Cart path closing

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Scary

SCARY THIS CAN HAPPEN AND IMPACT SO MANY RESIDENTS AND THE VILLAGE MANAGEMENT AND/OR DEVELOPER HAVE NOT COME TO THEIR AIDE AND JUST LET THEM HANG IN THE WIND. ALL SHOULD GO TO THE NEXT POA MEETING AND DEMAND (NOT ASK) FOR THE VILLAGE MANAGEMENT TO EXPLAIN THIER AND THE DEVELOPERS ROLE. THIS EXCEEDS BEING OUTRAGED.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
SCARY THIS CAN HAPPEN AND IMPACT SO MANY RESIDENTS AND THE VILLAGE MANAGEMENT AND/OR DEVELOPER HAVE NOT COME TO THEIR AIDE AND JUST LET THEM HANG IN THE WIND. ALL SHOULD GO TO THE NEXT POA MEETING AND DEMAND (NOT ASK) FOR THE VILLAGE MANAGEMENT TO EXPLAIN THIER AND THE DEVELOPERS ROLE. THIS EXCEEDS BEING OUTRAGED.
hard to be outraged when their are NO facts known yet!! so far its just the usual totv rants.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

Perhaps jane032657 could help enlighten us as she is to be "opening" Harbor Chase!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Sage

I think this is a terrible thing to do. I wish I had an answer. "They" shut down your restaurant, "they" shut down your tiki bar, and now "they" shut down your path to convenient shopping and job sites. What's next, the golf cart bridge?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Last edited by memason; 08-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

For more information about HarborChase of Villages Crossing please call Jill Romie, Director of Sales at 888-997-2242 or email her at jromie@hraonline.net.
http://www.harborchase.com/Villages.htm

harbor chase facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/HarborChaseofVillagesCrossing

Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Sage

I have lost very little with the erection of this wall as I seldom travel that path, but I sure can empathize with anyone who has used that path 'forever'. It is easy to put oneself in their shoes and understand the angst.

Unlike many topics on TOTV, this is one of those things that I feel like we will find the underlying facts as it impacts so many of 'my' Village neighbors. I will wait until the diligent folks impacted have some facts, but no matter the reason it is a shame for so many.

Until then I will assume this action is because our developer was forced to do this and not for the reason that our developer has an axe to grind.

PS. BK. congrats on posting pictures . You may already know this so forgive me if you do, but if you want the picture to SHOW in the post instead of a link, copy the IMG link for the picture from photobucket.

Last edited by ajbrown; 08-11-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Default Cart path blocked

Unable to drive i am especially concerned that a brick wall now blocks cart access to many dr's offices, the urgent care center, stores etc. I'm sure we are not the only ones affected or upset by this. Continuing to discuss the issue isn't going to change anything unless it's directed to those who can do something. What goes up can home.down, even a brick wall. If presented with evidence of overwhelming disapproval maybe they'll reconsider. Suggestions?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
snipped
However, the route you have been taking to Lowes, Walmart and Aldi's has been going across private property; not Villages property and certainly not a cart path. In other words, you have been trespassing all this time. The property owners have graciously allowed you to drive across their property.snipped
if people have been crossing the land and the owners of that land 'graciously allowed you to drive across their property.' is that still considered trespassing?

would there not have to be signs posted to indicate trespasss?

see def #3:
Definition of trespass (vi)
Bing Dictionary
trespass [ trspəss ]

1.encroach on somebody: to intrude on somebody's privacy or time
2.break moral or social law: to commit a sin or break a social law
3.enter somebody else's land unlawfully: to go onto somebody else's land or enter somebody else's property without permission

Old 08-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Sage

I spoke to the wife of an HOA representative. They don't know anymore than we do about what is happening. He is going to phone me tomorrow if he finds out what is going on. He has phone calls out and hasn't heard back from anyone either.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
hard to be outraged when their are NO facts known yet!! so far its just the usual totv rants.
I agree.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

[QUOTE=STRANDED;723901]Unable to drive i am especially concerned that a brick wall now blocks cart access to many dr's offices, the urgent care center, stores etc. I'm sure we are not the only ones affected or upset by this. Continuing to discuss the issue isn't going to change anything unless it's directed to those who can do something. What goes up can home.down, even a brick wall. If presented with evidence of overwhelming disapproval maybe they'll reconsider. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Read post #1 thru #172.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I'm sure this is very disappointing for the folks that depend upon that route to shop, etc.

However, the route you have been taking to Lowes, Walmart and Aldi's has been going across private property; not Villages property and certainly not a cart path. In other words, you have been trespassing all this time. The property owners have graciously allowed you to drive across their property. Seems to me, they have reconsidered and closed access.

For sure, this closure does not impact me and I understand that something similar could happen where I live. But, I relocated when I moved to TV and I can relocate again, if need be.

I'm not unsympathetic, but this is just business and nothing personal....
I'm sure you aren't aware of the fact that the owners of the property leading from TV's own cart path (complete with lights and pavers) and The Villages Regional Hospital east complex had signs up showing carts how to traverse their property before and during construction.

No one was trespassing while riding on the golf cart paths.

The property owner even paved part of the path for the golf carts after people signed a petition in support of the new assisted living. They said in the petition that the path would remain opened.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Ok. i just come back from Lowes. I crossed the bridge, went over past the hospital, down to the Walgreens parking lot, walked across the street, where there is a timed legal crossing. Now on my way back i stopped at the hospital crossing at 441/27 and saw a bunch of people in the road and several golf carts, and all talking to a sumter sherif deputy. After I went over to Paradise rd, and several golf carts rode the grass and saw no cops. It is illegal to drive on the grass on 441/27.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Sage

The Villages Homeowners' Association's Lake County Representatives

Name Phone Neighborhood
Ray Leggiero 751-0221 Country Club Hills
Steve Macejak 751-3043 Country Club Hills
Dennis Williams 750-0063 Hacienda Hills
Myra Reff 750-1657 Chula Vista Villas
Judy Glasel 430-9707 Chula Vista Villas
Peggy Harrison 750-0186 Village of El Cortez
Judy Mix 751-0610 Village of La Reynalda
Alice Burnette 430-0691 Village of La Reynalda
Mario & Lillian Campagnola 751-0512 Village of La Zamora
Otto & Janet Voettiner 753-4278 Vista Sonoma Villas
Sid Kingry 586-7941 Village of Spanish Springs
Mary Shutts 259-5908 Village of Spanish Springs
Larry & Anita Troutner 259-3630 Silver Lake
Niel & Mary Kastor 561-4522 Silver Lake
David & Laura Koss 750-3813 Village of Mira Mesa
Linda Pelletier 259-0229 Vista Lago Villas
Need Neighborhood Representatives

Orange Blossom Gargens
Courtyard Villas
Viillage of Valle Verde
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.