Coronavirus Testing - Day 1 Results

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
After looking @ the description of the places that 17 of the summer county residents who have the virus --all indications are they contacted the virus while on cruise/cruises--Panama, Honduras, Belize, Turks, Caicos & the Caribbean--really had to take that cruise
thanks for being selfish
I'm certain that your inconvenience was forefront in their minds when they booked their cruises 6 months ago. I'm certain if they knew then what they know now, 99% of them would choose to not take the cruise. (There's always one, right?)

Last edited by Jshafervet; 03-28-2020 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
After looking @ the description of the places that 17 of the summer county residents who have the virus --all indications are they contacted the virus while on cruise/cruises--Panama, Honduras, Belize, Turks, Caicos & the Caribbean--really had to take that cruise
thanks for being selfish

There is a statement that indicates that patient ZERO is a woman who sold shrimp in Wuhan--this pandemic has now been traced to one person back in Dec
What makes you think they didn't start that cruise before this became known? Not all cruises are for 5 days or so. My cruises are at least a month long.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM

You had better read PoliticoFlorida's reporting as of last night, March 27. Now five confirmed cases in TV, per the Fla. Dept. of Health in Sumter County. 29 in Sumter County; 24 in Lake; 8 in Marion. The numbers will grow!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Today's Daily Sun posted the results from Monday's testing for the coronavirus. They wrote: "“Of the 120 patients with symptoms who were given clinical tests, two were positive for COVID-19. None of the 300 patients without symptoms were positive.” These are great results. Even better, the two who tested positive had already been self quarantining.
Bottom line, if we could put a law into affect to keep people at home for 14 days after they have traveled from outside the area, whether from a different state or Country, we all may be able to get back to life! Most of these cases are travel related or exposure to someone close to them.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOH View Post
Did you see the article in the Orlando Sentinel that 27 out of 29 cases in Sumter County are in The Villages? I can't post the link because I'm still a junior member, but google: Coronavirus in the villages Florida, and you'll find the article.
The "content editor" of that article should go back to journalism school. First rule: Check your data and check again! And never post fake news.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

VDS this morning states now over 1,000 tests and still only 8 positives!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

The ************** and Politico are also reporting the same info. It could be a disconnect between Sumter County Health statistics and Florida State statistics.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

28 Villagers Positive as of March 27. Of these Villagers 27 in Sumter County, 1 in Lake County, 0 in Marion County.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:44 AM

There were two arms to the testing. One for people referred by a physician because they had symptoms, and the second is a RESEARCH STUDY for people without symptoms. The UF medical school is doing this to try to find out more about the actual disease and hopefully find a cure. My husband and I went for the RESEARCH STUDY and I tested negative, we are still waiting for my husband's results. Hope this explains it.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The "content editor" of that article should go back to journalism school. First rule: Check your data and check again! And never post fake news.
The Florida Department of Health statistics confirm the data posted. You should check YOUR sources, and enough of the snarkiness.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Only????

Just the Daily Sun would use the word "only" in regard find finding 8 positive cases in the Villages in just 2 days of limited testing. There is nothing encouraging about this statistic. Currently Sumter County (which is mostly The Villages) has the 3rd highest rate of infection in Florida (only trailing Broward and Miami-Dade).

As of the March 27, The Florida Department of Health reported 27 cases in The VIllages. The numbers in Florida are growing rapidly every day and unless we take seriously the warning to stay at home and avoid unnecessary travel, things are not going to be Daily Sun Pollyanna much longer.

Want facts.... Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak will take you to the Florida Department of Health page with a wealth of data and statistics.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Just the Daily Sun would use the word "only" in regard find finding 8 positive cases in the Villages in just 2 days of limited testing. There is nothing encouraging about this statistic. Currently Sumter County (which is mostly The Villages) has the 3rd highest rate of infection in Florida (only trailing Broward and Miami-Dade).

As of the March 27, The Florida Department of Health reported 27 cases in The VIllages. The numbers in Florida are growing rapidly every day and unless we take seriously the warning to stay at home and avoid unnecessary travel, things are not going to be Daily Sun Pollyanna much longer.

Want facts.... Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak will take you to the Florida Department of Health page with a wealth of data and statistics.
I do love the Florida Department of Health pages of data and statistics. As of March 27th at 5pm it shows Sumter at 6% of those tested testing positive. Lake at 5%, Marion at 3%. Average for the state is 9%. It does not show us as third behind Miami Dade and Broward, but rather tied for 29th with 5 other counties out of 68 counties.

I am encouraged that for those with symptoms we are only at 6%.

Yes, as we test more we will find more cases. Yes, we should follow CDC guidelines of social distancing and staying healthy with reasonable exercise no closer than 6 ft from others. No, we should not be licking doorknobs and hugging strangers.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Note that I was referring to “rate of infection” which is the number of cases as it relates to population. Sumter County has a far greater number of cases for the size of our county than every other county, except Broward and Miami-Dade.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

topinfectionrates-jpgFrom the Florida Department of Health as of 7pm last night
Old 03-28-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I do love the Florida Department of Health pages of data and statistics. As of March 27th at 5pm it shows Sumter at 6% of those tested testing positive. Lake at 5%, Marion at 3%. Average for the state is 9%. It does not show us as third behind Miami Dade and Broward, but rather tied for 29th with 5 other counties out of 68 counties.

I am encouraged that for those with symptoms we are only at 6%.

Yes, as we test more we will find more cases. Yes, we should follow CDC guidelines of social distancing and staying healthy with reasonable exercise no closer than 6 ft from others. No, we should not be licking doorknobs and hugging strangers.
This link is also helpful and can help us keep up with what's going on. It's periodically updated and Florida specific.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Closed Thread

Tags
results, positive, testing, symptoms, patients

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.