Cussing female on multimodal path

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 07:08 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfish View Post
It is not only more polite but necessary for you to follow the path rules, walk facing into the traffic, that is carts and bikes. If you are walking with two or more people you should walk on the edge single file for your own safety and others, as well. Really would you walk with your grandchildren on the highway with your back to a truck and be shocked with they sound a fog horn??? Sorry to say you are completely wrong and put your grandchildren in danger. Walkers on the paths of course are entitled to be there but are not entitled...
And if the grumpy lady on the bike had just explained that in mild tone the group would have likely been appreciative and would have posted how nice it was that someone took the time to explain it. Instead this angry, unhappy lady made TV look a community of entitled old people who have no tolerance for anyone but themselves. Good job!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
When traffic coming you should walk single file and be ready to get off path out of harms way. I wouldn’t want to be dead right. Sorry she couldn’t of said it more politely. Cussing in front of kids was uncalled for.
Great post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,681 Times in 631 Posts

I think the problem is that the OP called it a Multi-Modal Path. I think she was actually referring to the walking/biking paths that go along Fenney Way and do not allow golf carts.

Since our neighborhood of Osceola Hills has no walking paths, we often go the Southern area to walk and bike.

The walk around Hogeye Marsh has a short section along a MMP and we always walk to the left facing the golf cart traffic.

On the walking/biking path, we always walk on the right half of the trail so the bikes can pass us on the left.

When we ride our bikes on the walking/biking trails, we always let the walkers know we are coming and pass them very carefully.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:18 AM

So if walking I should be …..and if bike riding I should.... where are these rules?
I understand facing but is this a rule?
We walk on paths in Pittsburgh on the right side, bikes go around on left.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Default North of 44 or South of 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
If OP had to turn around to see the lady, OP was walking on the wrong side of the pathway.
There’s a huge difference between the paths north of 44 and south of 44. The walking paths these people are referring to are south of 44 and golf carts are not allowed on them, even though they look almost exactly the same as the MMPs to the north. I always walk facing traffic where cars or golf carts are concerned but on a walking path, I stay to the right. Think about it. Can you imagine taking a hike in a state park or up a mountain and walking on the left side of the trail? Bicyclists I’ve encountered have always been polite, and so have I. Don’t hog the walking paths, learn to share.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

these paths are not sidewalks folks...ya gotta stay alert

think about it do you really think that a 75+ person is an excellent driver and has the quick reactions of a 15 year old and doesn't get anxious when they have to pass people on a narrow path

I say get the heck out of their way

This place was built for over 55+ year old adults....everyone else needs to adapt when they're visiting and not assume that it's just like being home

now the cussing...that's her bad
Old 04-02-2020, 07:24 AM

So it's bad to curse in front of the wee "little treasures" but it would be ok to shove a stick in the wheel, shove her bike where the sun doesn't shine etc. haha I think I get it. Golly I'm sorry kids but that b**** just swore at you all. Here hold my milk and cookies and watch this!
Possibly a good reply would be... sorry that you had to hear that kids but we were (and I'm assuming here but I'll bet I'm correct) in the wrong walking on the wrong side, blocking the entire path and not giving her a way around.
I've never been hit by a bike that was doing 20 but I did hit a jaywalker once at about that speed. Hurt him a lot more than it hurt me. A lot more.
And to DianeM who said "I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first."... will you marry me. lol
Old 04-02-2020, 07:24 AM

If you’re supposed to walk on the left side of the path against traffic, wouldn’t that mean that when you see a bicycle or cart coming toward you on the same side, you would have to step off the path to get out of their way?? That does not make sense to me.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:27 AM
Default walking direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
They’re AH everywhere, just ignore her.
If she came up on you from behind you were probably on the wrong side of the path. You should walk on the left side facing traffic. But you are correct about her attitude. She probably has the alligator virus syndrome - all mouth, no brain.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommom91 View Post
If you’re supposed to walk on the left side of the path against traffic, wouldn’t that mean that when you see a bicycle or cart coming toward you on the same side, you would have to step off the path to get out of their way?? That does not make sense to me.
haha Oh nevermind.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
This is an ADULT community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.
Wow, while I agree with your comment on having the right to say whatever you want I feel that there is a bit of anger coming through that you might not intend. This is just a forum for open discussion not the Roman Colosseum, we are not out for blood. Also remember that being kind is more important than exercising your rights. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:29 AM

would you rather see them coming and step off the path or not see them coming and end up in the hospital
Old 04-02-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
How do YOU know that, I don’t know what she said. Yes kids pick up things from other kids. Any language I wanted my children to learn from adults came from my cues. It should be the parents choice, not some random nut job.
We all have had to correct our kids at one time or another, usually you left the room and chuckled.
The lesson they learned was this is the language of anger. Not okay
It devastates me that you could not detect my post's sense of humor. What's worse, you yelled "YOU" at me and we haven't even met. Now, your grammar and sentence structure could use some help. Please tell me when teaching your children proper "language," you aren't teaching them grammar as well. I would've thought more from a TOTV "senior member."
Old 04-02-2020, 07:32 AM
Default Weak minded

Quote:
Adults are free to use any language they wish.
Yes they are but, as my father used to tell us kids, "The use of profanity is a feeble attempt by a weak mind to Express itself forcefully." Enough said!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Adults are free to use any language they wish.
I am all for kindness and politeness. However if someone just goes off with me I would have just given it right back with words she never heard before. No excuse for being an a'hole.
Closed Thread

Tags
cussing, ding, easy, time, multimodal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.