Any Chance That Golf Carts Could Be Banned?

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
My understanding is that carts are allowed on streets in TV because of a special waiver/exemption in the vehicle code passed by the legislature. As mentioned above, previously carts were only allowed in daylight hours. If the legislature can allow carts on streets, it can also ban them. All it would take is for someone to decide to sue declaring that the state/county/locality created an unsafe situation that resulted in injury (the Morse bridge crossing) and our use of carts could be examined and revoked. Think of the buffalo situation.

I would expect the political clout of the Morse's and the importance of TV to Sumter county would prevent that, but you just don't know.

Bottom line is to be careful out there with carts. They're not toys. And for those who get a thrill from their 35 mph carts, you just might kill the golden goose.
Well said.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Since it is just opinions, I'll give mine. Ban golf carts? Never. They will eventually require insurance, tags, registration, decals, inspections...whatever localities can think of to generate revenue. I believe that is why there are so many stats collected on golf carts. Just remember, I told you so.
Also well said and thought before said.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Default TV Golf Cart Safety Meeting

I would highly recommend everyone go to the above meeting offered by TV, which is free of charge. There are also police officers present at the meeting that answer questions regarding golf cart laws, etc.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannej View Post
I would highly recommend everyone go to the above meeting offered by TV, which is free of charge. There are also police officers present at the meeting that answer questions regarding golf cart laws, etc.
When and where?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Lot of accidents with cars did they ban those
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Please no more talk of having a license to drive a golf cart. This is just plain silly. Would your auto drivers license be good enough. This is a very safe place to drive your cart. If you are having problems in your cart maybe its your fault.We do not need studies to tell us where accidents have taken place. Everyone just drive defensive and you will not have any problem. Just what we need here "special license to drive a cart or a bike or under 50 cc motorcycle. Watch what you ask for.
I'm curious .... what makes you think that people who are driving golf carts have valid driver's licenses?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Sage

Don't need a driver's license to drive a golf cart, but you do need one to drive a street legal golf cart. Not sure with all the traffic, I'd want to be driving in automobile and truck lanes.

Remember all, Never say Never...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm curious .... what makes you think that people who are driving golf carts have valid driver's licenses?
Good question. Canadian DLs valid in the USA?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Please no more talk of having a license to drive a golf cart. This is just plain silly. Would your auto drivers license be good enough. This is a very safe place to drive your cart. If you are having problems in your cart maybe its your fault.We do not need studies to tell us where accidents have taken place. Everyone just drive defensive and you will not have any problem. Just what we need here "special license to drive a cart or a bike or under 50 cc motorcycle. Watch what you ask for.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Sage

One of the previous posters said that golf carts may someday require inspections, decals, insurance, tags, etc.

I would heartily suggest you do have insurance on your golf cart. Have an accident with your golf cart without insurance and you will be up the creek without a paddle. Your homeowner insurance or car insurance does not pay for damages with your golf cart. Injure someone and you could end up losing everything you worked for.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
....... I would heartily suggest you do have insurance on your golf cart. Have an accident with your golf cart without insurance and you will be up the creek without a paddle. Your homeowner insurance or car insurance does not pay for damages with your golf cart. Injure someone and you could end up losing everything you worked for.
Getting an "umbrella policy" through your insurance company wouldn't be a bad idea either. Provides additional liability coverage above and beyond what your various policies on your home, cars, golf cart, etc. have. Could really save your bacon in some cases!!

Bill
Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,430 Times in 2,425 Posts

Why didn't someone announce that silly season had started???
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why didn't someone announce that silly season had started???
Have we all turned into blithering idiots that need to be ruled and legislated in our every action and activity? How in the world have us Villagers managed to live so long and so well without all the useless laws and regulations that will be passed tomorrow or the next day? Wrap me in bubble wrap and guide my every step so that I can exercise no risk, no caution, no common sense!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Have we all turned into blithering idiots that need to be ruled and legislated in our every action and activity? How in the world have us Villagers managed to live so long and so well without all the useless laws and regulations that will be passed tomorrow or the next day? Wrap me in bubble wrap and guide my every step so that I can exercise no risk, no caution, no common sense!
Yes, yes, yes...........thank you so much. I didn't know how to express the wonder that I had to all of these postings of people who crave more supervision of their lives. You've expressed my feelings brilliantly.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Default Golf cart ban

Golf carts will be banned when the Morse family register as Democrats!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.