65 years old. Aches and Pains- Everything hurts after exersion

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
This may not be popular. But, reduce sugar. If possible, eliminate it from your diet. It causes inflammation throughout your body, in your arteries which makes plaque stick, in joints, etc. It raises your insulin which ultimately contributes to most organ failures. Watch Dr Jason Fung's videos on YouTube regarding low sugar diet and intermittent fasting.
Not a bad idea. Fasting will recharge your batteries and make you feel younger. I seem to have a propensity for it. I stop eating around 3pm every day, and eat nothing until 7am breakfast the following morning. That’s a daily 16-hour fast which gives the body time to digest and cleanse. I also do a five-day fast a few times a year. Helps me fight the battle of the bulge.

I also take Turmeric/Curcumin capsules daily, which I believe are a more natural and less toxic way to relieve one’s arthritis (than NSAIDs).

Age 70, play tennis three times a week, golf twice, square dancing one or two nights, cycle and walk often. Feeling great (knock on wood).

Favorite Henny Youngman Joke:

Doc: I want you to give up smoking, drinking and sex.
Patient: If I do that doc, will I live longer?
Doc: No, but it will seem like that.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
My wife and I are both 64. We have never done much exercise- but we do go out dancing on weekends. The day after dancing Everything Hurts. We are doing a lot of work to prepare our Mass. home for sale- digging holes, repairing the deck, moving heavy objects, etc. We've been doing these things nearly ever day for 1-6 hours per day for the past year. Every night we are really stiff and sore- and the next morning we are really still stiff and sore. I figured because we do hard word nearly every day, all this post work soreness would eventually go away as our muscles got used to the work- nope... still full of aches and pains.

I said all that to ask this. Are there a lot of people here who can relate to all of these aches and pains? Does Everything Hurt after you exert yourself?

Thanks!
Sounds like a rhetorical question.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, aches, pains, work, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.