Bison Valley residents using The Villages family pools

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Bison Valley residents using The Villages family pools

Person to complain to is Janet Tutt, of the CDD. (And complain like hell!)

Another instance of "You have to pay for it - but I'll let in anyone I want."

Skip
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Platinum member

OK....so this is what I know...and I promise not to get on my soapbox! The annual guest passes have been around FOREVER....not anything new....there are specific rules for them...

The other part is that Bison Valley is not a NEW concept here....there are two other "family villages" and they have been around for a long time. They are for employees of the villages...but there are many people that are living there that do not work in TV's...there really are no rules. There are many new apartment, condo and housing complexes going up all over. If you read the paper or listen to the radio...both Villages owned and operated...you will hear or see commercials for The Villages of Parkwood....specifically advertised to families who want to live closer to grandma and grandpa....so they can play golf together all the time....etc etc etc....

Atleast The Villages of PArkwood are going to build their own amenities....this is not owned by The Villages....those family communites owned by TV's have NO amenities...so ofcourse they are going to use the ones available if they can.....

This is NOT NEW INFORMATION!!! IT IS JUST A LITTLE MORE OUT IN THE OPEN....THE MORE RESIDENTS THAT MOVE HERE....THE MORE SERVICES NEEDED...THE MORE EMPLOYEES THAT NEED TO LIVE CLOSE BY......

OK....so I guess I got on my soapbox.....perhaps the annual pass should have a fee attached....I would pay it but thankfully....I already pay my fees......

But here is my question for everyone.....

If there was a fee associated to the annual pass....and people paid the fee yearly....would you stop complaining about kids and families using the family pools and paying guest fees?????????? Just wondering?

Suzy Toronto
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 PM

originally you couldn't get a guest pass for someone who lived in the Tri county area but
rumor has it . People who worked for and lived in the Villages used their influence to change the regulation to benefit their families who lived near by.

Willy
Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Gold member

Mariab, wouldn't it work better to have pools in the areas of the family homes outside the limits of The Villages rather than using The Villages facilities? I think the problem is density. There only are so many pools and if they are opened up to everyone outside The Villages that qualifies to use them, the residents may not enjoy the pools as much. It seems that parents and grandparents who don't have children living right in the area are penalized. Our children can only come for a short period of time and use the facilities.I am open to others take on this situation, perhaps I'm missing something in my rationalizing...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie
Mariab, wouldn't it work better to have pools in the areas of the family homes outside the limits of The Villages rather than using The Villages facilities? I think the problem is density. There only are so many pools and if they are opened up to everyone outside The Villages that qualifies to use them, the residents may not enjoy the pools as much. It seems that parents and grandparents who don't have children living right in the area are penalized. Our children can only come for a short period of time and use the facilities.I open to others take on this situation, perhaps I'm missing something in my rationalizing...
Peachie...I do not disagree....TV's should build atleast one pool for the family villages....however I agree that the 30 day rule is a little extreme...they should look at the vacation times for schools and allow that to be the amount of days...

I also don't think that parents and grandparents that have kids far away will have them visit more then 30 days a year.....would you have them here a little more than 30 days if you could? Guests that are over 19 can come as often as possible....it's the kids that can't be here more than 30 days....

I will say that most of the apartment complexes/condo complexes/housing complexes have their own amenities for their families.....just not TV's family housing....

I own inside and outside TV's so I know I pay my dues....but have amenities at both places....if Bison Valley had offered it's own amenities I would have bought there...I was ready to pay cash for a gorgeous house...but they offered NO amenities to us...so I went elsewhere...TV's are loosing money because they don't do this....not everyone has family inside.

NOW...If TV's are offering guest passes to families that live in the family villages and they do not have family that are truly Villages residents....then that is wrong....

Suzy Toronto
Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM

when myfamily lived in orlando one year i was able to get 30 day guest passes multiple times.
i don't believe there is currently a limit on the number of days guests can use the village pools. you could renew the guest passes every 30 days and thus swim daily all year.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Platinum member

Doesn't surprise me....it is very easy to get Guest Passes....I dont think anyone really keeps track of who is who....sorry to say.....it is just like the fact that we have security gates and people that run them and keys to get in....BUT just about anyone can get through as a visitor....there really is not anyone who keeps track.

We visited a gated community in Lake MAry recently. We could not get in unless the guard had our name from the resident we were visiting...and giving all ID's of people over 18 in the car!!!!!!!! If only....perhaps I should work for TV's and make things happen!

Suzy Toronto
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariab

If there was a fee associated to the annual pass....and people paid the fee yearly....would you stop complaining about kids and families using the family pools and paying guest fees?????????? Just wondering?
I don't feel that we, as residents, gain anything by charging a guest fee. The developer gains monetarily, however, it still remains that the facilities are being used by non-residents. Should not be so. The facilities were built for residents who pay for this privilege.

I feel that there should be no passes given to anybody for a long period of time, no matter where they live. Guest passes are just that, there should be a time limit as to the guests' stay in TV ....and ONLY during their VISIT with residents.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My issue would be that they are not accompanied by the TV resident. I really don't mind family members who live nearby being given year-round passes but they should follow the rule that they must be accompanied by a TV resident and TV personnel should see that this rule is enforced.

The rule at present is if you are under 19, you are limited to 30 days per year as a visitor/guest. Those over 19 are free to reside with famly or friends in TV year-round. You can technically purchase a home at any age but must be over 19 to reside in it. If you are a family member of a TV resident and live in the Tri-Counties, you can get an annual pass but must be accompanied by the TV family member.

We are not talking about a tremendous amount of people. We are not talking about every resident of Bison Valley, Parkwoods or Tri-County. We are specifically talking about close family members. If they did not have this rule, most would be banned from almost all recreational facilities or have to pay a higher fee, which is the rule for those living nearby and using our facilities. Would you really want to tell your grandchild s/he could not use the pool while visiting grams for the day because s/he lived too near grams (although that is specifically why your children moved to Sumter County)? Yes, they can use the facilities more than those whose grandchild lives further away but, again, we're talking about a great number. We're not talking about employees. We're not talking about friends, we're talking about family.

What I would like to see implemented is that they must prove they are family members (giving your word shouldn't be good enough). Passes and resident IDs should be consistently checked to ensure that non-TVers are with residents and this should be enforced.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-25-2008, 11:37 PM

children using guest passes must be accompanied by someone over 19 to use village pools or other facilities.
so the family in bison valley may be in for a surprise.
and i think the 30 day rule mentioned applies to someone under 19 staying overnight in tv not visiting for the day as my orlando family did. at least that's what the guest pass office told me when i asked.back in 2006
i'll bet the guest pass focus group gets prertty confused with all the varing scenarios. if i recall correctly participation in the group was open and annouced in the daily sun at the time it formed.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 PM

One more thing to consider before taking the plung into TV ???

"When you're right you can afford to keep your temper and when you're wrong you can't afford to loose it"
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Eternal Member

VISITOR being the operative word here. Doesn't necessarily have to be family; guest passes also include friends, as well as family, of residents WHO ARE VISITING WITH RESIDENTS.

Anyone visiting WITH residents (not residing with them) are entitled to "guest" passes. This is not a permanent or long-term pass. Issued ONLY when visiting the residents' premises.

This is what I think that most all assumed was the policy.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

However, anyone residing within 50 (I believe) miles and visiting a TV resident cannot be issued guest passes -- they have to pay separate fees from a guest here. I was told that was why an exception was made for family members residing in the Tri-Counties.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see what the issue is. Even though I rent, part of my rental fee does pay for the amenities.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
I'm sorry, but I really don't see what the issue is. Even though I rent, part of my rental fee does pay for the amenities.
RW...."resident" does not specify whether one is an owner or renter; a resident is a resident is a resident......no difference. You are a resident and as such have all of the perks of an owner, no disputing that.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:43 AM

I think in area passes are a good thing. I have a daughter and son in law that live in Del Web Spruce Creek and he and I like to play golf together and for him to play in the Villages he has to have in area guest pass. All of you people that are against this, what if you could not have your children visit with you, would you like it. Most of the people that abuse the privilege are Village residents in fact most of the rules that are broken are done by Village residents. In order to get a in area guest pass you are supposed to be a relatives of the resident and be accompanied at all times by resident you are visiting when using Village facilities

drd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.