BJ's ?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2022, 12:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Good thing we still live in a country were we can make choices.

I agree with you, BUT if other people decide to go there on opening day, that's their decision and their decision only.

Image if one of our golf courses would offer free golf for one day, would you go then??
Nope.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Crowds will die down once all the paid members go in and find out the BJ's isn't as good as Costco, or even Sams for that matter. Soon they will be giving away free 90-day trial memberships like they do everywhere else.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

like on Christmas day? Yes.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-14-2022, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Crowds will die down once all the paid members go in and find out the BJ's isn't as good as Costco, or even Sams for that matter. Soon they will be giving away free 90-day trial memberships like they do everywhere else.
Perhaps but they have things that Sams does not and that should keep us coming back.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You "never waited more than 5 minutes at SAMs gas" ?????????? I find that hard to believe. If there is only ONE CAR in front it takes more than 5 minutes to put in the 2 cards, fill on a low average of maybe 8 gals gallons gas and pay. We have never been there (especially recently with high gas prices) when there are at minimum 5 or 6 cars in each of the 4 (or 6?) lines. We are usually there mid-day which might not be the best time but still. If any gas station is totally empty it has to take more than 5 minutes for the entire process. Maybe time flies when you're having fun!
Sam's has three pumps in each bay. We don't gas up at high times I guess.

As an aside.....we pulled into the gas area at BJs today. There is one gas pump per bay and there is no room for cars to que up. I felt it unsafe to be there and there were very few cars to begin with. We will not be getting gas at BJs simply because there is no room to maneuver. There is more room at WaWa and Circle K to line up.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Usually only one car in each lane when I get gas at Sams, about 30 minutes before they close, plus nobody in the store either
At that hour it makes sense but I have no desire to drive down thee at 8 or 9PM about 14 mile round trip from my home to either shop and/or save $3 or $4 on gas.

Was there today shopping and at ~2;45 PM when we left there were at least 48 cars (wife stopped counting at 48) because we were trying to get out of the exit that was partially blocked by the lines. Their price was 30cents/gallon (that's a lot) less than Raceway across the highway where we stopped first. So my loss on a 12 gallon fill-up was a total of $3.60 but I was in and out of Raceway in under 10 minutes. Well worth it rather than sitting in line at SAMS or ANY gas station for that matter. I also have no desire to drive down there just before they close, we only go down there when we need to shop during the day. By 8PM I'm too wiped out. Just isn't worth the savings to wait.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

If we had needed anything from a big box store on BJ's opening day we would have shopped at Sam's. That's not to mention the fact in about 10 days we'll be back in New England where we don't have a Sam's and will head to BJs. Add me to the list that it's too bad it wasn't a Costco that was built.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:52 AM

I have zero patience for lines myself, and I abhor the construction on 441 by Sam’s. For that reason, if we need to go for gas, Home Depot, Kohls, ABC or any other reason, we don’t leave our house until 7pm. We don’t shop at Sam’s, but the membership more than pays for itself w/gas savings.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Unfortunately, I much prefer Costco to either of the others. Just ended my relation with them because they are simply too far away to be feasible down here. Joined Sam’s. Refuse to make a special trip for gas and waited 1/2 hour to gas up at Sam’s club. Not worth it. Had a BJ’s card once and not too impressed with them so no reason to join.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:24 AM
Default Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We were in the area for a doctor visit and thought we would drop it, what a horror show. Parking lot was mobbed, cars coming out in a steady stream and could not get out of Lowes parking area to cross 441. Will be a while before we go back.
They had a seminar in the back with instruction on how to use real boobs to feed a baby……
Old 05-15-2022, 06:32 AM
Default Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
I happen to go around 1:00. Why you ask on opening day? Because I wanted to! Got a parking spot directly in front of the main entrance next to the golf cart only parking. Yes it was quite busy in the store however I managed to accomplish what I set out to do. I found every one who I encountered to be considerate and mindful to keeping the flow of shoppers moving along. The staff were extremely helpful & pleasant. Came time to cash out and I was directed to a cashier that had no one in line. So my going to BJ’s on opening day was very satisfying!
Are you a bot?
Old 05-15-2022, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
So the ones that went today, what'a think?
it's as expected. BJ's has been our #1 go to for over a decade. Their product base is far better than WalMart and Costco has no plans on being here, yet I'd still take BJ's over Costco. The Bakery is 500% better than any Publix, and the deli is quite nice since I'm not locked into Boar's Head.

The crowd was to be expected since everyone who's anyone has been drooling to check it out. However 90+ yr olds in scooters.... well that clogs the aisles and they move slower than yesterday - a challenge in the making. I dropped about 450 which included renewal of my membership. The upside is that the long range goods (TP, detergent, etc) I won't be buying for months.

All in all it's nice to see a store not scared sh&tless to give anyone a sample. so it's back to BJ's for lunch "buffet" on Saturdays!
Old 05-15-2022, 07:25 AM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I'd rather pay 20c/gallon more for gas than wait in line at Sam's (and I assume for BJ too). SAM's is insane with people jockeying for "position" and sides of the pump. Constant horns blowing. Is waiting in line for 20+ minutes worth saving $3 or $4 or $5? For ME, NO. I'm far from financially loaded but sometimes saving a few bucks just doesn't make much sense TO ME. Of course YMMV. I just have no patience for that or any lines for that matter.
Totally agree. Lines always at Walmart in TV. Drive across the street to 7/11, usually about 5 cents more a gallon and NO LINES. Probably cost me 79 cents more.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
So the ones that went today, what'a think?
Always liked BJ's...and have been traveling down to the one in Clermont to purchase items that I like to purchase in bulk

bought gas at the new one in Lady Lake on Friday...nice price.

drove by the packed parking lot on opening day and continued on....no way was I going to fight that crowd, even if I could have found a parking lot

I'll go in a week or so at dinner time
Old 05-15-2022, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
it's as expected. BJ's has been our #1 go to for over a decade. Their product base is far better than WalMart and Costco has no plans on being here, yet I'd still take BJ's over Costco. The Bakery is 500% better than any Publix, and the deli is quite nice since I'm not locked into Boar's Head.

The crowd was to be expected since everyone who's anyone has been drooling to check it out. However 90+ yr olds in scooters.... well that clogs the aisles and they move slower than yesterday - a challenge in the making. I dropped about 450 which included renewal of my membership. The upside is that the long range goods (TP, detergent, etc) I won't be buying for months.

All in all it's nice to see a store not scared sh&tless to give anyone a sample. so it's back to BJ's for lunch "buffet" on Saturdays!
Was nice to see a variety of samples, sure helps us to decide on new items to buy.
Closed Thread

Tags
bjs, today, whata

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.