Crazy Golf Course Rules

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Warren Kiefer Warren Kiefer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Pirate View Post
One reason for having a trail fee is to pay for fairways; carts/tires are an important contributor to the total costs of fairway maintenance. Let's take CatskillBill's statement that "Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course" and push it to the extreme. So, a foursome decides to play golf. Each brings along a non-playing guest (wife, grandson, neighbor, whoever) for free. Now we've got four carts instead of the normal two carts you'd expect in a foursome, resulting in twice the wear and tear on fairways. Now, let's push that rule just one teensie bit farther. Since spectators shouldn't have to pay to just ride around the course, and people want to see some of the nicest scenery in TV, why not let non-golfers ride the fairways to view the scenery?...afterall, even non-golfers pay the monthly amenities fee? Incremental rule changes are pavers on the proverbial slippery slope.
If you will note my posting, it concerned only the executive courses. The rule for spectators is they must remain in the golf cart. Also 95% of the executive holes are cart path only, so just how does one create wear on the fairways if the carts are restricted to the cart paths. ???
  #47  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
George1938 George1938 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village of St.James
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Not everyone who moves here maintains their health forever. My wife enjoys "getting out" and we use golf as a vehicle. I play and she rides. We pay the fee for both of us and it's worth the minor cost.

Think about this! The "rules" allow for golfers to acquire special rights to go off the paths due to health issues. Why not let folks who are unable to play golf to also be "recogized" and allowed to ride along for no charge? They could be required to apply and provide whatever proof is required to achieve this status.

In any event, we will continue to enjoy our "outngs" together.

Last edited by Moderator; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: comments directed at member
  #48  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Warren Kiefer Warren Kiefer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool Ranting goofiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
I don't play golf and know very little about the game, so if these questions seem stupid..please excuse me.

(If someone could explain to me if I'm wrong on any of this) If I understand things correctly if you live in TV & pay your monthly amenity fee you can play gold for "free" on any of the "executive" courses. However, "free" only applies IF you are walking the course. If you are driving a golf cart you are charged a $4 trail fee. Correct?

However..the cart trail fee is not for the "cart" it is charged per person. So if two people are playing golf using one cart the fee is $8 and not $4? And 3 people cannot use 1 cart even though some carts seat 4 people, correct? Now if two people are riding in the cart and only one is playing, the fee is still $8. Correct or wrong?

If the trail fee is collected to help pay for the costs of maintaining the trails and fixing up any cart damage, would it not make sense to have less carts on the trail? So if two people are riding in one cart and pay $8 for a trail fee, there is no real encouragement to ride together and thus have less carts using the trail..and I guess..less wear & tear. Correct?

As they say on talk radio..I'll hang up & wait for the answer.
Some people just cannot get the drift of messages. These grandparents were not aware of the rec center rules and when told, had no problem. The goofy rules and the true story is that the golf cart the grandson would be riding in was to stay on the cart paths, the grandson was to stay in the golf cart, there was no additional wear and tear on the golf course, it is not up to the golf administration to decide if three people were comfortable in sharing the a golf cart, only two people were going to play golf, the option was for all three to go home which acomplished nothing bou two open tee times, and the charge of a $4 trail fee seems to be a little over the top. Not a single person in the golfing grouf felt the rec center rules were out of place and in fact felt the rules were good. Ralph, just you and a few others seem to grasp the issue. Thanks!!!
  #49  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Mikeod's Avatar
Mikeod Mikeod is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 5,021
Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Default

The trail fee is for the wear and tear golf carts cause to the paths and, on par 4 holes, the fairway (or even on par 3s with the RA sleeve). The cart paths on the courses deteriorate and need to be repaired/replaced. The trail fee provides funds to address these needs and results in less money from the amenities fees to be directed toward that cost. It is well within the province of the golf administration to determine that only two people may ride in a golf cart on our courses. You may not agree with that policy, but that is the rule. It has nothing to do with your comfort squeezing three people into a cart.

There were options, although they may have not been attractive to you. One golfer could have rented a pull cart so there were only two people in the cart. Then, the tee time wouldn't have been wasted. Or one person could have walked while leaving the bag on the cart. Or they could have alternated walking so one person didn't have to do it all. Leaving without playing was only one of the options available.

I guarantee you that these rules resulted from some taking advantage in the past. The "spectator" that plays a few holes when out of sight of the starter or ambassador. The threesome in one cart that slows play by driving all over the course to each ball, rather than having two carts.

Sorry that your outing was derailed. Next time you'll know.
  #50  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
BarryRX's Avatar
BarryRX BarryRX is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Posts: 1,804
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
I don't play golf and know very little about the game, so if these questions seem stupid..please excuse me.

(If someone could explain to me if I'm wrong on any of this) If I understand things correctly if you live in TV & pay your monthly amenity fee you can play gold for "free" on any of the "executive" courses. However, "free" only applies IF you are walking the course. If you are driving a golf cart you are charged a $4 trail fee. Correct?

However..the cart trail fee is not for the "cart" it is charged per person. So if two people are playing golf using one cart the fee is $8 and not $4? And 3 people cannot use 1 cart even though some carts seat 4 people, correct? Now if two people are riding in the cart and only one is playing, the fee is still $8. Correct or wrong?

If the trail fee is collected to help pay for the costs of maintaining the trails and fixing up any cart damage, would it not make sense to have less carts on the trail? So if two people are riding in one cart and pay $8 for a trail fee, there is no real encouragement to ride together and thus have less carts using the trail..and I guess..less wear & tear. Correct?

As they say on talk radio..I'll hang up & wait for the answer.
I think you are making the assumption that a foursome would be allowed to have 4 carts (each person driving their own cart). That is not so. They only allow 2 carts per foursome.
  #51  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Mack184 Mack184 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Actually I'm not assuming anything. As I said at the beginning I know absolutely zero about golf. Just asking questions here.
__________________
"I did not get into rock-n-roll just to pick up chicks. However..I was able to adapt". Ted Nugent
  #52  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
gustavo gustavo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
a mulligan would be appropriate in this case.
Or he could have waited until the distraction went by.
  #53  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
gustavo gustavo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I think you are making the assumption that a foursome would be allowed to have 4 carts (each person driving their own cart). That is not so. They only allow 2 carts per foursome.
Not true. I've played many round with 3 carts in a foursome.
  #54  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM
pooh's Avatar
pooh pooh is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MA, CA, TV
Posts: 6,116
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

So have I, however if there is a hole one can drive on, a par 4, only two carts can be on the fairway at one time.
__________________
Namaste y'all
  #55  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,779
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,406 Times in 666 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Actually I'm not assuming anything. As I said at the beginning I know absolutely zero about golf. Just asking questions here.
There is even a book for that.
BARNES & NOBLE | Golf For Dummies by Gary McCord
  #56  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
getdul981's Avatar
getdul981 getdul981 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA - Pennecamp - St. James
Posts: 1,932
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
So have I, however if there is a hole one can drive on, a par 4, only two carts can be on the fairway at one time.
There are a few courses, Southern Star and Yankee Clipper are two, that the cart path runs out and you HAVE to drive on the course.
__________________
Greg

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
  #57  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Ragman Ragman is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 330
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I think you are making the assumption that a foursome would be allowed to have 4 carts (each person driving their own cart). That is not so. They only allow 2 carts per foursome.
Played at Bonita Pass Friday and there were 4 carts in the group behind us.

  #58  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,798
Thanks: 3,616
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,240 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Actually back to the original post where the poster complains about a young person having to pay trail fees when riding along as a non playing spectator. That is how it is when you play golf anywhere. Period and Amen. Do not assume it is ONLY here and do not assume you were being treated unfairly.

Our daughter Helene goes with me on every round I play and she is a spectator. She has a priority membership and has never held a golf club and never leaves the cart during the round.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #59  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 AM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,379
Thanks: 1,137
Thanked 389 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Actually back to the original post where the poster complains about a young person having to pay trail fees when riding along as a non playing spectator. That is how it is when you play golf anywhere. Period and Amen. Do not assume it is ONLY here and do not assume you were being treated unfairly.

Our daughter Helene goes with me on every round I play and she is a spectator. She has a priority membership and has never held a golf club and never leaves the cart during the round.
Gracie...we ALL know that there are "some" here in T.V. that complain anytime "rules" are mentioned. Be it with golfing, driving---you name it!!! IF they are inconvenienced in any way then "boy, howdy" as you say!!!
  #60  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:27 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,694
Thanks: 269
Thanked 832 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Actually back to the original post where the poster complains about a young person having to pay trail fees when riding along as a non playing spectator. That is how it is when you play golf anywhere. Period and Amen. Do not assume it is ONLY here and do not assume you were being treated unfairly.

Our daughter Helene goes with me on every round I play and she is a spectator. She has a priority membership and has never held a golf club and never leaves the cart during the round.
I am not a golfer. What benefits do a priority membership afford you? It's great that Helene likes to go with you. Can I be Helene one time?

And what is a mulligan?

We see lots of golf carts driving on the grass. You can see them from the street. I would imagine they need the trail fees to fix/maintain the grass.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.