Cussing female on multimodal path

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know Missy. Her children were visiting and then this crisis imposed itself. I am guessing that they do not want to return home on a airplane and that they are reluctant to drive with an overnight due to the risk of being infected. I do know the family to be hardworking, rule followers, kind and polite....and Missy is one of the best cooks I have ever met, except for her dad who bakes awesome loaves of bread. Whole group is salt of the earth.
Thanks Gracie. Feel bad about their experience. Staying put at this time is not a bad idea, imo. Sadly, I think they may be visiting for a lot longer than expected. Hope the tp holds out till they can get safely home. Also, be prepared for things to become uglier as stress and frustration grows.
Best wishes to all
Old 04-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Said the woman on the bike.
Sorry sweetie but it wasn’t me. Nice try though.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
Why are there so many angry, me first, get out of my face people here in TV. I had been told this is one of the friendliest places in Florida. I do love it here, but after 8 years of running into people with Diane’s kind of attitude I will never tell anyone this is a really friendly place.
My post wasn’t angry just truthful.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
So it's bad to curse in front of the wee "little treasures" but it would be ok to shove a stick in the wheel, shove her bike where the sun doesn't shine etc. haha I think I get it. Golly I'm sorry kids but that b**** just swore at you all. Here hold my milk and cookies and watch this!
Possibly a good reply would be... sorry that you had to hear that kids but we were (and I'm assuming here but I'll bet I'm correct) in the wrong walking on the wrong side, blocking the entire path and not giving her a way around.
I've never been hit by a bike that was doing 20 but I did hit a jaywalker once at about that speed. Hurt him a lot more than it hurt me. A lot more.
And to DianeM who said "I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first."... will you marry me. lol

I love you.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoresands View Post
Yes they are but, as my father used to tell us kids, "The use of profanity is a feeble attempt by a weak mind to Express itself forcefully." Enough said!
Nothing feeble here sweetie.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
This is an ADULT community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.
There is a difference between maturity and adult. This type of reaction is a sign of immaturity, I would expect something like this from a Jr High or High school student. Also, a bell?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Boston View Post
I am all for kindness and politeness. However if someone just goes off with me I would have just given it right back with words she never heard before. No excuse for being an a'hole.
Nailed it!
Old 04-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Default Not in front of kids!

Quote:
Adults are free to use any language they wish.
I repeat, NOT IN FRONT OF KIDS

if you are an adult, you should know better
Old 04-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Default Bikes anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.
What you describe is not unusual.
There are a lot of good people who ride bikes here and they for the most part are easy going nice folks.
BUT There are a number of people with an
I GOT MY RIGHTS ATTITUDES
IF you ask them where they come from more often than not you’ll hear, New York. Before anybody from NY, Long Island or NJ metro areas gets their pantries in a twist just remember folks they cannot help it without a significant emotional event to change their rude, crude and socially unacceptable behaviors.
They are very easy to spot
Actions speak almost as loudly as their words.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhendricks772@gmail.com View Post
DianeM.. your replies are a disgrace!!!
Not looking for a replacement mommy but thanks for interviewing.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Default Low Lifes

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.
There are low life's in every walk of life. She apparently was one of them. Be glad she didn't run into you as well as cuss at you. She is one of the low life's. Enjoy your grandchildren - they grow up way too fast.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Gmta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
this is a multi modal pathway, not a road or a street. You do not have to walk into the traffic and you do not have to walk in a single file. First words are multi modal, not cart, bike, roller blades or anything else. It also does not say anything about a transportation street, road, boulevard, alley or anything near. It is for multi, which for you who do not understand means many with no limit to the means of movement. If she wanted to pass and did not have room, wait until you have room and pass.

If it had been me, my ugly side might have come out and she would have accidently fallen off her bike!!!!
gmta!!!!!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndomines View Post
What you describe is not unusual.
There are a lot of good people who ride bikes here and they for the most part are easy going nice folks.
BUT There are a number of people with an
I GOT MY RIGHTS ATTITUDES
IF you ask them where they come from more often than not you’ll hear, New York. Before anybody from NY, Long Island or NJ metro areas gets their pantries in a twist just remember folks they cannot help it without a significant emotional event to change their rude, crude and socially unacceptable behaviors.
They are very easy to spot
Actions speak almost as loudly as their words.
Yes we New Yorkers are tough and gritty. You need to grow up early to match your counterparts. I can’t help but think how absolutely boring the Midwest must be with all the goodie types. Thanks but I’ll stay grateful for my behaviors.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Not looking for a replacement mommy but thanks for interviewing.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-02-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I love you.
Well that's a good start. lol
Closed Thread

Tags
cussing, ding, easy, time, multimodal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.