Covenants/Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Covenants/Restrictions

Now I'm laughing cause your post wasn't the one I was referring to! I know your humor Boomer and trust me, if a neighbor put out a plastic pot, I would be the first to shrill and make note that it was taking away from my beautiful cement pots!

But on a serious note; I do understand covenants and why most communities have them in place. I don't break them; I try to understand them. We came to a happy medium here where I live. Yes, you can have ornamentation; but no, you can't have them over a certain size or material (that would be the cheap plastic stuff). And only a few and if it's more than a few, we get that notice with the covenant circled in bright red attached to the notice.

So, please, no offense taken Boom - I really think you're funny! And by the way, that part about me being sensitive; I'm as sensitive as an earthquake! That part was my humor! Just ask Susan from Susan and Tom - she'll tell you!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

nanci,

OK.

Peace out.

Boomer
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage

Boomer, where can I buy some of those dueling gnomes????? 1rnfl
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage

I want the flame-throwing flamingos! Dibs! Dibs!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Sage

Chels, I was so torn between the two. Now that I know you want the flamingos, I want them , too. The gazing balls didn't do it for me. I would get so tired of replacing the windows. Don't worry about me having flaming flamingos...remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Sage

1rnfl Sammy, you are truly divine and nuts!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 PM

I think the flamingo proposal has merit!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl
If you wonder why there are restrictions you only need to drive down Atwell in Polo to find a home with more than 50 dog statues up the walk and around the circular driveway.
Good taste? Who's the judge? Again, common sense. I have to say restrictions are a good thing.
Minnie -- I happened to be in Polo Ridge today wasting precious gasoline and remembered your post. I even remembered it was Atwell, so I tracked down the house. Industrial Strength Cute!!! Adorable. Sooo sweet I almost went into hypoglycemic shock. Not something I would necessarily describe as classic sculpture a la Michaelangelo, Rodin, or even Frederick Remington, but they were, none the less, statues.

But the trip was well worth the expenditure in diminishing fossil fuels. When I returned south of 466, I felt such a sense of relief, of sensibility, of security, that I won't report my neighbor for having a bench in her back yard.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM

Nancy,

My post was meant as humor. Actually, my DH bought me a garden gnome last year, but never got to painting it. The gnome will have to live inside a CYV fence.

We have a very pretty bench in our front yard under a really big oak tree. When we come to TV, it will go live with my son.

I don't live in a restricted community, but all our neighbors take care of their homes. I guess we're very lucky judging from some of the posts I've seen on here.

Have a great day. The sun is shining again in southern NJ.

Jan
New Jersey
Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Define "lawn ornament" A lawn ornament is something that resides on the lawn. Not on a front sidewalk, or alcove etc.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Soaring Parsley

OK.

This is an absolutely true story. I swear it is.

When we visited TV for a month, we went to a lot of open houses. On the very first day, in the very first open house, the agent was not busy so I started quizzing her at great length, asking her to explain the plan for the governance of TV in the future.

Well, she seemed to know her stuff, and she explained the whole thing in great detail.

But she kept talking about the future governance as dictated by the Florida statues.

Well, you all now know how nice I am, and that I would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.

I just politely chewed the inside of my mouth raw so as not to burst out laughing as the agent went on and on about those Florida statues and how they had everything in place so that all would be well with TV in perpetuity.

The Florida statues said this and the Florida statues said that. She was really convincing me that the statues had it all under control. (I kept thinking about how that statue of Walt Disney had been doing a pretty good job.)

Now I realize that I might have been lulled into a false sense of security. I guess I was being a bit of a snot, laughing, albeit on the inside, while she reassured me that the Florida statues would protect our investment in TV property.

Suddenly, as of just now, I am so afraid that agent might have been speaking the absolute truth. And I now know that I am going to lie awake all night, tossing, turning, trying so hard to get a grip, telling myself over and over, "That agent really meant to say statutes. The statutes will take care of the property owners. Yes. Uh huh. That's what she meant to say. She did. Really. Really. She was not talking about statues. Or was she??? OH NO!!!!"

And now...in the newer parts of TV???? OH NO!!!!! OH NO!!!!!

The Florida statues that I learned all about that first day in TV...

Those Florida statues that agent promised would take care of me well into my dotage and beyond...

Those Florida statues that agent said had promised to love, honor and cherish me until perpetuity we do part...

NOW, THOSE FLORIDA STATUES ARE NOT EVEN ALLOWED IN!!!!!

Boomer

Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 AM
Sage

1rnfl OMG Boomer that is so funny! I love your sense of humor. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Eternal Member

B3,
How quickly you despair. The Florida statue to which the agent was referring was undoubtedly the one of our founder, Harold Schwartz, in Spanish Springs. I'm reassured of our future whenever I look at the thing. I applied to the Architectural Review Panel to erect a similar Harold Schwartz statue next to the putting green in my back yard. I thought the folks south of 466 could use the inspiration. Unfortunately, they would only approve it if it was a fountain and I thought it would be sacrilegious to have Mr. Schwartz spouting water from his mouth or some other body part, potable or non. I'm not giving up, however. I am scouring the Florida statutes on Florida statues in hope of relief.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Sage

Boomer, You are a hoot! 1rnfl
Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
B3,
How quickly you despair. The Florida statue to which the agent was referring was undoubtedly the one of our founder, Harold Schwartz, in Spanish Springs. I'm reassured of our future whenever I look at the thing. I applied to the Architectural Review Panel to erect a similar Harold Schwartz statue next to the putting green in my back yard. I thought the folks south of 466 could use the inspiration. Unfortunately, they would only approve it if it was a fountain and I thought it would be sacrilegious to have Mr. Schwartz spouting water from his mouth or some other body part, potable or non. I'm not giving up, however. I am scouring the Florida statutes on Florida statues in hope of relief.
Oh Munc,

Thank you. I will sleep so much better just knowing that you are working on this. And I completely agree that Harold should never have to spew anything, not even TV Kool-Aid.

And I trust that you will never allow anyone to try to make the beloved Harold assume the position of a bench.

How wonderful that the south side is in your capable hands. You are a true Renaissance man, and I know that you will find the perfect way to use your broad knowledge to handle this important issue.

Go Muncle. Go Muncle. Go Muncle. Go Muncle.

B3

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.