a great sous chef) a Cobb Salad, two varieties of chicken wings; one was teriyaki and the other was a ginger/orange/garlic glaze and a shrimp pizza c zucchini, roasted garlic, greens and cheeses. Planning on baked chicken thighs accompanied by corn on the cob and sauteed brussel sprouts for tonight. Happy Friday everyone!
Like what you did with the Cobb. It looks like an Italian antipasto from a place up north I frequent. All looks good
Old 03-15-2024, 08:16 AM

Egg roll in a bowl with egg drop soup.

Quote:
Another forum I was on had this same thread and it turned out to be kinda fun and informative.... looking for ideas for the weekly menu.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:27 AM

Last night we had company and I made shrimp scampi using Argentina Reds, over thin pasta, spinach and walnut salad, hot crusty rolls. Dessert was peaches and ice cream. The peaches are from Sam's bottled in Spain and they are delicious. Pinot Grigio.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:36 AM
Default Dinner

Quote:

Pancakes with bacon and jalapenos mixed in with spiced maple syrup.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,051 Times in 1,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetH View Post
That sounds delicious! Which rice cooker do you have ? I am looking for a smaller one for two people and don’t know which one to get ! Thank you
Zoyirushi rice cooker. The “fuzzy” version. We tried several brands this one does everything and is easy to use. I think husband got it on Amazon.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupfgirl View Post
Egg roll in a bowl with egg drop soup.
Homemade? That sounds really good!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:05 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

Sounds delicious! I am going to try your recipe. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonla View Post
Chicken Parmesan. My husband made a nice sauce with a 4 oz. can of tomato sauce, onions, garlic, dried Italian herbs, and a dash of red pepper flakes. I thin sliced one large chicken breast, dipped in egg wash and then breadcrumbs. Sauté the breasts in olive oil. Put a bit of shredded mozzarella on the bottom (so the chicken won't stick to dish) of a glass baking dish. Lay the lightly cooked chicken on top, pour the sauce all over. Top with more mozzarella and some grated parmesan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes till lightly browned and bubbly. These huge breasts make four servings senior sized.
Sounds good but I would need triple sauce even just for one !!!

Tags
cookin, house, tonight, share, homemade

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.