Arc approval seems to be flawed

Old 06-08-2024, 07:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Arc approval seems to be flawed

Unfortunately, the ARC approval is flawed greatly.
Not only that Village homes are sold out of compliance and then
become a costly problems to the new homeowner to bring it into compliance, there are no checks and balances. The landscapers help the homeowners submit a permit so it is properly written in the permit for approval then it is the wild wild west in installation, which doesn't meet the ARC approval or the deed restrictions of the District. Landscapers do not have to be licensed under DBPR in Florida and the permit is done in the property owners name and the property owner suffers the consequences!
ARC needs to have an inspection process after the ARC permit is approved and the changes are made to the property. Instead, it puts neighbors in a feud with each other and in my opinion, it becomes selective enforcement when a complaint is filed when neighbors complain, in my opinion! This is not complaint driven as we are told, (complete NONSENSE) The Business model of Villa*e P*lm was draw it correctly and we will put it in the way you want in spite of the encroachment to the adjacent neighbor’s property.
Beware of Wendy and Bill's shenanigans, i have had to deal with these Je*ks for over ten years with the neighbors that have encroached my property repeatedly, if i didn't stop them over the years they would of come into my property, BEWARE of this behavior before going forward with any improvements!
Old 06-08-2024, 07:49 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,540 Times in 1,510 Posts

Not enough homework. They DO inspections when the work is completed. I had them here twice, once for hard-scapes and the other after my lanai enclosure was completed. They found one issue with the enclosure that I had to have corrected everything else was fine. I think they do a great job if you follow procedures.
Old 06-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,576 Times in 1,940 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
become a costly problems to the new homeowner to bring it into compliance, there are no checks and balances. The landscapers help the homeowners submit a permit so it is properly written in the permit for approval then it is the wild wild west in installation, which doesn't meet the ARC approval or the deed restrictions of the District. Landscapers do not have to be licensed under DBPR in Florida and the permit is done in the property owners name and the property owner suffers the consequences!
ARC needs to have an inspection process after the ARC permit is approved and the changes are made to the property. Instead, it puts neighbors in a feud with each other and in my opinion, it becomes selective enforcement when a complaint is filed when neighbors complain, in my opinion! This is not complaint driven as we are told, (complete NONSENSE) The Business model of Villa*e P*lm was draw it correctly and we will put it in the way you want in spite of the encroachment to the adjacent neighbor’s property.
Beware of Wendy and Bill's shenanigans, i have had to deal with these Je*ks for over ten years with the neighbors that have encroached my property repeatedly, if i didn't stop them over the years they would of come into my property, BEWARE of this behavior before going forward with any improvements!
Not all people follow the rules. Not all people seek ARC approval. Not all people have good taste.

Your post is a valid vote for anonymous reporting.

Not all complaints are found to be enforceable.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not all people follow the rules. Not all people seek ARC approval. Not all people have good taste.

Your post is a valid vote for anonymous reporting.

Not all complaints are found to be enforceable.
So true but there are so many people that do not know that this is a game homeowners and landscapers play to get what they want. The District board is overwhelmed with this kind of stuff especially on a volunteer basis that the district supervisor work for.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,018 Times in 390 Posts

Sounds more like a bitchfest against your neighbors than anything ARC has done wrong
Old 06-08-2024, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Sounds more like a bitchfest against your neighbors than anything ARC has done wrong
You have your right to your opinion but this happens all over the villages and especially throughout adjacent villages, this is what promotes Trolls my friend! Some districts stopped Anonymous complaints which puts people in danger of retaliation.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,304 Times in 5,491 Posts

I think the homeowner should suffer the consequences for violating the deed restrictions, not the contractor. That is why the homeowner should apply for the ARC permit and not depend on the contractor to do it.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,205 Times in 2,618 Posts

Just be glad you don’t live up street from me . In court yard villa with one car garage they got 2 golf carts, three vehicles, and work van and can’t get NONE in garage. Parked on street and in front yard in rocks. Only thing missing is on up on Jack stands.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,709 Times in 2,193 Posts

Quote:
So true but there are so many people that do not know that this is a game homeowners and landscapers play to get what they want. The District board is overwhelmed with this kind of stuff especially on a volunteer basis that the district supervisor work for.
Who are the volunteers that are overwhelmed?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-08-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,205 Times in 2,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think the homeowner should suffer the consequences for violating the deed restrictions, not the contractor. That is why the homeowner should apply for the ARC permit and not depend on the contractor to do it.
IMO agree but contractors should be burned also especially the ones that don’t submit for arc approval. IMO most yards don’t have that much to work with anyway due to the easement restrictions. I also think there should be statute of limitations, can’t come back after 20 years say it’s out of compliance especially after it been sold.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Who are the volunteers that are overwhelmed?
i was under the impression the supervisors on the board for each district where not paid but were voted in?
Old 06-08-2024, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,709 Times in 2,193 Posts

Quote:
i was under the impression the supervisors on the board for each district where not paid but were voted in?
I believe they receive some minimal compensation for their time - maybe $250/month.

The CDD supervisors have very little to do with ARC approval or investigations. The CDD supervisors only become involved if a homeowner fails to correct an issue after being contacted by Community Standards. I don't remember the last public hearing about a violation in my District. There cannot be more than a handful each year.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-08-2024, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO agree but contractors should be burned also especially the ones that don’t submit for arc approval. IMO most yards don’t have that much to work with anyway due to the easement restrictions. I also think there should be statute of limitations, can’t come back after 20 years say it’s out of compliance especially after it been sold.
Apparently statute of limitations applies to HOA's, not sure why not here.

statute-of-limitations-waiver-and-covenant-enforcement | news-journalonline.com.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,715 Times in 1,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Not enough homework. They DO inspections when the work is completed. I had them here twice, once for hard-scapes and the other after my lanai enclosure was completed. They found one issue with the enclosure that I had to have corrected everything else was fine. I think they do a great job if you follow procedures.
Wouldn’t the enclosure be from county’s permit department?
Old 06-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Not a big fan of ‘neighbor on neighbor’ anonymous reporting. I believe in ....the accused has a right to know/meet his/her accuser. In civil matters like this, it eliminates neighbors pointing fingers at the wrong parties. These are not law enforcement cases and as such should not have that kind of protective cover...IMO

OP.....since you have a stated history with ARC, why not avail yourself to appointment to the committee? There are periodic openings and as they say....if you can’t beat ‘em.....join ‘em!

Tags
property, arc, approval, permit, neighbors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.