Crazy Golf Course Rules

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I repeat...

As a person who has played golf for forty years and at a lot of courses, I think our fees are more than reasonable and spectators fees are very common. It took me less than a minute to find several examples.

Here is one;http://www.robson.com/assets/pdf/RRAZ_GolfFees.pdf
Would seem to me that the term "spectator" really shouldn't apply to a 12 year old visiting Grandchild. ( You might think differently if this was your Grandchild) Speaks more to the mentality (or lack of same) of the supposed adults making rules like this. At one time I was told my 20 something Daughter was not allowed at a community Pool with her guest pass unless she was accompanied by an adult.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimball View Post
Would seem to me that the term "spectator" really shouldn't apply to a 12 year old visiting Grandchild. ( You might think differently if this was your Grandchild) Speaks more to the mentality (or lack of same) of the supposed adults making rules like this. At one time I was told my 20 something Daughter was not allowed at a community Pool with her guest pass unless she was accompanied by an adult.
It isn't just here. It is on golf courses everywhere. He could have gone with them in the cart if they wanted to pay four dollars for him to be a spectator. That is for anyone who is a spectator. That is accepted golf practice at any golf course I have ever been. He is old enough to play golf, if they wanted to pay for him to play.

Your daughter at 20 could use the family pool. Children at family pools must be accompanied by an adult and people under 30 aren't allowed at adult pools.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Rules are rules and that is why people like my wife prefer living in TV. In fact she would not have moved to florida but for TV because Florida has uneven spot where zoning, etc are not enforced so you never know what is going to be built next door to you. At least in TV you have greater predictability factor.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

It seems like the rules are pretty simple...anyone under the age of 19 has to be accompanied by an adult to certain facilities and if you’re riding in a cart, then you pay a trail fee. And for those who don’t agree, how complicated do you want the rules to be? At what age is a drop-off or free ride-along ok? This isn’t just about ONE 12-year old kid who couldn’t be dropped off at a Rec Center by himself or ride along for free on the golf course. It’s about the tens of thousands of residents, many of whom would like to drop off their young visitors at a Rec Center or take them on the golf courses as spectators. Think about it.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:52 PM

The so called spectator fees I agree with you about that,even though it has always been that way..., but to leave a minor alone with no adult supervision anywhere is wrong...There is way to many children running around with no adult in golf carts , bicycles, skate boards etc....If they cause an injury to someone would you be willing to accept responsibility or point the finger to someone else ?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
but to leave a minor alone with no adult supervision anywhere is wrong...
And I have to wonder...what was the kid suppose to do to entertain himself for two hours in a Rec Center?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Sage

Please don't let your grandchildren run loose in TV. I moved here to escape all that and would be beside myself if they were unsupervised at a rec center.
And yes, you pay the $4.00 fee if you are riding along - had to do it myself when we first arrived and I didn't play golf, but wanted to experience the course. It is what it is and when my 29 year old son visits and goes to play golf with dad he pays to ride eventhough I am not there and we paid for a couple.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Sage
Default Kids need supervision

I understand your disappointment, however I side with most replies. A 12 year old should not be left in a rec center for 2 hours by himself. What would he do?? Play pool with the adults? Play pickleball with the adults?? It's an adult facility. I would think he would be uncomfortable there alone. As for the trail fee, it's only $4.00. Granted TV makes a ton of money on cart fees but really can't complain as it is a reasonable fee. Perhaps he could have gone to the rec center with an adult and had some fun. I hope he enjoyed his stay. With an adult present, there is a lot for him to do....a game of basketball, a game of pool with grandma and Grampa, a swim in the family pool.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Fees for spectators on golf courses are common as was pointed out on earlier posts. Others have also pointed out quite nicely that the facilities at TV are not meant to be baby sitting services.

My question is, BEFORE "you" (I use this term generally and am not singling out the OP) signed on the "bottom line" to purchase a home in TV, did "you" read and understand all of the information which points to the rules and requirements for living here? If yes, then complaining about the rules won't get much sympathy. If "you" did not read and understand the rules, then accept that "you" did not accept "your" responsibility to do so and I would propose that NO sympathy is deserved.

I'd also like to point out that if anyone has changed their minds about the appropriateness of the rules and requirements to live at TV, it is a free world and you can exercise your right, sell your home and move out of TV. I for one appreciate and support the rules/requirements, live by them, and yes, I do get "put off" by those who seem to feel that there should be exceptions to the rules. Exceptions are slippery slopes...."just saying"......
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Sage

I hear what you are saying TrayderJoe, but the OP, I hope, was simply expressing his friend's frustration at the situation. When the rules hit home they are a little tougher to swallow - believe me I am personally challenged daily by the rules and have learned to choose my battles. So you might ask "then why did you move into a community with
the rules you don't like" and I would answer "cause rules never stopped baby boomers from doing whatever". Good or bad that is my generation and hopefully we'll all live happily ever after!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I hear what you are saying TrayderJoe, but the OP, I hope, was simply expressing his friend's frustration at the situation. When the rules hit home they are a little tougher to swallow - believe me I am personally challenged daily by the rules and have learned to choose my battles. So you might ask "then why did you move into a community with
the rules you don't like" and I would answer "cause rules never stopped baby boomers from doing whatever". Good or bad that is my generation and hopefully we'll all live happily ever after!
Thanks Gomoho. I hope the OP was doing so as well, and this is certainly a free world (I support the posters right to free speech), but this is a forum and intent is not always clear by written word. People agreeing with and against the poster (myself included) will "put in their two cents". I am a member of the baby boomers as well, and I would not particularly agree with your general classification of baby boomers, but if it is your opinion, I would never say you are wrong.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
It’s true...we are the Woodstock Generation. It's kind of funny (and a little bit sad) when you think about it.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Sorry, but I see every rule mentioned to be spot on and should be strictly enforced. This is a retirement community for adults, not a day care center.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Warren I appreciate your frustration. However, the trail fee policy is in line with two other Clubs we belonged where we could use our private cart and pay a trail fee. The trail fee in TV is low cost-----paid $560.00 yearly trail fee at our last Club and when our son came to visit and play golf I paid for him to ride in our golf cart. If someone wanted to ride as a spectator they paid same as a golfer. It may be easier to understand why a 12 year old would need supervision in an adult environment. In short, TV'S policies are in line with the industry standards. The only golfing policy that I find unusual is the lenient policy of allowing golfers to wear,blue jeans while golfing on TV courses. At most Clubs they send you home or offer to sell you appropriate golf trousers/shorts at Country Club prices!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Warren I appreciate your frustration. However, the trail fee policy is in line with two other Clubs we belonged where we could use our private cart and pay a trail fee. The trail fee in TV is low cost-----paid $560.00 yearly trail fee at our last Club and when our son came to visit and play golf I paid for him to ride in our golf cart. If someone wanted to ride as a spectator they paid same as a golfer. It may be easier to understand why a 12 year old would need supervision in an adult environment. In short, TV'S policies are in line with the industry standards. The only golfing policy that I find unusual is the lenient policy of allowing golfers to wear,blue jeans while golfing on TV courses. At most Clubs they send you home or offer to sell you appropriate golf trousers/shorts at Country Club prices!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.