Comcast Price Increase Feb 1

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Sage
Default Comcast Price Increase Feb 1

I get my Comcast bill online and looked at it today in all its gory details. Looks like a significant price increase coming Feb 1. My current bill is about $135 (TV, performance tier internet, sports pack, HD on 2 TVs, digital starter, no premium channels, no DVR). With increases in about 4 or 5 categories my bill looks like it will increase $12/month, over 9%.

I so hate Comcast as a company. Their products and reliability are OK but they are a horrible company to deal with. Brighthouse, where are you????
Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Worst

I know of very few companies as arrogrant as Comcast. They are the worst
when it comes to customer service. Our governement elected officials close their eyes to this company's ability to ignore service but charge outrages amounts. Visit the store on 441 and watch the hours you must wait for service because they underman the required staff. They just don't care. TO says they are tricky is an understatement. What "Florida Public Service Commission" approved this rate increase and why if not getting something in return. When the next person looking for reelection comes forward ask them the question. Where was local rep?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Eternal Member

I get my bill electronically. When I went to look at the PDF copy I saw the price changes that are coming. I think mine went up a little but I do not have a lot of features.

When I moved here from rural NW NJ, we had the worst cable service that I have ever seen. But at least we had a picture. When I first moved out there we were antenna only. When I move here we had ClearLink - a fledging company that was to be the TV cable company. But they gave way to Comcast.

I cannot complain about anything with Comcast. I have had problems but use the chat line to resolve most of them. I also manually take my old equipment down to the office in Summerfield and exchange it for the latest equipment.

Comcast is the only game in town right now. Brighthouse is down in the new area close to the Brighthouse offices in Wildwood. It would be a cold day in hell before Comcast let them invade their turf. Unless Morse decides to switch to them for the TV cable company.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I know of very few companies as arrogrant as Comcast. They are the worst
when it comes to customer service. Our governement elected officials close their eyes to this company's ability to ignore service but charge outrages amounts. Visit the store on 441 and watch the hours you must wait for service because they underman the required staff. They just don't care. TO says they are tricky is an understatement. What "Florida Public Service Commission" approved this rate increase and why if not getting something in return. When the next person looking for reelection comes forward ask them the question. Where was local rep?
Two words: Direct TV ( or is that three???)
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Actually it's one word: Directv
Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Sage

I called Brighthouse the other day for bundled services. I got transfered on their line and guess who picks up?? Xfinity and Comcast.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Default NO, it's one word

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
DirecTV
Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I called Brighthouse the other day for bundled services. I got transfered on their line and guess who picks up?? Xfinity and Comcast.
Another one bites the dust.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Brighthouse is owned by comcast, I think.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
Brighthouse is owned by comcast, I think.
I've heard something similar from the guy who installed my stuff from Comcast. He indicated something like Road Runner was acquired by Comcast and that Comcast is owned by Brighthouse. However, I've tried more than once to find any evidence of that via Google searching and the only thing I could find was indications that there are mutual agreements amongst the three and no proof of what I was told. So I can't really believe what I was told. But they've made things so complex that it wouldn't surprise me if there were some common denominator amongst the three! Aren't government loopholes so grand that they create such complex and difficult to understand corporation structures to better their bottom lines!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
The same happened to us when we first started to look for a service. With us though it was a Time Warner site that redirected us to Comcast when we entered our zip code!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Veteran member

Prism is good, the Centurylink company.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Default customer service is non existent

In April 2011 after our renters were out, I called Comcast to activate the vacation mode. Received bills at our home in NJ as requested. Called in the end of October to re-activate the service. Just a few days ago when the new renters came I find out the service was cancelled due to non-payment.
But I hadn't gotten a bill. Apparently it was my fault for not realizing a bill wasn't sent. And they had no record of my NJ address. ALL my Villages bills come to NJ, even my NJ bills come to the NJ address. I even have a bill from Comcast with my NJ address that had no payment due from July 2011. I was told that's all in the past, just pay up.
We have 2 houses one in NJ, one in the Villages. That's double gas bills, electric bills, VCCD bills, tax bills, Verizon bills, car insurance, golf cart insurance, home(s) insurance, double grass maintenance, double bugs, etc.
Now I have to try to keep track of if and when they come in.
I don't think I would have minded so much if everyone I spoke with was at least pleasant or could understand my confusion as to how it was my fault that they "lost" my address. I pay my bills on time when I get them.
Oh well, thanks for letting me rant. At least I know I'm not alone in my frustration with Comcast.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 AM

Here is how you break free from cable companies:

1. Go to Target and buy a Roku for $79.99 (one time cost)
2. Subscribe to Hulu Plus for $7.99/month
3. Enjoy pretty much any tv show

Roku's also have tons of free content that don't require any subscriptions.
The only thing you'll miss out on is the occassional live sports game and local news but you are likely able to pull the local channels to your tv for free anyway.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Comcast is the only game in town right now. Brighthouse is down in the new area close to the Brighthouse offices in Wildwood. It would be a cold day in hell before Comcast let them invade their turf. Unless Morse decides to switch to them for the TV cable company.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any competition, say Verizon FIOS, as long as the Morses are in control of the situation.

FWIW, Comcast keeps getting bigger. Last year they completed the purchase of 51 percent of NBC Universal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.