Coming down next week to look at houses

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,285 Times in 5,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albina View Post
We have a beautiful pre owned home in the Village of Bonita. We have an expanded heated glass enclosed lanai, hardwood in 5 rooms, custom entertainment center and custom bookcases. You can look on the Villages website under homes-pre owned and then type in McDuffie Court. Albina
We just moved in to Bonita in Feb. By any chance is your Dad's name Bob? If so you are behind us.

Love tv just wish social distancing was over so we can enjoy all that is here.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Default Courtyard Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker954 View Post
I'm heading to TV tomorrow for two weeks to look at resale "probably" bungalow villas. the Weather forecast looks awful.
Be aware that courtyard villas have tiny rear yards that are mostly paved, and a tall concrete fence (at least most of them do). So limited cross breeze. If the courtyard rear yard is south facing, you will roast on the patio and lanai.Lots of people put sunscreens on their lanai but its still hot. I would look for an east or north rear yard.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:19 AM

We are selling a beautiful home in the Village of Bonita(near Sumter Landing and Brownwood). You can see our home on the Villages website homes-pre owned and then in box on left top put in our address. 2265 McDuffie Court. Hope to hear from you.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,936 Times in 927 Posts

If you need to rent a house down south, you can check out Down Home Properties, if you don't want the all inclusive TV marketing reps showing you all new houses, ie, don't want to be a captive market. . .

The Villages, FL United States - 1849 Alton Avenue | Down Home Properties
The Villages, FL United States - 2280 Demarco Dr | Down Home Properties
The Villages, FL United States - 2258 Demarco Drive | Down Home Properties

sportsguy
Old 06-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Looking at houses is fine, but don't buy one.

There are a lot of houses for sale and they are building a lot more. We looked at the map on thevillages(dot)com and there are 36 resales in Fenney alone.

The villages are all different and it takes time to decide what is right for you. Before we moved here, we would study the map and think, "What would it be like to live there day in and day out?"

Many people love The Villages but not the house and location they chose, so they move to a different house. The realtors love it.
Great advice: "what would it be like to live in a certain village or area day in and day out".

I counted 81 resale homes in the Villages south of 44 listed on The Villages web site (this includes Fenney, DeSoto, Marsh Bend, McClure, etc.). Not casting anything negative regarding these Villages, just stating a fact.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:54 AM

I have been sitting in my living room in Washington state trying to figure out what we would like. Probably in 5 years south of 466 will be built up the way we would like it. We will be coming down soon to check all of it out. We have been down once and it all looks good to us. Seems like long term, new and south is the way to go. But, we may be dead by then!
Old 06-08-2020, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
I have been sitting in my living room in Washington state trying to figure out what we would like.
Yeah, I know what that is like. It is hard to "figure out" life.

We were in Virginia 5 years ago and I thought we were very happy. We were empty nesters with a nice house, no problems, belonged to a nice country club, and I played a lot of golf. We came here for a visit and saw a bunch of people like us having a good time, and we were hooked.

A golf pro once accused me of "paralysis thru analysis", but I got over that a long time ago. I learned to trust my 'gut instinct'.

So we went back to Virginia, sold our house, and moved here. Sure, our kids are still mad at us, but we are happier than ever.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
I have been sitting in my living room in Washington state trying to figure out what we would like. Probably in 5 years south of 466 will be built up the way we would like it. We will be coming down soon to check all of it out. We have been down once and it all looks good to us. Seems like long term, new and south is the way to go. But, we may be dead by then!
Spend a lot of time exploring the area and talking to people in established sections as well as new before you decide.

Lots of people buy and then move once or twice after but with 6% sales commission to sales agent an expensive way to go.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
If you need to rent a house down south, you can check out Down Home Properties, if you don't want the all inclusive TV marketing reps showing you all new houses, ie, don't want to be a captive market. . .

The Villages, FL United States - 1849 Alton Avenue | Down Home Properties
The Villages, FL United States - 2280 Demarco Dr | Down Home Properties
The Villages, FL United States - 2258 Demarco Drive | Down Home Properties

sportsguy
We bought in January. Were in hurry as our house sold much faster than expected.

Went with outside MLS agent at first and when they ran out of houses to show us went with TV rep and showed us all homes for resale.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Gold member

Shhhhhh keep the north area a secret! Fastest resale area in The Villages.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

Probably not. But look out for the quarry, where they blast with explosives, and the federal prison which is often brightly lighted at night. And the train tracks? Lots of whistle-blowing freight trains if the track is nearby.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:32 AM

Which villages would that include?
Old 06-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Probably not. But look out for the quarry, where they blast with explosives, and the federal prison which is often brightly lighted at night. And the train tracks? Lots of whistle-blowing freight trains if the track is nearby.
And how long have you lived in the area where this is happening? Yikes, you might want to move. We are in the Fenney area and haven't had these experiences yet but your neighborhood might be different.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:41 PM

I would suggest looking between 466 and 466A or even south of 466A to 44. The area she's suggesting is removed from the rest of The Villages. It is very pretty, but does not have the services and activities in the northern section. I have heard people say that you can hear the quarry blasting and sometimes the loudspeakers from the nearby Federal prison. My husband and I will take a cart ride, when the bridges and tunnels are completed, to that area, but we've joked that we'll need to pack a picnic lunch to make the trip.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny32162 View Post
I would suggest looking between 466 and 466A or even south of 466A to 44.
I would suggest looking at an area if you think you would enjoy living in that area.

Cliff notes: consider all areas.
Closed Thread

Tags
turnpike, houses, villages, mcclure, monarch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.