Always Fun in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2021, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,207 Times in 570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmcbryan View Post
Country Club Courses are private property. No access unless playing paid for golf.
Executive courses belong to the District, access is allowed. On the other hand walking running biking on those course can only be done when golfers are not out there, not very common except after full darkness.
You must have missed the threads from people who live next to executive golf courses about non golfers on the courses after hours. There might be people out there , but they are trespassing too, or so I'm told.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

It's called a sport. You catch a ball and throw it back too.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Boom! We love it here. Thank you Villages Developers.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,975 Times in 2,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
He probably didnt approach him very nicely and besides, is the world ending because someone is fishing in a no fishing area? Its not where someone launched a boat and brought 15 friends. Find something more important to poke your nose into

Agree, I see crap against rules about everyday. I’m in no position of legal authority and not worth arguing over or risk fist fight. Let people of authority uphold rules.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Why signs, with golf balls flying around who in there right mind would want to fish, besides if they allowed fishing who would be liable if someone got hit with a golf ball on a GOLF COURSE, the person fishing. It’s TV golf course & it’s up to them to allow fishing or not. To me it doesn’t make any sense to put up signs when it’s a golf course not a fishing hole. I don’t fish or play golf. All I’m saying is there’s lots of places to fish instead of making a golf course your private fishing hole!
Well, it wouldn’t be the golfer’s
Old 03-30-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlerperkins@gmail.com View Post
2021 0329 Monday @ 12:46
Pray tell, why would anyone want to fish in a pond that assuredly receives runoff from the golf course greens? The fertilizers, the pesticides, etc. surely would be enough of a deterrent.
Majority fish for the sport and don’t keep the fish to eat, especially retention pond and on golf courses. It’s called catch and release which in rule in ALL villages water retention ponds.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmcbryan View Post
Country Club Courses are private property. No access unless playing paid for golf.
Executive courses belong to the District, access is allowed. On the other hand walking running biking on those course can only be done when golfers are not out there, not very common except after full darkness.
You are so, so wrong about the Exec's
Old 03-30-2021, 02:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Just another form of the free entertainment one may get here in TV.
My favorites are the work crews (mostly landscape, mowers) who use the restrooms at the neighborhood pools to WASH themselves, including their FEET (have some pix of 3 in rest room at same time as they come our barefoot carrying their BOOTS ! Also saw group jump from back of a pickup and do same thing at pool across from Arnold Palmer restaurant. Often swim in Ashland neighborhood pool after dinner and before it closes, often no one else there. Back a few months, last fall, woman comes into pool area with work scrubs on. Didn't come in golf cart, came in fairly old model of Toyota. Went into restroom, removed scrubs, put on swim suit, and walked to shower. I was thinking WOW, someone actually is courteous enough to SHOWER before using our community pools as bath tubs, good for her, seldom see that ! But no, she got out body wash and shampoo and proceeded to take an entire body shower AND wash her hair.... soap running off all over..... as some on here always say, "trying to understand some people is like trying to smell a color or a number !" Homeless ? Living in that car ? Doubt it, the scrubs and name tag (didn't get a look, I was swimming laps since pool was empty) made it obvious she had a job. Maybe it saves on water bill to just use Villages facilities like the workers I see doing same thing quite often really.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
My favorites are the work crews (mostly landscape, mowers) who use the restrooms at the neighborhood pools to WASH themselves, including their FEET (have some pix of 3 in rest room at same time as they come our barefoot carrying their BOOTS ! Also saw group jump from back of a pickup and do same thing at pool across from Arnold Palmer restaurant..
There is no pool at Palmer
Old 03-30-2021, 03:12 PM
Default why be so judgmental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
My favorites are the work crews (mostly landscape, mowers) who use the restrooms at the neighborhood pools to WASH themselves, including their FEET (have some pix of 3 in rest room at same time as they come our barefoot carrying their BOOTS ! Also saw group jump from back of a pickup and do same thing at pool across from Arnold Palmer restaurant. Often swim in Ashland neighborhood pool after dinner and before it closes, often no one else there. Back a few months, last fall, woman comes into pool area with work scrubs on. Didn't come in golf cart, came in fairly old model of Toyota. Went into restroom, removed scrubs, put on swim suit, and walked to shower. I was thinking WOW, someone actually is courteous enough to SHOWER before using our community pools as bath tubs, good for her, seldom see that ! But no, she got out body wash and shampoo and proceeded to take an entire body shower AND wash her hair.... soap running off all over..... as some on here always say, "trying to understand some people is like trying to smell a color or a number !" Homeless ? Living in that car ? Doubt it, the scrubs and name tag (didn't get a look, I was swimming laps since pool was empty) made it obvious she had a job. Maybe it saves on water bill to just use Villages facilities like the workers I see doing same thing quite often really.
I don't understand the need to be so judgmental. And the various references to things that supposedly deem others as "undesirable" -- i.e. came in a fairly late model Toyota -- oh, the horror of that (sarcasm) -- So what if a landscape worker uses the restroom, so what if they want to wash their feet, so what if they want to put on a bathing suit and wash off under a shower -- maybe it is as simple as wanting to get the things they come in contact with while doing landscaping work off their skin as soon as possible so it doesn't irritate -- why is an assumption of homelessness and too cheap to pay for their water bill come to mind first? They are people and they are keeping our community beautiful -- humans sometimes need to use a restroom. Geez. Give them a break.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:10 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCat View Post
I don't understand the need to be so judgmental. And the various references to things that supposedly deem others as "undesirable" -- i.e. came in a fairly late model Toyota -- oh, the horror of that (sarcasm) -- So what if a landscape worker uses the restroom, so what if they want to wash their feet, so what if they want to put on a bathing suit and wash off under a shower -- maybe it is as simple as wanting to get the things they come in contact with while doing landscaping work off their skin as soon as possible so it doesn't irritate -- why is an assumption of homelessness and too cheap to pay for their water bill come to mind first? They are people and they are keeping our community beautiful -- humans sometimes need to use a restroom. Geez. Give them a break.
Well, they are neither residents or guests. So I suppose rules never apply, to anything.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,207 Times in 570 Posts

Washing your feet in a sink meant for hands is indeed gross and crosses the line.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,306 Times in 564 Posts

Bottom line, no one really knows the Rules!
Old 03-30-2021, 08:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I don't see the point of spending hours to catch fish that you have to throw back. What am I missing?

kathy
Sport
Old 03-31-2021, 06:10 AM

My guess is no.
Closed Thread

Tags
pond, guys, fishing, glenview, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.